Sunday 22 June 2014

Random Sunday . . .
























WE had a beautiful first day of summer yesterday.   The sun shone gloriously all the day through.  We had the missionaries over to help in the garden.   They worked really, really hard and I rewarded them with a lunch of sandwiches and cakes.   Then afterwards they treated us to a lovely spiritual message.

We have a new elder here at the moment who is from Russia.   He is the first missionary I have met who was from Russia.  He is a convert to the church of only about 3 1/2 years and has 8 months to go before his mission is finished.  He used to be a Baptist just like me.



















He shared a beautiful message with us using Origami.  He likened us to a piece of origami paper.  How we come into the world just as pristine as a fresh new piece of paper.  He talked about how we go through life and do good things and bad things, make wise and poor choices and the paper was quite crumpled by the time he was finished talking about that, but then he flattened it out again and began to talk about the Gospel giving each of us a chance to start over again, and whilst the paper might retain some of the crumpled bits, the Saviour can help us to refold it into something beautiful.   That was the gist of it anyways.  I thought it was pretty special.

 photo birthday008.jpg

It was four years ago this month that this little lady came into the world.   It is hard to believe now that she was ever this small and tiny.   She was only eight weeks old when she came to live with us . . .

 photo birthday010.jpg

She was ever so brave coming home with us.   Except for the occasional bout with gastro-enteritis, she has never ever given us anything else but joy.

 photo Scones006.jpg

She wove a magic spell around our hearts from the get go . . .  and has been weaving it ever since.

 photo SAM_5552_zps5ff723c5.jpg

Todd was watering the plants in the flower pots the other day and she was quite, quite taken with the stream of water from the end of the hose.   She was dancing along the patio trying to catch it with her mouth.  It was the first time I had ever seen her play with water.

 photo SAM_5560_zpsf72baa8d.jpg

It was so much fun watching her and she was quite wet by the end of it.  At least her ears and face were at any rate.  She sure is enjoying these warm and sunny days and she really enjoyed having the boys here yesterday!  She spent the whole time out there with them.  Their constant companion as they raked and mowed and gathered.  They really enjoyed her as well.    She was quite tired last night after all of it.  It was a happy kind of tired.

 photo SAM_4803_zpseea8b3f5.jpg

Something is eating the leaves on our plum tree.   We can't see anything on it, but there are holes appearing in the leaves.  It is a great mystery to us.  And the Raspberries are not really doing anything at all this year.  They must have on years and off years.   The strawberries are going great guns however and we've been picking them every day this week along with the black currants.  The gooseberries will soon be ready to pick as well.  We've also been picking logan berries and the blueberry bushes are loaded too!  Another few sunny warm days and we will be able to pick the first of that crop as well.  Summer's bounty!

 photo SAM_4792_zps108cb2ab.jpg

How did you spend the first day of summer?  It would have been the perfect day to go for a drive out into the countryside here, but you know petrol . . . we had a perfect and beautiful day here at home.  It's nice when that happens, and it happens a lot.   God is good.

 A thought to carry with you through today . . .

✻ღϠ₡ღ✻(¯`✻´¯) 
          ✻ღϠ`*.¸.*₡ღ¸.✻

The fact that I can plant a seed 
 and it becomes a flower, 
 share a bit of knowledge 
 and it becomes another's, 
smile at someone 
and receive a smile in return, 
are to me continual spiritual exercises. 
 ~Leo Buscagli  ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻✻ღϠ₡ღ✻    

 photo SAM_5606_zpsed2d8f98.jpg 

Baking in The English Kitchen today . . . an incredibly moist and delicious Blackberry, Cinnamon and Yogurt Loaf.    Scrummy yummy!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   

Have a beautifully blessed Sunday my dear friends!

 

16 comments:

  1. LOvely words this beautiful monring Marie. I am so pleased that you had such a loevly day yesterday with your missionaries..
    I ha dmy usual Saturday visit to my sister Margaret then Mary and I met up with Beth and Max (my niece and husband) for lunch which was just great...Afterwards we came straight home and spent the rest of the day just enjoying being alive in this wonderful weather...
    Looks like today is ging to be another warm one. Masy is already lying bythe doorway in the sun...I have church then lunch out with Peter who will be back from his visit to Plymouth to see his Dad ( dont think I told you his Dad has cancer prayers would be appreciated Marie, he is 91 and has now gone frm hospital into a nursing home)
    Hope you enjoy today love winging it's way north xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Marie and friends,

    I am sure you would count our winter as summer. We have had a few cold nights and that is it. This morning it was very foggy and as is the rule here the day that followed was sunny and warm. Last night we had a very heavy storm and it was so humid today.

    I finally got to church this morning. I missed going regularly as dad has declined. It was good to back. Then I came home and did some small chores. I really want to make my Sundays chore free but life dictates washing was necessary. We went to see dad. He was not well settled today.

    I loved the story your missionary shared with you. It is true and a clever presentation.

    Love and God bless.

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shot hole disease and bacterial spot can cause holes. The web will give you some other ideas as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a beautiful first day of Summer here too. I spent some time out on the porch and enjoyed the wonderful weather. We have had a very rainy week here and it was a joy to see a sunny dry day. Your pictures today are so cute with your dog and all the flowers. Hope you find out what is eating away at your bush. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sybil, I will certainly put Peter's father in my prayers! Sounds like you, Mary and Masy are enjoying the lovely weather as well. That's great. It's supposed to change tomorrow or so they say! Just in time for Wimbledon! xxoo

    Suzan, I would not like to have your summers, but could probably handle your winters! Expect your dad will have good and bad days. I am glad that you will be able to get out to church more regularly now! Sometimes it can be very difficult to keep Sunday's chore free! xxoo

    I will have to look that up Judi! Thanks so much! xxoo

    Pam so glad you are enjoying the summer so far as well. I do long to have a front porch that I can sit on! That would be bliss! Happy Sunday to you too! xxoo


    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a blue pot like me:)

    His geraniums are gorgeous..and that dear heart bookmark..is a good analogy..
    :)
    Bon Dimanche marie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We clearly both have great taste Monique! Bon Dimanche a tois !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie, I love when you talk about your fur-baby. We have three but one is truly my "soul mate". He is touching me 24/7 unless I am out of the house. Which I was last week as I got to spend 2 1/2 days with my daughter and her six little ones. I was SOOOO tired when I got home....anyway, since I am sure I am becoming senile I need to check again on you and Todd's feet length. I am remembering 9 1/2 and 11 1/2. Is that right? Your first sock is close to completion and the yarn for Todd has been ordered and is on it's way. I so enjoy sharing little bits of your life and recipes. Have a blessed week. Lynn Winders

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice to how many berry bushes and fruit trees. Spending your first day of summer in the garden with the missionaries to help out, is a good day. I really liked the object lesson too. The pictures of Mitzie are adorable! Sweet puppy. I want to kiss her! Love the Leo Buscaglia quote and it's so true. I have a couple of his older books. I have your berry bread recipe that you posted today in the oven as I type this. Smells sooo good! The batter was good too! Thanks~!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynn! Those sound about right! I cannot imagine having the energy to watch six wee ones now! Whew! I am not surprised you are exhausted! I think I would be flat out!

    Valerie, we planted the fruit trees and bushes when we first moved back here. We also had a huge vegetable garden, but it was a battle to the teeth with the slugs each year. The slugs finally won and we gave up I have always loved Leo Buscaglia's books etc. (Key in Twilight zone music here! lol) I have one of his called Freddy the Leaf which helps children to get a good perspective on death. I do so hope that you enjoy the bread! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty post with such nice pictures of your beautiful plants and your fur baby. It is hard to believe that she is 4 already. I well remember when you first got her. I love dogs. I miss our Heidi.

    Have a great week dear. I'm sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww thanks Lura, these little furry family members sure hold a large piece of our hearts. Love you! Wishing a great week for you too! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have a plum tree but I am having trouble with my squash....I only have a tiny garden on my deck but last year I got quite a few squash so I thought I'd try it again. I get baby squash and then they rot. We've had a lot of rain so I'm wondering if it's that. I'm very jealous of your sweet companion. I'd love to have a dog but until we decide we are through with mission traveling that isn't going to work. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  14. It probably is the rain Marlene! Rain really plays havoc with a garden! We'd love to go on a mission but can't because of the dog! It's a real conundrum either way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. MITZI!!! Love that little girl! I just know she and Bracken would be best friends if they could meet. She's such a doll :) Someday I hope to have as many berries and fruits and veggies as you, friend! I have to start small though :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bracken and April would have so much fun April! We didn't start overnight with the garden the way it is. It was one step at a time and adding a little bit each year. xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!