Tuesday 25 September 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .


 

FOR TODAY, September 25, 2018

Outside my window ...
I am watching the sun rise.  I have missed that during the summer months as the sun gets up far too early then. Also looks to be a dry day, so I might actually get out and do a bit of shopping today. We will see. 

I am thinking ...
Got to see my toe yesterday and it looks fine.  The toenail is just a tiny bit narrower than it was before. It appears to be healing very well, in fact they have discharged me and sent me home with a shedload of bandages to do my own bandage changes from now on. They showed me how to do it. I should be able to resume normal shoe wearing in about 3 weeks time.  Yay! 

In the kitchen ...

Quick & Easy Chicken Parm for Two 

Quick & Easy Chicken Parmigiana for Two. This is really tasty and comes with tiny roasted potatoes. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 


Bumpy Cake by King Arthur Flour.  This looks like a great chocolate cake! 

Good to know ... 



My Life From Home.  Putting together a household/housekeeping binder. I like this idea.   

I am creating ...


Ravelry. Remember these?  I used to knit them for my kids and myself years and years ago.  I think I will knit some this winter for us.  


Caught on a Whim. Crochet Mitten Garland.  


Crochet Christmas Lights, Jean Herman on Ravelry.  


Being Genevieve.  Carseat Canopy. I love this.  


Creativities.  Self fastening flower scarf. 


Inklebores, except it is in Spanish.  I can just get Ariana to translate for me.

Oh my goodness ... 
  

That darned Maple Cake I baked last week.  Its just too good for my own good.  

I am reading ... 




The Book of Air and Shadows, by Michael Gruber 


A clever, pacey thriller set around the search for a lost Shakespearean play. Tap-tapping the keys and out come the words on this little screen, and who will read them I hardly know. I could be dead by the time anyone actually gets to read them, as dead as, say, Tolstoy. Or Shakespeare. Does it matter, when you read, if the person who wrote still lives?

These are the words of Jake Mishkin, whose seemingly innocent job as an intellectual property lawyer has put him at the centre of a deadly conspiracy and hunt to find a priceless treasure connected to William Shakespeare. As he awaits a killer-or killers-unknown, Jake writes an account of the events that led to this deadly endgame, a frantic chase that began when a fire in an antiquarian bookstore revealed the hiding place of letters containing a shocking secret, concealed for four hundred years. In a frantic race from New York to England and Switzerland, Jake finds himself matching wits with a shadowy figure who seems to anticipate his every move.

 What at first seems like a thrilling puzzle waiting to be deciphered soon turns into a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse, where no one – not family, not friends, not lovers – is to be trusted. Moving between twenty-first-century America and seventeenth-century England, ‘The Book of Air and Shadows’is a modern thriller that brilliantly re-creates William Shakespeare's life at the turn of the seventeenth century and combines an ingenious and intricately layered plot with a devastating portrait of a contemporary man on the brink of self-discovery . . . or self-destruction.

Only just started it, but it had good reviews and so far is a cracking good read.

Looking Forward to ...
There is a pot luck lunch at the chapel today, not sure if I will go or not, but I am kind of wanting to. Also General Conference is coming up in just a few weeks time.  I love LOVE General Conference!

Dreaming about ... 

  

Antique French Tulle Swags  . . .   


Ireland  . . .  The Quiet Man  . . .


Wish I could  . . .  except in black  . . . 

  

This too . . .  I love this  . . . even at my thinnest I always felt fat . . . I wonder why that is . . . I'd love to be that fat now  . . . 



Stained glass leaves . . .   

Something to watch . . .  


We watched this last night and it was really, really, really good. Plus it had Brian Dennehy in it.  I love Brian Dennehy.

Makes me smile ... 

  

I love this photo of my son. He sent it to me yesterday as we were chatting. He was mushroom hunting in the woods.  I think he is a really handsome man.  I know I am a bit biased.  I love him.

A Quote for the day ... 
(¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..  
The path of modern pioneers is not easy.
Burdens carried in the heart can be
just as heavy as those pulled in a handcart.
~Dallin H Oaks  ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.   

Corners of my kingdom ... 


Little Moreton Hall, Cheshire, also known as Old Moreton Hall, is a moated half-timbered manor house. The earliest parts of the house were built for the prosperous Cheshire landowner William Moreton in about 1504–08, and the remainder was constructed in stages by successive generations of the family until about 1610.   


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 



Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   


8 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. I am so glad that your toe is doing well and that you can look after it yourself. I also hope that you get to the potluck. It sounds fun.

    Once again I have pulled up many tabs and will be off to explore. Mum has knitted a pair of those slippers for Connor and has a pair on her needles for Pip. I would like a pair of those shoes too. I hope your son had a successful mushroom hunt. I would love to do that.

    Beth and Jermu welcomed a rescue dog into their lives today. She looks so sweet and seems to be settling well.

    God bless and lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He showed my pictures of some he had found! The Lions Mane was beautiful! Congrats to Beth and Jermu! Love and hugs! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. I happy to see that you were released and the toe is doing so well. Just a few weeks now and you'll be good as new ! We have rain today unlike you with your sunny day, ours is dark and cloudy bit rainy days are nice to get those things inside done. Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you Pam! I hope you have a great day also! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love that you were up watching the sun rise, I should try that sometime. It’s been a while. I’m a late night one so I’m not up at dawn. I’m very happy that your toe is doing well.
    The chocolate cake looks so lucsious. I’m trying to slow down on the chocolate. This was way to tempting.
    Years ago putting together a household manual would have excited me; now I am less enthusiastic about a project like this. I still think it is a great idea.
    I remember crocheted slippers like these, I think they are so cute.
    I enjoyed looking at all the crocheted items; they are awesome.
    The carseat canopy is a marvelous idea.
    The maple cake looks yummy! I’m trying a low carb diet to drop some pounds so i can get into my winter clothes. I gained over that last few months and I am doing my usual up and down weight things. I have struggled my whole life with weight problems. Does it every end! No!!
    You do chose the most unique books to read. This was sounds intriguing.
    Yes, Ireland and the quiet man. My ancestory comes from Ireland. It would be so great to visit there someday.
    The shoes and dress are so adorable. It would be fun to fit in that cute dress. It won’t happen in my lifetime.
    The Ultimate Gifti is a great movie.
    You do have a handsome son; I love the photo of him.
    Wow, that Moreton Hall looks like such a unique place to visit. I can’t wrap my mind around how old it is.
    Blessings and hugs for you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake of any kind is far too tempting for me LeAnn! I can't resist cake! I found out in my DNA that I am 27% Irish and I am really keen to visit there one day! Love, hugs and blessings for you and Roger also! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear the toe is doing well...old age seems to be one thing after another doesn't it? We saw the dentist today...oh my...well, there goes a gob of money in the next months. I wonder sometimes if indeed it is worth it!! By the way, I like to read your blog most of all...and glad you are able to keep putting out all these interesting ideas!! Thank you!! Hugs...and so happy too you have at least some kids who keep in touch. Helps to have some doesn't it? (speaking to the choir here).
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it is indeed very good to have some, and I don't take that for granted Elizabeth! Love and hugs to you and blessings always. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!