Tuesday 11 September 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .


 

FOR TODAY, September 11, 2018

Outside my window ...
Its raining like the clappers. Cats and Dogs. Tipping it down. Windy too.


I am thinking ...
17 years ago today. Our world changed forever.  We must never forget or let our guard down. Today I honor those who lost their lives on that day and who have lost their lives since, and those who stand on guard to protect and keep us all safe.  We must never become complacent or let our guard down.


In the kitchen ...
Spicy Ham & Cheese Croissants 

Spicy Ham & Cheese Croissant Sandwiches.  With bacon and caramelised onions.  Seriously tasty!


On my "to cook" list ...


Green Valley Kitchen.  Flatbread Pizza with Spinach and Goats Cheese. Its all the things I love.

Good to know ...


Savour the Flavour.  How to make chew Ciabatta Rolls.


I am creating ...


Doug's blanket is growing  . . . 


Nobel Knits.  Free pattern for a lacy beret.  


Ravelry.  I Love this tiny sweater.   


Crafts Zen. The simplest way to Book Bind.  


Arigumi Patterns. Didi the little Reindeer. Not free but not expensive.  Really cute.  


Oh my goodness ...


Fresh Basil Pesto  . . .  love the stuff.  


I am reading ... 


The Wisdom of Sally Red Shoes, by Ruth Hogan

Once a a spirited, independent woman with a rebellious streak, her life has been forever changed by a tragic event twelve years ago.

Unable to let go of her grief, she finds solace in the silent company of the souls of her local Victorian cemetery and at the town's lido, where she seeks refuge underwater - safe from the noise and the pain.
But a chance encounter with two extraordinary women - the fabulous and wise Kitty Muriel, a convent girl-turned-magician's wife-turned-seventy-something-roller-disco-fanatic, and the mysterious Sally Red Shoes, a bag lady with a prodigious voice - opens up a new world of possibilities, and the chance to start living again.

Until the fateful day when the past comes roaring back...

Have only just started this.

Looking Forward to ...
There is a photography class at our chapel on Saturday.  I am thinking of going to it.

Dreaming about ...


Old iron bed steads  . . . 

  

A thatched roof and a white picket fence . . .  


 Pretty little wreath  . . . 


Ruffles and bows  . . . 

  

A cosy place to read  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society

We watched this last night and found it to be quite delightful, and very entertaining!  Well done!

Makes me smile ...

  

This photo of Josh age 3. Not sure what he is doing, but I love it  . . . why do they have to grow up?


A Quote for the day ...
  (¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
Don't worry about failures.
Worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try  . . . 
~Jack Canfield    ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. 


Corners of my kingdom ...

  

The Royal Pavilion, Brighton. The Royal Pavilion, also known as the Brighton Pavilion, is a Grade I listed former royal residence located in Brighton, England. Beginning in 1787, it was built in three stages as a seaside retreat for George, Prince of Wales, who became the Prince Regent in 1811.


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 




Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

8 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. The Brighton Pavilion certainly looks better in its summer finery. So many delicious finds today. I need to reread this post. I have been wandering down a rabbit hole and looking at craft stores online.

    I loved the Guernsey etc film and book. So much to think about. Pretty scenery too.

    God bless you today and always. Ps have a look out for a post about Mia. She is modelling a dress for the local quilt shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the scenery in the film was stunning. I want to go and see it in person! I will look for the post with Mia's photo! I bet it is sweet! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi, Marie! sooo LOVELY to catch up with you!! It's been raining off and on here for some day too, chilly as well... autumn is definitely on the doorstep! In a way, it's hard to grasp time, and that it's been so long since the tragedy 9/11--been praying on that today... How comforting and beautiful is the blanket you are making for Doug!! :) And comfort food too--your ham & cheese croissandwishes look sooo moorishly good! Must try those for a weekend treat! That lacy beret is so pretty! I may have a go at that project, as I've been looking at hat patterns lately. That cropped knit cardi, the Miette by Andi Satterlund is in my Ravelry queue and something I hope to knit next year--love that design! Oh, my goodness--how ADORABLE is that little crochet reindeer??!! I suddenly want a menagerie of amigurumi critters... LOL! Your current reading sounds VERY fun--must go see about that one, what interesting characters! I've been hearing lots of good things about ...Potato Peel Society--both book and film--somehow I missed this one! Hope you get to the photography class this coming weekend--fun! Ooo... the Royal Pavillion at Brighton--have always wanted to visit there...hoping to still one day. ;) Happy week to you all there my friend... So glad to see dear Todd had a happy 80th last weekend! LOVE YOU BOTH SOOO MUCH!! :)))) ((LOVE & BUG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had already read the book Tracy so was eager to see the film. We saw it on Amazon Prime. A treat for us both! I think you would LOVE it. A bit of intrigue, some romance, a bit of sadness, but no nudity or vulgar language! Its great! Love and hugs to you, TJ and Luna! (((((hugs))))) xoxo

      Delete
  3. The small things in life are very often the best ! Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We must never forget that day! We took our daughter and grandchildren to the Healing Field Memorial for September 11th, 2001, in Sandy, Utah. There are over 3,000 plus flags with little cards telling aobut the different individuals that lost their lives that day. It was sobering and emotional. I then read to my grandhchildren the journal entries I made during those first few days.
    As always, I loved your recipes and recipe links, along with all the crocheted items. I think the blanket you are making for Doug is lovely. The colors are spectacular.
    The things you dream are indeed things I love too. I want that reading chair. I love pick and frilly white together. I home with the picket fence is a dream home for sure.
    Your book choice looks interesting. The film looks like one to try and watch too. I like that era.
    The photo fo your Josh is priceless. You should go to the photography class. I would love to go and learn more on that subject.
    You always have an interesting corner of your kingdom photo to share; love it.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a camera and I don't really know how to use it properly LeAnn! I wonder what could I do if I knew more! Love and hugs to you LeAnn and to Roger too! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!