Friday 13 June 2014

Friday Finds

  photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy. I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!   

Repurposing an Old Spice Rack Into a Craft Paint Organizer

I love this make-over of the spice rack into a paint caddy!  I actually have one of those spice racks sitting in my shed!  I clearly need to dig it out and re-purpose it!  Found on The Palette Muse!

Printer in a drawer, genius.

Now this is a brilliant idea.   I Love the idea of hiding a printer in a drawer.  I have a huge printer however, so I would need one really BIG drawer!

Try this little trick to easily remove labels off of anything. Just stick them in the water with oxy clean and they float right up to the surface!  GREAT with thrift store finds!

How to remove labels from anything.  Found on Born Free.  No fuss, no muss.  Easy peasy!

Tape trick - stick a paper clip on the end, so you can always find it!

Now, this is an absolutely brilliant idea!  I am always losing the end of the tape and wasting it trying to get it loose.   Paper clip it!  Found on First for Women.

 How to Clean Oven Without Chemicals

I hate HATE cleaning my oven. Oven cleaner always smells to bad and it's hard to do a great job when you have your hands stuffed into rubber gloves.  I found a fab tutorial on how to do it without using any chemicals. No smells and no burns.  Found on Cook It Allergy Free.



Fabric Covered Stacking Boxes.  I love these.  They are so pretty.   I found a complete tutorial on Cozy Home Chronicles.  I have boxes of fabric waiting to be used.

fabric roses tutorial

Beautiful long stemmed fabric roses from Snowy Bliss.   There is a complete tutorial there.   Something else to do with that fabric stash!

Rock Fairy House

Just look at this adorable little fairy house painted on a rock!  I could not find a source, but if you are handy at all with your paint brush it would not be all that difficult to do.  I used to paint on rocks all the time.  The texture of the rock adds a special quality to the finished project I think.

comic book decoupage chair - great for any boy's room

A Comic Book Decoupaged Chair.  What a brilliant idea for a chair in a boys room or some such.  I live this idea.  Once again no source, but it would be very easy to do.   A bit fiddly perhaps with the rungs, etc., but so nice when done!  I would love an Archie and Veronica chair!  (Did you like that comic when you were a girl?)

DIY: Lace cake dome made by stiffening lace over a bowl

A DIY Crochet  Lace Cake Dome.  Found on Daily Fix.  I have some crochet cotton which needs using up.  But not until my thumb gets better.

Greengate+Bella+Alarm+Clock Taking Great iPhone Pictures In Natural Light

How to take great photos in natural light.  I need to do this!  There's a great tutorial on
 Heart Handmade UK.



A complete tutorial on how to make a unique outdoor planter using an old chandelier.  Brilliant.  Found on While They Snooze.  It doesn't look that difficult to do.  The hard part for me would be finding the chandelier!

And that's it for this week.  I hope you found something useful amongst all of these ideas!  I sure love discovering new things to try myself and I love to share them with you.

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

✻ღϠ₡ღ✻ (¯`✻´¯)
                   `*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
To experience true personal power remember this: 
a random act of kindness SPREADS like a wildfire
 because all of us respond to LOVE.  
~Blake Foste   r✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..  

 

There's some tasty Garlic Sirloin Burgers in the kitchen today along with a delicious salad!  

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
Please have a wonderful Friday. It's gorgeously sunny here again today.  Yesterday it was a balmy 29 degrees in the back yard!  Hooray for summer!  I'm going to try to get into the Doctors today to see about my thumb.  Two weeks have passed and no improvement at all.  Wish me luck!


5 comments:

  1. I hope your thumb is much better soon. That would hamper your activities. Glad you are seeing the doctor about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sent the label link to my beer brewing son in law..and I love that chair! I may try and make one:) For Oli's bday..need comics!

    Have a good weekend Marie..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pam, Suzan and Monique! Monique, used to be easy to get comics in the old days as the old Star Weekly had a nice big set of funny papers each week! I bet Oli would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love those fabric roses and the fairy house rock. =) Such cute finds! Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!