Monday 26 January 2015

Small and wonderful things . . .

  photo smallandwonderfulthings_zps3028a6aa.jpg

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard  

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best.  


 photo SAM_7134_zpsc52ff3ca.jpg

Do you remember last summer when the Sister Missionaries came over to help in the garden.   Sister Wagner was so thrilled with our baby frogs.   I took this really cute photograph of her trying to kiss one of them.  She was a fabulous Missionary and was here on her mission until just before Christmas this year when she went home at the end of her Mission  . . .

Well guess what?

 photo frog prince_zps1qiklffi.jpg

That frog did turn into a Prince!!  Congratulations to Morgan and Shaun on their engagement.   I want Shaun to know he is getting a real princess there, a wonderful girl . . .  I am sure, however, that he already knows that.  ☺

 photo ecd2dcc6e94288af04a9c60b488693b3_zpsoxkcbqsv.jpg

Serving a mission may not be a small thing, but it is a pretty wonderful thing.  Most missionaries, with a few exceptions, will tell you that serving on their mission was the best two years of their lives.  It is a time which prepares them spiritually for the rest of their lives.  A wonderful time of growth and service.  I have a great admiration for these young people.  If I was the right age I would totally go on a mission, even though I am kind of shy.   I have always enjoyed it very much when I go out with the Missionaries.  It takes so much courage to talk to people on the street.  It really does.  Most people don't want to know.  Some people are downright rude, but to find  that one . . .  that one who is sincerely interested and seeking, it's amazing.  

I know that, as a convert to the church, I am immensely grateful for these young people and the work that they do.  Sometime if you are interested I will share my conversion story with you.   But only if you really want to hear/read it.

 photo shine_zpsss11j4sp.jpg

Todd and I are still waiting to hear abour our Mission.   I wish that we could go away and serve a Mission like most older Mission Couples, but if we had to do that we wouldn't be able to serve at all.  I am grateful to be able to serve at all and am very much looking forward to being able to serve from our home.  I know we will be blessed for doing so, but what I hope most of all is that others will be blessed by our doing so.

 photo 06668614771f7e1f9546be9ae1651d60_zpsnis8vwjd.jpg

I know this to be true.   There are often times we pray for things and we want to receive answers right away.  We think because we haven't, that we aren't going to.  But I can testify that our sincerest prayers are always answered.   We may not always like the answers we get.   We may not expect the answers to come in the way that they do . . .  but we always get answers.   The hard part is waiting for the answers and not giving up hope . . . . and learning to expect the unexpected.  Sometimes we may pray  not really believing that we will get answers.  Sometimes it may think that we are praying for the unanswerable, or the miraculous.   I can tell you that FAITH always precedes a miracle.  And that seed of faith need not be large, if it is pure.

 photo mark-9_24_girl_rain_zpsqsv9qsef.jpg

Mark 9:24   Sometimes the belief itself is the miracle.

 photo 7fa4d012dc8ea6527d8b0b0cd05bf6d0_zpsosc3crok.jpg

I had a wonderful nights sleep last night.  I was so tired when I went to bed that I fell asleep right away and slept right through until this morning.   I am really thankful for that!!  I truly slept the sleep of angels.

 photo ArtCourse10001.jpg

I came across these sketches that I did when we were living down in Brenchley and I was awestruck by them.   I don't think when I did them that I thought they were any good.  But now in retrospect I see the value in them.  I've been reading a book called The Untethered Soul by Michael A Singer.   Sometimes I think we have a lack of faith in ourselves and our abilities and it is this which hampers our success and our progress.   We need to learn how to let that voice go,  That voice is not who we really are. 

And with that I will leave you with a thought for the day . . .

❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
“This life is yours. 
Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. 
Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. 
Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature. 
Take the power to control your own life.
No one else can do it for you. 
Take the power to make your life happy.” 
~ Susan Polis Schutz
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥

 photo Pasta_with_Scallops_zpsrtir04mx.jpg

There are two Italian Dishes in the Kitchen today  . . .  This Pasta with Scallops and Rocket, and a Smoked Garlic and Butternut Squash Risotto.


Happy Monday!  I hope it gets your week off to a very good start!  Don't forget.

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


9 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie,

    It is Australia Day and I am having a mother quiet one.

    But this is why I love my land. Some of it you have to view tongue in cheek.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMdbVHPmCW0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Suzan. I will be sure to watch it. I am curious now. Does this mean your mother is out? I am glad that you are having a quiet day. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is supposed to read another....But on Wednesday afternoon mum is going to hospital for a few days. She is to have an internal hotter device inserted. Hopefully we will be able to get to the bottom of what is causing her faints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, that takes on a completely different context! haha I hope you are able to find out what is at the root of her problem. I did watch the video. It was really cute!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a beautiful day..Those sketches are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Monique! From you that is a great compliment! ☺ xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so pleased that you ahd a good nights sleep..makes such a difference...You know what Marie, that verse from Mark 9 24 is one that I have on the first page of my diary.I often quote it to myself...
    This has been a good day Monday's usually are as Pam my friend comes visiting. I will be seeing her again tomorrow as she and another friend from church are taking Mary and me out for a late birthday lunch for me....This birthday seems to have gone an awful long time LOL...
    Hope that you have had a good day. I am still so tired so hope to have an early night tonight..
    God Bless xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sweet picture of that adorable missionary kissing the frog an now she has her prince. I do believe that missions prepare you for life in so many way.
    I am so thrilled that you are going to do a mission.
    We might do a mission at home too; depending on my husbands health. We would love to go away but we will see.
    I would really love to read your conversion story.
    This was a lovely post and i enjoyed it all and there were great picture quotes too.
    I am glad you got a good night's sleep
    Sending love and hugs your way and blessings for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sybil, I am so happy you had a lovely day with Pam yesterday and will have another lovely day today! I love it when Birthday Celebrations stretch over a couple of weeks. You are certainly worth it my dear friend! Hope you slept well last night. xxoo

    THanks LeAnn! She was a lovely girl and was here for a long time, about six months, which is a long time for a missionary. I hope that you and Roger to get to do a mission, even if only at home. So glad that Roger is home now. Love and blessings to you too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!