Friday 27 June 2014

Friday Finds . . .



  photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!  





































Okay, now this is absolutely flippin' brilliant!  I don't know who thought of this, but I want to shake their hand.   What a fabulous idea!  You quite simply seal a plastic bag with the top of a water bottle or any plastic bottle and the lid.  You could do this for anything you have opened and want to store!  I am so excited about this!  Can you tell??




 

















 I found this on All Things Homie.  It's a brilliant way of making an ugly wall monitor into something not quite so ugly.   Frame it!























Twinkle lights in Mason Jars.  How very lovely!  Such a simple idea too.  Found on All Things Heart and Home.  People are just so darned inventive don't you think???   I am amazed at the ideas I find that are so simple and yet I didn't think of them first!  Clearly I am not as inventive as I think I am!




 

















 Did you know you can print on paper bags????   I didn't either!  But apparently you can, and I found a tutorial on how to do that here, on Oh Happy Day.  The implications are fabulous!  Party bags, lunch bags, etc. etc.  Valentines Day Treats.  Halloween Treats.   Christmas Treats.   There is no end to what you can do with this idea!





 















 Isn't this pretty?   Do you know what they are made from???  The bottoms from soda bottles!  I know!  It's so amazing!  Eco friendly Blossoms by Michelle Brand found on iDiY.  Fishing line would be the perfect thing to string these together on I think.  I think they are just gorgeous.























A Birthday Calendar Rolodex.  Brilliant.  You can buy one ready made from Scrap and Stamp with Mary, or you could quite simply make your own, depending on how handy you are!  I need one of these.  I have so many Birthdays in my family it's hard to keep them straight!  I think you can pick up a rolodex thingie at Staples.   I have lots of extra papers etc.   I think I am going to do this!























 A complete tutorial (plus many others) on how to make paper feathers!  I found this on Todolwen, Old to New.   She has used pages from old hymnals for this.   It looks very easy to do and you could use them for all sorts of decor.


















 Do you know what this is?  It's approximately 97 grocery bags.   They've all been folded in a way which means that they take up far less room.   Instead of having huge piles of them, shoved here and there, you can fold them into these little triangles and then store them neatly.  I found this on Pinterest, but it led me to Polka Dot Pineapple.  I am all about saving space where and when I can!








 





Something for the kiddles to help you with.  A Garden Rock Caterpillar!  I found this tutorial on Nellie Bellie.  Isn't it cute?   This would keep the kids occupied for hours and would be a lovely addition to the garden I think!   I'm not a kid but I just might do this myself!  I love it!

And that is it for this week.  I hope that you were able to find something here that you might like to do!

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; Remember
that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for."
~Epicurus, Greek Philospher
 ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿  

 photo SAM_5634_zps73e6329e.jpg 

You have two salads today in The English Kitchen . . .  this delicious Bacon and Tomato Pasta Salad and . . . A Balsamic Roasted Potato and Red Onion Salad.  (With Bacon curls!)

 photo SAM_5590_zps141624a1.jpg 


 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!  Hasn't the week just whizzed by?  It's crazy!  I am going for an x-ray on my thumb today at five pm.  (I know . . .  weird time!)  One step closer to having it sorted.  I was in so much agony with it yesterday.  It kept locking on me.  You know what it feels like when you get a charlie horse in your toes?   It's like that only it's my thumb and it locks.  It's not very nice and it makes it difficult and excruciating to do all sorts of things, including pulling my pants up and down!!!  (Did I just tell you that??  I think I did!  Oops!)  

  

11 comments:

  1. You always have the BEST finds, Marie! So fun to be here on Friday! I LOVE the Mason jar lights. Those paper feather a nice crafty idea. Thank you for the wonderful salads too.. YUM! Hope all goes well for you today... and that soon there's a solution to your thumb pain! Happy weekend to all of you there :o) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy! I hope we can find a solution for my thumb too! It's becoming quite debilitating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the hot weather I prefer salads. And both these sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely going to try that bottle top way of sealing up bags. What a creative idea. And I love the painted rocks too. How clever is that and sure to bring a smile or two. Hope the mystery of your painful thumb is soon solved. Ouch! That has to be a misery for sure. Hope your Friday is a fantastic one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Linda, I like salads in the warmer weather also!

    I know Pam, as soon as I saw it I thought how very brilliant it was and that I had to share it with my friends! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just football-folded all of my plastic bags (I use them in small garbage cans). They now take up about 1/5th of the space they did before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope and pray that thumb gets sorted out. No fun for a chef/crafter at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie, you amaze me with all of your finds. I like the hymnal feathers, and the Rolex reminders; I really need that one. The garden rocks looked like a great idea. I really loved all of these finds.
    Blessings for doing the work to find them. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy you could use that idea Laura! I am going to do mine today. I have a ton of them!

    Thank you Monique! You are so kind!

    Anna, it is quite debilitating. I hope they sort it soon as well. I was doing a new painting yesterday and I had a heck of a time with parts of it because of my thumb! Thanks for your prayers!

    Thanks LeAnn! I love to find new things and fresh ideas and I hope that my readers do too! I am always inspired by what I find! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. our ideas are heaven sent at times Marie...love the hymnal feather idea...can'tquite fathom out the bottle top one...(think I am a bit thick not working that one out) I do though also roll up the bags tightly and them tie into a light knot they take hardly any room that way as well...
    Anyway do hope that the next 10 days go fast so that we can find out what is happening to your thumb.. Hope that today has been a nice one for you. Been so so down here the occasional heavy thunder storm that thankfully dosn't last long...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!