Tuesday 27 January 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

  photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

FOR TODAY,  January 27th,  2015

Outside my window ...
It's cold and dark.  I don't remember turning the heat on this morning, but it's on.   I know I turned it off last night before we went to bed.   Maybe Todd turned it back on, thinking he was turning it off. 

I am thinking ... 
Ariana starts another set of night shifts today.   She worked four nights last week, then had two days off and is starting another set of four nights.  This week they are broken up by one day off in the middle.  I don't know how she does it.  I would be totally exhuasted.

I am thankful ...
That I don't have to work nights!

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN0202_zpswdmbyqng.jpg

Sage Roasted Bangers with Mash and Onion Gravy.  This gravy is ab fab!

On my "to cook" list ...





















Tartiflette from January's Delicious Magazine.  In fact it was on the cover.  It looks so good.

I am creating ...
 First I want to show you what my sister made!


















She has been needlefelting these toadstool mushrooms and . . .

















She put them into a tiny spice jar terrarium!  Aren't they adorable.   She will be opening an Etsy Shop once she has enough stock.   We were deciding on a name for it yesterday.  Stay tuned!






















 I love this cardi/vest from Garn Studio.  I haven't done any knitting in years.  I would love to do some.   We shall see.























I love this paper wreath.  It's so cute.  From DCWV Diary.






















Crochet Bunting.  It's so cute and there are hearts in the middle.   From Jam Made.

I am going ...
I think I was supposed to go and get my hair cut last week.   I think I need to make another appointment because I am pretty sure I missed it.   I am torn between wanting to let my hair grow a bit longer and having it cut.   My hair dresser always cuts it so short though . . . .

I am reading ...





















 Amy and Isabelle, by Elizabeth Strout

Isabelle Goodrow has been living in self-imposed exile with her daughter Amy for 15 years. Shamed by her past and her affair with Amy's father she has submerged herself in the routine of her dead-end job and her unrequited love for her boss. But when Amy, frustrated by her quiet and unemotional mother, embarks on an illicit affair with her maths teacher, the disgrace intensifies the shame Isabelle feels about her own past. Throughout one long, sweltering summer as the events of the small town ebb and flow around them Amy and Isabelle exist in silent conflict until a final act leads ultimately to the understanding they both crave.

This is a book by the same author of Olive Kitteridge.  I enjoyed that so I thought I would read another one of hers.  Actually this is the first novel she had published.  So far it is quite good.  I want to pick another Inspector Gamache novel to read also.  I really enjoyed the first one!

I am hoping ...
I am really hoping that one my sister gets her Etsy shop opened, she achieves some success with it.   She could really use a lucky break.

Makes me smile ...
  




















 Oh, that it were that easy! 

I am learning ...
How to needlefelt.  It's a lot harder than it looks!

Around the house ...






















Papered Floor Boards.  Can you imagine?  So beautiful.  I would love this in the bedroom.






















I love this antique looking post box.  From Dot and Bo.






















I love this fabric slip cover for a chair.  The colours are so beautiful.   From grrl + dog.











 










I have always wanted a stove like this. Mind you, you need a house big enough to keep it in.   But a gal can dream can't she?


















I have always loved blue and white china.   These cannisters are gorgeous.  I could live with these quite happily!

I am pondering  ...
The Power of Positive Thinking  . . .  I know it works.   I think I need to start a positive thinking journal, to help attract positivity/employment into my life.

A Favourite quote for the day ...  

 photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg 
`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~      

ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
(¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“


It is a great art to saunter.
~Thoreau

Today I will try sauntering.

One of my favourite things ...























Lace curtains.  I just adore them.

A peek into my day ...





















I write every day.  Blogs, journals, letters  . . . poetry, stories.   I always have something making the journey from my brain to my fingertip . . .

And that's my day book for this week!
  
⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you! 


Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!

12 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie,

    You have given me a lot to explore today. I do so love blue and white china. Recently I went to a Royal Dolton shop. I bought something for the girls for next Christmas and stopped there. I could have bought so much.

    As for Ariana, I do feel for her. We used to do seven nights running and could work ten days straight, have one day off and en again. There was always three days off at the end but it was so tiring.

    God bless. He has blessed my day. Will found a new job this morning. Beth started her first real day of teaching and had a very relaxed introduction considering she is working in one of the schools no one wants to work at. Pip is happy because her "boy" came home today. They are having a very slow courtship that is beautiful to watch. Both of them are in their own little world talking and giggling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marie! Oooo... LOVE, love, love those lil' mushrooms your sister's been making... and as part of teeny, tiny terrarium--how CUTE is that?!! Very exciting she's opening an Esty shop--best of luck and fun to her with that! Sweet crochet bunting. Since I began crocheting the past two years, I've hardly knitted anything. I think one knit project in all that time--gasp! LOVE that cheerful paper wreath--so pretty for spring. And just so many pretty finds today...*sigh*... nice way to start the week. ;o) Happy Days, dear friend ((LOVE & BIG HUGS)) P.S. You were wondering if we've had snow here--we have, but it's been an odd winter in that one week we're freezing and snowing, and then the next it's mild and being washed away...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say that I love the mushrooms too. It is inspired. I might seriously be interested in buying one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzan, it sounds like your kids are all doing so well. As a mom that is a great feeling. I think it's probably a good thing I have no disposable income or my house would be crowded with things I don't need but love. Have a lovely evening. xxoo

    Winter has been really strange here as well Tracy, our hydrangea has buds on it and the fish have not slept, but they say we are going to have a cold snap this weekend which will put a halt to all of that. Love and hugs! xoxo

    PS - Suzan and Tracy, my sister has been really encouraged by your interest in what she is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the toadstools!!! My granny had a stove like that...she was Irish and boy could she cook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet she could cook up a storm Linda! How lovely. An Irish Granny!xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sister is talented as are you. I'm thinking we all have some kind of particular gift to share. And it's wonderful that you do such a good job of it. I've let my hair grow and am enjoying just putting it back in a pony tail. So easy. I'm tempted some days to get it cut. I started letting it grow last April. Took a while to get to this point. Hope you have a terrific Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love today's pretties..
    Love the floor..the mailbox,sweater..lace..books..
    Marie at Arianas age..it felt I needed no sleep:)

    I don't even like to go out at night anymore let alone work..and yet for years..I was out at night..hated that at the end.
    You must be crazy about the toadstools since you love them so..
    How fun the two of you are in collusion with this craft.So many cute things!
    Jacques loves sausages.. ..your dish looks like it would appeal to him..Have a great day..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you are right Pam, everyone has their own talents to share! I used to wear mine in a ponytail when it was longer. You have a terrific Tuesday also! xxoo

    THanks Monique! It is fun that I can do something with my sister, even though we are thousands of miles apart. We always did things together and used to enjoy doing craft shows together. We may not agree on some things but we do agree on many! I think sausages are man food!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like everyne else that has been commenting think your sisters felting is lovely. Mary bought me a set in the £1 shop a couple of weeks ago...it is a wee monkey but I have not even attempted to do anything with it yet,,,I will get down to having a go one day..I am still feeling tired...probably the effect of my Sister...well that is my excuse...maybe lazy would be more appropriate ¬...I hope you do get your hair cut I like it short but please just tell teh hairdresser that you don't want it quite so short, just a trim this time please...In fact that is exactly what both Mary and I said to my niece Barbara this morning when she was here to cut our hair ready for our holiday..it had grown quite a bit bbut I quite like it a little longer and so she did just as we asked...I did have a lovely lunch out today woth Pam, Bronwyn and Mary...then it was home to go to bibke study...or what we call bible study but which usually turns out into more of a christian discussion !!.....Hope you have had a good day xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I drool over all the wonderful ideas you show us! You and your sister sure are having fun needle felting. They look so cute. I'll send you a picture soon of the paper flowers I'm making. I just started and it's great fun for me. Also, I will write soon Marie. Loved your email. :-)
    PS Our temperature was 70 degrees today. Tomorrow will be cooler then we will see a little snow for the weekend. Love ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a good Christian Discussion Sybil! It's a lot of fun exchanging ideas and understanding with like minded people! I will probably get my hair cut, but like you suggest, I will ask that she leave it a tiny bit longer than she usually does!! xxoo

    Thanks Valerie! I can't wait to see your flowers! I just know they will be beautiful!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!