Friday 9 January 2015

Friday Finds


  photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

 A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too! 


 photo 54d41015666ff3190f06fe376b4da715_zps57fadde3.jpg

I am not really this way inclined.  These days I am happy to be able to walk anywhere.  But for those of you who are thinking about taking up running as a hobby, I found this article on Thirty Handmade Days.  I know January is the time most people decide to take up a fitness regime!

 photo 62e414a1bb7e22ac9f02420d6252385d_zpsbe49f0a1.jpg

 This is also the time of year that people start coming down with colds and stuff and I found this fabulous infographic on home remedies.  Some of these old things are great.  If you clock on Grandpa's Compounding it will take you to a larger infographic that you can read more easily.

 photo 94e4b9216e56b6c8b3ebf065de512b7a_zps945a0ef1.jpg

I don't know about you, but I can always use help with this.  There is some great advice there.   Coupons are not all that common over here so if I can find other ways to cut costs I am all for it.  Found on Pint Sized Treasures.

 photo b29a3c9541fbacfafa70265f349f6fc0_zpsa8e7e05d.jpg

How to get rid of mold from The Space Between.   I have not tried this but I am going to.   We have a problem with mold in our bathroom, especially in the Winter.  I think it is because our bathroom is always so cold in the Winter.  We keep an extra bottled gas heater in there because it is unbearable to take showers without it.  We cannot afford to keep the heating on all the time and in all truth the radiator in the bathroom kicks out little to no heat anyways.  The end result is black mold, on the windows, the tiles, etc.   It drives me to distraction!

 photo How-to-Peel-an-Egg-With-a-Spoon-Easier-faster-less-mess-The-only-way-you-will-peel-your-egg-ever-again-682x1024_zps9b279300.jpg

If you are like me this is always a problem, or at least most of the time it is.   This really works.   From Made From Pinterest.   An interesting site.  Three sisters who create things from Pinterest and then share their results of what actually works.   Genius!

 photo 151ddc411a7b1dbda7187f3e0167ae23_zpsc2b208a3.jpg

You know those boxes you can buy with all of the basic food colourings in them?   A chart which tells you how to make just about any colour of icing using that box.  From Anna & Blue.    The chart on her page is larger and readable.

 photo 2431c371e5e73df18146f27686e0e625_zpsa4d81550.jpg

How to boost your kitchen storage.  Indeed 25 Budget Friendly home improvement ideas from the people at BHG.  Who can't use help in this area.   I am all for open shelving in th ekitchen and can see where it helps you to be able to store more.  The only thing which prevents me from doing it is the fact that you have to keep them tidy 100% of the time and I live in Lilliput land.

 photo 9992b8c13bcb305a77d8b9606cb74a17_zps5626b568.jpg

DIY Kitchen Window Treatments.   Again from the people at BHG.  

 photo 6cd31f59281fa3480d6be3848fa60f5d_zpsf33258a3.jpg

Sorry, yet another BHG . . .  these cute handmade  Valentine Cards.  Yep Valentines is just around the corner, just a little more than a month away.   If you like to do things from scratch, now is the time to start.   There are a lot of good ideas here.

 photo 96033c1d3e0385d27ef5b3636f19a50f_zpsf37643dd.jpg

This Magnetic Chalkboard Calendar is really cute.   Found on The Country Chic Cottage.  Complete tutorial.   Simple to do too.  

And that's it for this week.  I hope something tweaked with you and that you found something useful or a new place to visit!

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .

 ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
The Secret of getting ahead . . .
is getting started.
~Agatha Christie
 ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥ 

  photo SAM_8830_zps07349bd2.jpg 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . . a delicious Potato and Leek Soup.  Seriously tasty.

 Have a wonderful weekend!   Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day and your weekend too Marie. I am having a quiet day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quiet days are good days Suzan. ((((hugs)))) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. As alwasy love love love your tips and ideas...Thank you for finding them xx You were saying that you woudn't know if I was ill etc. but if ever there was a real calamity I have asked Beth to let various people know and have a book with e adds and instructions for her to contact....or you can always phone as I would do to you if you were missing a wee while xxx
    I am up and about feeling almost 95% better this morning just need to find some ooomph !!
    Enjoy the day and take care not to be blown away...It is fairly quiet down here at the moment..for shich I am grateful as Lyn is very afraid of the wind. Her house is first in our wee row and takes the full blast of any gale...I am sure sh ethinks she will be swept away although I'v assured her none of us have been ..... so far LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe weekend Marie, those strong winds are on their way! Sounds perfect for cosying up in front of the fire with Todd and Mitzie! Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so MANY lovely ideas here today, Marie! I'm off to see about the savings on food shopping. NO coupons at all here, so it can be hard to save on food, which is expensive. I miss coupons. :o( LOVE those Valentine card ideas. Your Potato & Leek soup is perfect for winter--LOVE those heart-shaped croutons!! :o) Happy weekend to all of you there from us here! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to know that Sybil. I don't believe I have your telephone number??? Happy you are feeling better, and hope that you continue to feel better and stronger with each day that passes. I hope that Todd has battened down the hatches well enough to withstand the wind! xxoo

    Kate, yes I am hoping we have prepared well enough for the winds! Inside is the only place to be! xoxo

    Thank you Tracy. It is very difficult to cut the budget on food. We are having to really trim our sails here! Happy weekend to you too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute stuff Marie..I use the bleach trick a lot ..especially outdoor stuff..
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Monique! I need to buy more bleach! I hope you have a lovely weekend too! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great ideas Marie. I always appreciate what you post. Thanks!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're welcome Valerie! Thank YOU" xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved all of these finds.I will be looking into them. I must boil some eggs to see how this one works.
    Blessings, hugs and thanks for these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always found that the older the egg is, the easier it is to peel LeAnn! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!