Monday 12 January 2015

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

  photo smallandwonderfulthings_zps3028a6aa.jpg

 "The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard  

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best.  



 photo ff5c5bc27e30bf5d7c91b76c1c41e560_zps98c32b16.jpg

The wind continues to howl, rain still falls and it's bitter cold . . . well . . .  cold for here at any rate!  I am grateful for a nice home to keep me warm.  I really feel for the animals and birds when this kind of weather comes along.   We put out extra food for the birds and more fat balls, but the buffeting they take in these types of winds must really put them to the test.

 photo paris-sunday-march-charlie-hebdo-6_zpsdd9534a5.jpg

The sight of millions of people marching in Unity and led by 40 world leaders linking arms in Paris yesterday protesting against the terrorist attacks which took place over three days in Paris last week.  It was beautiful to see such unity of purpose.  It helped to restore my hope in mankind.

 photo cda-france-20150111_zpsb8739781.jpg

The rally/march began at the Place de la Republique and concluded in the Place de la Nation. Several other French cities also held rallies. The interior ministry said turnout across France was at least 3.7 million, including up to 1.6 million in Paris, an estimate as the sheer numbers made an exact tally difficult.  And there were not only marches in France . . .

 photo image_zpsc41abb3e.jpg

Similar marches were held all around the world, with thousands of people gathering in London, Washington, Montreal and Berlin. In Madrid, several hundred Muslims held banners saying "Not in our name" next to the train station where in 2004 Islamist bombings killed nearly 200 people.

A small thing to move out of your comfort zone and show your support, a huge impact on the world.  People of every race, colour and faith joined in solidarity and cause.  It's a beautiful thing to witness.

 photo 31114_all_017_01-home_teach_zps0ea0af47.jpg

Home Teachers who diligently visit us each month to share a message with us and to see to our needs, if any.

As part of their responsibility to watch over the members of the Church, home teachers visit their assigned families at least once each month to teach and strengthen them. Home teachers establish a relationship of trust with these families so that the families can call upon them in times of need.

I am grateful for men and young men who honor their callings each month and do what they have been asked to do.   We have been very blessed.

 photo 06500_all_07-09-teachers_zps8d4a1551.jpg

Thankful also for diligent Visiting Teachers who do the same, except they are just for me.  Grateful for all the programs of the church which, if done properly, see to the care and welfare of every member in the church.

 photo SAM_5785_zpsd8358169.jpg

Puppy dog belly snuggles.  Love this little madame and her trust hin and love for us.  She adds immeasurably to our lives.  Life would not be the same without her in it.

 photo magic-mirror_zpsa3f8cd91.jpg


Each one of you.  I can't see you, but I know you're there.  You bless my life in immeasureable ways also, and I am grateful for your presence in my life.    Just wanted you to know that you are appreciated!

A thought to carry with you through today . . .


 ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥ 
Give every day the chance to become
the most beautiful day of your life.
~Mark Twain
 ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥ 


 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . .  Coconut Basil Curried Chicken.

Happy Monday!  I hope it gets your week off to a very good start!  Don't forget.

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


 

9 comments:

  1. Morning Marie. we are still beinng buffeted by teh wind this morning as well but must say that it dosn'r seem so cold. When Masy was out at 6 50am she came back in and didn't feel cold...mind you she was only out a few mins LOL....Hope you have a good day ahead.
    I am feeling almost completely back to normal so am looking forward to Apm's visit and guild this afternoon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Marie. we are still beinng buffeted by teh wind this morning as well but must say that it dosn'r seem so cold. When Masy was out at 6 50am she came back in and didn't feel cold...mind you she was only out a few mins LOL....Hope you have a good day ahead.
    I am feeling almost completely back to normal so am looking forward to Apm's visit and guild this afternoon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sybil and Marie I am sorry that the weather has continued to be so poor. Believe it or not I did not know that march had occurred. I am glad that there are people who are marching under the banner of not in my name.

    I have had a sad afternoon visiting my beloved Margaret. She is in hospice care now in the same complex as dad so visiting is not so difficult.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sybil, I hope you have a lovely visit with Pam and enjoy your Guild meeting! Despite the weather it's good to get out and about! xxoo

    Sorry to hear abour your friend Margaret Suzan. Sending you extra love and hugs and prayers. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Margaret is my aunt and godmother and all my life I have wanted to be like her. I love her so very much. I sat holding her hand and there was not much else to do. It will be a huge hole but this time I have been able to say my goodbyes.

    Beth has messaged me and she loved Disney but said she could not do much as the lines were so long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here we have more snow on the ground and it's just a tiny bit warmer but still very cold out. Hope you have a wonderful Monday !

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a light snow falling..it's a little grey.
    I too was moved when I saw the rallyes..gatherings..
    Solidarity..
    I did worry though for a brief instant ..that something could happen.So many heads of countries gathered..so many people..
    Your curry looks wonderful..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely thoughts today and it reminded me of how blessed we are to have Home and Visiting Teachers. My husband had our Home Teacher give him a blessing yesterday. He has a stressful week of work out of town and needed that blessing. It was a sweet moment.
    I love that they had the marches; it makes you realize that there is a lot of good in the world today.
    Blessings and hugs for this one dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure Margaret is comforted by your presence Suzan. I have heard that about Disney and the overlong lines for things. It's unfortunate. xoxo

    Thanks Pam! I hope your Monday was a good one! xoxo

    I was concerned that people would get hurt also Monique. I was amazed that nobody was. The security must have been unreal! I was so pleased it all went off without a hitch! xoxo

    Thanks LeAnn! The church's programs are definitely inspired and bless those who are on both ends of service I believe. Yes, it is nice to see the good that does exist in the world today rather than only the bad! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!