Monday 2 June 2014

Small and Wonderful Things ...

  photo SMALLANDWONDERFULTHINGS_zps0c49db7e.jpg


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.

 photo SAM_5184_zps294b8652.jpg

The Clematis in our garden which are putting on a particularly spectacular show at the moment.   We have several varieties.   A pink one and then these purple double ones.  They're just gorgeous!  I wish I knew what they are called, but I don't.   I only know that they almost take my breath away!

 photo SAM_5179_zps912234c4.jpg

These are some of the wild flowers.  Don't ask me their names either, although I do recognize buttercups.  The others are a mystery.   That's the thing with wild flowers.   They are a mystery and they delight the whole summer through.  Wild flowers are exactly what they are . . . wild.  You cannot control them, or say what will turn up . . . you just simply wait and then delight in each new surprise that appears.  They're so good for the environment as well.   We've lost many wild flower meadows due to the overuse of pesticides, etc.   People are now encouraged to plant areas of their gardens with wild flowers.  They are good for butterflies and bees and of course for birds as well.  We have two large areas of wild flowers in our back garden and we love them.

Cornwall, England

England in all it's glory.   All green and lush, with abundant flowers which totally delight your soul.   I do not believe that there is any more beautiful place on earth than England on a sunny late Spring day.   Mind you, I would say that no matter where I was.   Sunny days are the best.  Grateful for the sunshine.  It's back to rain today.   Blah . . .  mind you, it is the rain which makes England so lush and green, so I suppose in a way I am grateful for that as well!!

Patience


'Patience is a willingness to watch the unfolding purposes of God with a sense of wonder and awe - rather than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance.' 
~Elder Neil A Maxwell

I love this quote from Elder Maxwell.   Patience is a beautiful thing.  We are such impatient creatures wanting everything now, now  . . .  now.  But we can have so much more if we will only wait and allow things to happen in the way that they are are supposed to.  We don't have to control everything ourselves.  Sometimes it's nice to just let be what will be.  There is magic in that letting go letting God thing . . . it's amazingly empowering.

 photo SDC10527.jpg

The tenacity of nature which gives us stone walls with beauty springing from out of the nooks and crannies.  What a beautiful gift in such a surprising place.  I love it!  Without the flowers . . .  it would be just a crack in the wall . . .  a groove between the stones.   We each have the ability to bloom where we are planted. Fear of failure stifles our creativity, our promise, our ability to grow beautiful in ugly spaces/circumstances.    Instead of being afraid and asking ourselves what if this happens or that happens . . .  we should be open to the possibility of turning the what if's into opportunities for growth and change.   Growth and change is not necessarily a bad thing.

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

══════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════
     ⊰✿░S░W░E░E░T░✿░B░L░E░S░S░I░N░G░S░⊰✿

Gratitude is one of the sweet short cuts
 to finding peace of mind and happiness inside. 
 No matter what is going on outside of us, 
 there's always something we could be grateful for.... 
~ Barry Neil Kaufman  

ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷღೋღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷღೋღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷღೋღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ

 photo SAM_4971_zps61415c2c.jpg

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . . Grilled Chicken, Bacon and Ranch Sandwiches.

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
  
Happy Monday.  Have a wonderful week!!  May it be filled with lots of small and wonderful things to delight and fill your spirit!



12 comments:

  1. What beautiful flowers you have. Wildflowers are delightful and that clematis is gorgeous! We too are expecting rain here today and we're pretty lush and green at the moment too. Spring is just amazing bringing forth something new outside every day. I hope your Monday is off to a great start !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too Suzan.

    Thank you Pam! I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You too Suzan.

    Thank you Pam! I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete


  4. Garden days are glory days:)

    Enjoy them all..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm attempting a wildflower meadow (in miniature!) The seeds are germinating, I will post a pic if they ever come into flower.The big purple clematis are usually jackmanii - I've never seen a double one, but it could be j.flore pleno.
    Bunny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monique, we have such miserable winters here in the UK. Rain, rain and rain! I know you do to, but at least snow is prettier! I am enjoying each day of sunshine and the flowers as much as I can!!

    I will look forward to seeing your wildflower meadow Bunny! I wish I had made a note of these clematis when we got them, but alas, I did not! Whatever they are they are gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers....what a pretty garden you have. I've never planted wild flowers . I should give it a try. I've not planted a thing this year...I've just been too sick and weak but I'm getting better so maybe it isn't too late.
    One of the things I am grateful for is having you for a friend. Hugs,
    Lura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lura, I am grateful for having you as a friend too!! ((((hugs)))) I am so glad that you are feeling better! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will always agree with you that England is the most beautiful place. I am probably prejudice. I also love the wildflowers, they just thrive. You don't have to baby them, they just are. Lovely post
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how you do it; but you always write the most beautiful thoughts.
    I loved the pictures and would so love to see England someday.
    I love wild flowers and I think maybe I will have my dear husband plant some this year.
    Thanks for the lovely thoughts and quotes.
    Blessings, love and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Janice! You are so right. They just are. We love the wild flowers. They're also always a surprise!

    LeAnn, you are too kind! I just write what I feel. I really hope that you are able to see England one day! I would so love to meet you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!