Friday 6 June 2014

Friday Finds

 photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg
A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy. I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too! 

Ice Cream Balloons.. this would be cute for a kids Candy Land themed birthday party.

No source for this or instructions, but they are ice cream balloons!  Such a simple and easy idea and they would be great for parties!

DIY paper cup crown

I am loving this simple do it yourself paper cup crown.  There is a complete picture tutorial on Estefi Machado!  It's in Spanish, but with the photographs you won't need to worry about that anyways.  I think it's brilliant!

How to root hydrange Flowers

How to root hydrangeas.  From Gorgeous Flowers Garden & Love.  I never knew it was so simple.  I am going to definitely try this out as we have some beautiful hydrangea out front and I would love more!



Have you always wanted to know how to fold your sheets like this?  So that you can store them easier and all together in the linen cupboard?   I found a complete pictorial tutorial on The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking!  It's just brilliant.  In fact that blog is brilliant.   I love the internet!  You can find out how to do just about anything on it!  FAB-U-LOUS!  

I like the separate bins for potatoes and onions, the tall narrow containers for flour, etc., and having it all under the counter. It's so organized!

I love the organization of this unit.   From Not Just a Housewife.   I need organization on this level.  Everything is just sort of shoved into what I call a baking cupboard.   When I need something I have to practically empty the whole cupboard to get to it.  It drives me up the wall and is so frustrating.  I need help!

 

From Nest of Posies, a tutorial on how to make a little play house for the kids from an old appliance box!  This is so much fun!  I would have love, LOVED one of these when I was a child!  You can get the kids to do all the painting, etc.   It would keep them busy and they would get a lot of mileage out of this, plus the cost is negligible!

cherries cream journaling elements preview Free Printable Download   Cherries and Cream Journaling Elements

A free Printable for Journals.   I love these colours.  I found this on Vintage Glam Studio.  There are a lot of fabulous ideas and printables, etc. on that page.   People are just so very clever!

 Sunbonnet girl

I love this Sunbonnet Sue Needle Keeper.  You can find the pattern on House Wren Studio.  It would not be at all difficult to make if you are handy with a needle and thread, and I am thinking if you want to make this at all, you would be a needle and thread kind of person!



Make your own cookie mixes!  Just like the ones you can buy, except you make them yourself at home.  I found this on Fake It Frugal.   She has a ton of ideas on there for things you can make.  All kinds of mixes, etc.   It's just brilliant!  You pay a mint for these sorts of things in the shops.

And that's it for this week.  I hope you found something useful amongst all of this!

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

"There's nothing half so pleasant 
as coming home again.”
 ~Margaret Elizabeth Sangster

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 

 photo SAM_5223_zps490b3000.jpg 

In The English Kitchen today . . . delicious low fat Strawberry Milkshakes!  So easy and quick to make and barely an ounce of fat in them, and NO sugar!  Just honey.   Bliss!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════        

Have a fabulous Friday!  This week sure has whizzed by!


8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day Marie. Thank you for all these links to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Suzan. You enjoy your day as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked with envy at those neatly folded sheets. I can never get mine folded to look like that. I do put top and bottom sheets as well as one pillow case inside the other pillow case of the set, keeping them altogether. It looks like we have a beautiful day coming our way...The sun is now above the trees and houses in the neighborhood and the sky is blue. Hope you have a fantastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sheets are mayhem..
    And always will be..LOL..
    Cute finds Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sheets all fit in a drawer beneath the bed Pam and Monique. I am thinking I could get more in if I folded them this way! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie I just love all your links you do for us. I always find at least one of them that is so helpful. Thanks for helping us with the sweet delights. Fake it Frugal is a wonderful site. Have a super wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Brenda! I am glad to know that you find them helpful! I love the Fake it Frugal site too!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!