Saturday 21 June 2014

It's a summer kind of post . . .

















 Summer creeps in like a soft footed pretty little maid . . .  pirouetting in on slippers of gold.  Tis the season of wildflower meadows and picnics and berries and cream . . .  




















For cloudless skies and starlit nights and sand-in-the-toes walks on a sunlit beach . . .

  



















For ice creams and popsicles and butterflies and bees . . . .  he loves me, he loves me not and daisy crowns . . .

.

For skipping stones across trickling brooks and sprinkler runs . . . and wading in cold water that reaches to your knees . . .

{ whimsicalities }

For reading books midst insect's hum and picnics beneath the shadows of dark and leafy trees . . .  
















 For tall frosty glasses of lemonade and soaring through the sky on invisible wings that carry you higher and higher, warm breezes on your cheeks . . .























For jars filled with fireflies and barefeet and slipping between cold sheets at end of day still smelling of the sun . . .

“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” 
~F Scott Fitzgerald

Welcome Summer!  What took you so long!  Please don't be in a hurry to leave!


 photo copyrightMistressMary_zpsd6902171.jpg

This was what I did yesterday afternoon.  I spent so much time on it we ended up having egg and chips for our tea!  Not that Todd minded.  He's an egg and chips kind of a guy . . .

  photo SAM_5528_zps45b626f7.jpg 

Baking in The English Kitchen today . . . Walnut Slices . . . we the missionairies coming over to help Todd in the garden.  I thought they might like a treat.  These are so dangerously good you want to be able to share them, just so you don't scarf them all down by yourself! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   

Have a wonderful Saturday!  No matter what you get up to today, I hope it makes your heart sing and your mouth smile!


9 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful day Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every little flower on her dress is perfection..have no idea how you do it..but you do..too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Monique! You flatter me! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am saying a big WELOME to Summer today! I have a watermelon in the fridge to celebrate with. I do love that recipe for Walnut Squares and will be trying it out soon as we get a cool day to turn the oven on. Hope you have a super Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely, lovely post. I am so happy to see summer too! =) Those Walnut Slices look so yummy.
    Have a fabulous Saturday! Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like the perfect way to celebrate Pam! I hope you like the squares!

    Thanks Valerie! Many blessings and sunshine to you too!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVED this post. I've been neglecting my Small and Wonderful things, summer is a lot harder to blog during than I was expecting, but I need to bring it back. I wish I could write like you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just write from the heart April. You do too. I Love what you write. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!