Friday 20 June 2014

Friday Finds . . .

  photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!   




How to cook, store and use beans.   From Super Healthy Kids.  This is something we have a lot of in our food storage.  We love beans.  Not only can you germinate and sprout beans to get some healthy vegetable matter  into your diet, but if you had to you could grow a whole new crop from just a few of them.   Pulses are also very good for you and are another form of protein.




















11 cool new uses for ice cube trays.  Found on the food network.  I don't know about you, but I don't use my ice cube trays for anything.  I like my ice in bags because I just think it doesn't take on any flavours from the fridge.  I have always used my ice cube trays however to freeze herb blocks in etc.   Then once they are frozen, I pop them out into a container and then back into the freezer, freeing my ice cube trays for something else!
























 Now this is a handy tip from the people at Clabber Girl! Todd gets annoyed sometimes because I have run out of something right in the middle of baking and he needs to run to the store for me . . . RIGHT NOW!  It's nice to know what you can replace one egg with!


















 Isn't this the cutest pot holder you have ever seen?  I know!  I love cherry anything!  This is a free pattern that you can find on Best Free Crochet!






















 Isn't this a really cute sock doll?   I know!  Sweet!  I found a complete tutorial on how to make this over on Craft.   It's so adorable!  (Simple to make too!)
























 7 Diy Projects that you can make using dried herbs!  There is everything from wall decor to wreaths.  I found this on DIY Ready.
























 From Better Homes and Gardens, 20 Savvy Ways to Stay Organized.  There are some really fabulous ideas there.  You can't beat BHG for being a great source of useful information for the home, garden and kitchen!























Help with Fridge Organization.  And oh boy do I need help with this.   We have this fridge that we bought at a scratch and dent place.  I was mesmerized by the water dispenser in the door.  Which never, ever worked right from the get go, but it was a scratch and dent buy so we had to live with it.  It takes up half of the door in a fridge that is already too small, but was the only one we could get to fit into the space it has to fit into.   I need help!  From Four Generations One Roof.
























 With fruit season coming up this may come in handy.  How to make Strawberry Jam from Stone Gable.  There is nothing tastier than homemade jams and jellies. I used to make bucket loads when I had all the kids in the house.   Lots of pickles too.   They loved my homemade dills!  I never ever made enough!  We always ran out.























And from that same site, homemade Laundry Soap.  That page is a virtual gold mine.  There's all sorts of fabulous ideas there, recipes too!























 A fab new use for those toilet paper/kitchen paper towel rolls!  With a bit of scrapbook papers and not a lot of work, you have cute little pillow box gift holders!  Ingenious!  From The Centsible Life!  People are just so amazing at what they come up with!  I love it!

Whew!  And that's about it for this week!  I hope you found something useful there! I know I sure did!

 photo copyrightbecauseofyou_zps879b9789.jpg

I wanted to share my latest art piece with you this morning.   Isn't she cute?   I did this one a bit different to what I usually do.  I made a background piece and then carefully cut her out and mounted her on top of it.  What do you think in all honesty?  I really want to know!

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
"There's nothing half so pleasant 
as coming home again.” 
~Margaret Elizabeth Sangster
✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿

  photo SAM_5417_zps8081aa77.jpg 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . .  a delicious Roast Chicken Salad with a Buttermilk Tarragon Dressing!  Fabulously healthy!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!  Hasn't the week just whizzed by?  It's crazy!



12 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! So lovely to catch up with you after our travels! :o) We go back a few days ago after a wonderful time with family and days out & about. So many fun things here today... and lots of back-reading to do too. ;o) Happy Weekend to you all there!((LOVE & HUGS)) P.S. LOVE you new illustration--I love the scrappy look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of freezing herbs in ice cubes. That way they'd be nice and fresh to use when needed. Your picture and the saying that goes with it is adorable. I'm thinking it would make a nice greeting card . Hope you have a fantastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Tracy! I can't wait to hear all about your trip! It sounds like you had a great time! I am so happy for you! xxoo

    Thanks Pam! Your opinion means a lot to me! I hope you have a great Friday as well!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Marie,

    As usual you have found some true treasures. As I am allergic to egg yolk I am anxious to try some of those suggestions. Off to read some of the sites you have posted about.

    Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her on the background!

    I have to start saving paper rolls again..i did and thought oh why?
    And got rid of them..i love this little idea!
    Could be personalized too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to mention the cutest pot holder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your latest drawing Marie. She is so cute especially the shoes. Love the quote you put on it also. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the technique you used gives her more depth. It seems more colorful too.

    I love the cherry potholder, but mine get so beaten up I don't know if I could stand ruining a pretty one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the great ideas. I use ice cube trays to freeze Italian Pesto in (or even scary eyeballs for Halloween made out of radishes...haa). So when I need a some, I just pop out as much or as little as I want to use. Love your newest art piece. Yes, love the background too! The bottom, where she is standing, looks like a fabric piece. Just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you will find the egg subs useful Suzan! Yay! Love you! xx

    Thanks Monique! I am enjoying using some of my scrap paper stash in these! I know about the paper rolls! It was another why didn't I think of that moment!! xx

    Thanks Brenda! You made me smile! xxoo

    Thanks Anna. She does seem a lot more colourful! My pot holders always get scorched and burnt too! The good thing about crocheting your own is if you ruin it, you can always make another! xx

    Thanks Valerie! I wanted it to look like fabric! Love your idea about the eyeballs for halloween! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the egg subs. Will pin for later! I am constantly running out of something one of them being eggs. =) Love that potholder, will have to put that on my "to crochet" list.
    Your artwork is stunning. You are so talented! =)
    Blessings, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think..and I am sure..I have.. said that card is the best yet...and then you come up with yet another and I again say Oh Marie I think this is the bestest yet !! and I do. I just love love it also the quote...I can see an order comming up
    hope you hav ehad a good day, It's been just lovely down here. Was even sitting out till about 1/2 hr ago..just come in as its getting quite dark and to think that tomorrow is our longest day !

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!