Tuesday 24 June 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book . . .

  photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

FOR TODAY, June 24th, 2014

Outside my window ...
It's quite overcast.  We've had some lovely sunny weather, but I think we are in for a change.

I am thinking ...
✻ღϠ₡ღ✻(¯`✻´¯) 
          ✻ღϠ`*.¸.*₡ღ¸.✻
“Some blessings come soon, some come late, 
and some don't come until heaven; 
but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, 
they come.”
~Jeffrey R Holland

We are such impatient creatures.   We want everything right now, instead of waiting on God's timing.  This is a beautiful promise made here by an Apostle of the Lord, and it gives me hope.

I am thankful ...
Yesterday as we were driving home from the grocery store, Todd made the statement to me that having the missionaries in our home was like having a tiny bit of the Temple in our home.   I am so thankful for a husband who is spiritually minded, and on the same page as myself.  He is a joy and a blessing to me.

In the kitchen ...
I'm cooking with shallots today,  there is

 photo SAM_5333_zpseda93acb.jpg

A delicious Tarragon Potato Salad

 photo SAM_5434_zps1fa9658d.jpg

Pork Chops with a Mushroom and Shallot Sauce, and a few other tasty little bits as well!

On my "To Cook" list ...



















Soft and chewy Coconut Macadamia Bars from Bunny's Warm Oven!  These look absolutely gorgeous!  Thank you Bunny!

I am Creating ...  
 photo 664a8ccf111423645c24d01250a3be83_zps3761ec20.jpg
Some really cute printables from Free Pretty Things For You.  I love that page!  It is just loaded with cute stuff and it's all free!

 photo 86b969a29c5bf4cbb10c52a063d23619_zpsd1a49b6e.jpg

With a few drawer knobs and some paint you have some lovely vintage looking jars.  From the Deco Art Blog.

 photo e3d22fec8bb68f26ec841ef681dad1c1_zpsbc0f412e.jpg

Make your own Pouff from Sew a Fine Seam.    If you like to sew, this page is a great resource!

I am going ...
Come hell or high water, today I am going to get in to see a Doctor about my thumb.  It's been going on for over a month now and seems to be getting worse instead of better.  I am also going to pick up my prescription at the chemist.   They instituted a new system here  several months back where you don't have to pick up the prescription at the Doctors anymore.  They electronically send it to the Chemist and you pick it up there.  It is supposed to  faster, but it now takes twice as long.  I put my prescription in last Thursday and here is is Tuesday and I still have not gotten it.  It's just not on!

I am wonding ...
I am wondering if we will have the opportunity to go anywhere at all this summer, even only for a day out.  I sure hope we can manage it!

I am reading ...

 photo fall-on-your-knees_zpsdbc63bc9.jpg

Fall On Your Knees, by Anne-Marie MacDonald

Fall on Your Knees is a novel by Canadian playwright, actor and novelist Ann-Marie MacDonald. The novel takes place in late 19th and early 20th centuries and chronicles four generations of the complex Piper Family.  I have only just started this but am already totally enthralled with this book.   First of all it takes place in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, which is compelling in it's own right.  Spent most of my growing up years in Nova Scotia, and have never been to Cape Breton, not once.   Secondly the characters are rich and thirdly the story is fabulous!

I am hoping ...
Hoping that my thumb gets sorted more sooner than later!  I know, it sounds like a silly thing, but it's very debilitating.  I wanted to cut my finger nails the other night.  I could cut the ones on my left hand, but could not manage with my left hand to cut my right.  I cannot open bottles or jars.  I can't push buttons, etc.   You just don't realize how important your thumb is, until you have lost the use of it!

Makes me Smile ...
 photo 10361976_10100405710111429_546501120132052626_n_zps7add946e.jpg

Look who got his own pool!  Yeppers, it's Baxter!  What a cutie pie.  My DIL put a video on Facebook of him playing in it.  He was really enjoying it.  I said to Todd, we need to get a wading pool for Mitzie!  It might help to cool her off on these hot days.

I am learning ...
We just learned that by the simple use of an HDML cable we can watch things from off the computer on our television.  DUH!  Why has it taken us so long???   I knew it could be done, but I never realized how very simple it was.

Around the house ...

 photo cb0e11532a0bd3cb837a350a1b7e6949_zpsab3022d4.jpg

I love this cosy little corner from the Norweigan blog Roser Og Patina.   It's such a simple spot, but very inviting. Something like this set up would make a great writing corner, or even study area in the room we are getting ready for the student.

 photo 4db1f09ca4e9e00463470cf9ef14293b_zps79a51da6.jpg

From BHG, How to Update your Kitchen on a Budget!  I need help with this.  I love the fresh colours of this room here.   Loving the orange chairs as well!

 photo 1e96a4b3165bcfec30dd5724388dda18_zpse0f6d8eb.jpg

The top ten bright ideas for the home, from Tidy Mom.  There's some fabulous ideas and tips for brightening up your home on that page, plus a wealth of other things!

I am pondering ...
Will it or will it not rain today.  We shall see.  Only God knows for sure at this point!

A favourite quote for the day ...
 photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~  


“Mediocrity will never do. You are capable of something better.” 
~Gordon B Hinckley  

One of my Favourite Things ...

 photo f163265dea2050c58be2f47911b0cd06_zpsa2eb35b3.jpg

I love vintage anything, but I particularly love 1950's vintage stuff.   There is something about it that just makes my heart smile.  If I was a thin woman, I would dress like they did in the 1950's etc.  I know . . .  I am a bit of a looney tunes.   

A peek into my day ...

  

I play with my Doll's House every day.  I just don't write about it anymore . . . there is a little girl in me that will never grow up.  I don't think that is a bad thing actually.

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════



17 comments:

  1. Marie your doll house comment made me smile. Yesterday I was in a part of Brisbane that used to have the most fantastic shop filled with tiny treasures. Please note i said used to be.

    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are a couple of like minded individuals Suzan! I love that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely food--YUM! Post-travels and still getting back in the swing of things here--cooking too. ;o) Those sewn pouffs are sweet! Hope all goes well with your thumb, Marie, and that you will get to see a doctor today about it! What a fuss with collecting your prescriptions. We have it electronic here too, but have never had any problems or long wait--thankfully. Sooo SWEET Baxter and his pool! Yes, Mitzie would love one of those. And you could dip your toes in it too. ;o) Happy Week, my friend ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tracy! I love your new profile photo! How very pretty! I would love to dip my toes in it too for sure! The pool that is, not your hair! LOL I just read that back and it sounded so funny! Love you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read that book quite a long time ago..I liked it too!
    Cute finds Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Monique! I hope you're having a great day! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie, I'm curious why you stopped writing about your dollhouse? It's adorable, and I will be returning to read through your posts. I have one my husband built for me that you might enjoy seeing; Cathy at Morning Musings shared pictures of it a while back on her blog: http://cathy-morningmusings.blogspot.com/2014/01/life-in-miniature-more.html#more. Hoping your thumb improves and that you will make it a priority to get out for a day trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must say that to get in to see a doctor in my part of the US is extremely easy and the prescription process works just as easily and quickly. Now, paying for it all is a whole other story! :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Weird about the scrips thing. In the US, the doctor sends the scrip directly to the pharmacy while you are talking to him/her, and it's almost always ready by the time I get to the drugstore after. Speedy.

    I used to have a friend with a dollhouse. She was much older, in her 70's I think. She decorated that dollhouse for the holidays, all of them. She made furniture and fixtures from sticks and bottle caps and whatever else she could come up with. Very creative woman. She was actually the mother of my neighbor. We used to go to her house for 'coffee mornings', just the three of us, and she had lots of old china teacup/saucer sets she served it in. Fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mouth is literally watering looking at the food you prepared for today's post! So good! I love that Todd feels like when the missionaries are at your home. We sure know what he means too. Something that is funny to me is that Kyle was just telling me last week how you showed him your doll house and mentioned that you needed a certain piece for it. Are you a Tasha Tudor (artist and writer) fan? She had a doll house that is still on display in Vermont in the US. She is one that is so inspirational to me. As are you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharon, I had a quick peek and will go back again a bit later on today to have a lengthy peruse. It looks adorable. You are lucky to have such a handy husband!

    Excentric, I am still waiting on that prescription. It will have been a week tomorrow since I put it in for renewal. Thankfully I do not have to pay for them.

    Thanks Valerie! Isn't it spooky that Kyle was just talking about my doll house last week and then yesterday I posted about it! Or maybe not. Our minds seem so well aligned! I know of Tasha Tudor, but not a lot. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Vermont! If I could live anyplace on earth it would be in Vermont! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marie, I asked Kyle tonight...he said you wanted a TV in the doll house. Haa...not sure if you were kidding with him or not. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha, I remember that and yes, I meant it! I remember thinking at the time that Nora needed a telly in her little house, so she could watch Coronation Street you know. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, again, Marie ... well, I've just finished reading the Doll's House posts, and must say they are fun and inventive. They leave me 'hanging,' wondering what's been happening in the interim! Did Boots adopt Norah and are they living 'happily ever after?' Inquiring minds want to know - lol ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sharon, I read through the post which featured your little log house and I was completely enthralled with what you and your husband accomplished! What a wonderful doll's house that is! Mine pales in comparison. It may be time for Nora to have a new adventure. She's gotten a bicycle since I last wrote. lol. Watch this space!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to hear more about the dollhouse too!! You are absolutely NOT a looney toon, I am of the opinion that not enough people hang on to that child inside. I WANT that little table in the corner! Those bars from Bunny look AWESOME, and I love vintage-y things too! I didn't really realize how much until I started putting my home together... and discovered antique stores... I'm so hooked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's an addiction April! I love seeing what you are doing with your new home. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!