Friday 30 January 2015

Friday Finds . . .

 photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

 A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!


 photo 15-Minute-Puff-Pastry-5_zpstt3cojwk.jpg

Fifteen minute Puff Pastry!  Dessert For Two.  I have not tried this, but I am going to.   I'll let you know how I get on!

 photo 88171c70d6dd983637e4b323d796b3ac_zpsjuevtiup.jpg

This is from Etsy.  It's no longer an active piece, but what a fab idea.   It's a Mermaid Blanket.  If you are a sewer, I can't think it would be really difficult to replicate it.  What little girl wouldn't love being a Mermaid?

 photo garlic-confit-2.1-L-683x1024_zps0ramqiqn.jpg

Garlic Confit in a Jar.   You get all of this lovely garlic and when it's done . . .  garlic flavoured oil for cooking.   From Circa Happy.

 photo Homemade-Soft-Pretzels_zps7t1fuumt.jpg

Homemade Soft Pretzels from Recipe Boy.   Can you believe I have never had a soft pretzel?  Never!  I have always wanted to try one.  Now is my chance!  These look really easy to make!

 photo Chunky Popcorn Scarf Crochet Pattern 6_zpszoslclrh.jpg

I just love this chunky crochet Popcorn Scarf.   I think I am going to give this a go.  I've got lots of yarn left from my blanket.   From Hopeful Honey.   There are actually a LOT of crochet patterns on her page.   Brilliant!

 photo lanterns_zpslwtog5zr.jpg

Craft By Photo DIY Tin Can Lanterns.   These would be great in the summer for out in the garden.   A lot cheaper than buying fancy garden lanterns too!  Now's the time to be saving those tin cans!

 photo 4a959c26d70fb162be6f1a07119ddccb_zpsmflqqdt1.jpg

Printable Old School Wall Charts.  I love these!  They would come in handy for all sorts!  From  Knick of Time.

 photo WoodDolls2_zpsltykd8ju.jpg

All you need for this cute little craft is some wooden peg dolls and sharpie pens.   Adorable!  From The Red Thread.

 photo 046d54aa45015f1085b820bf7883c74b_zps2mk4rpke.jpg

Felt Paper Dolls from The Prudent Homemaker.   Such a nice idea.  Perfect for little hands that are not as tender as they should be and that might rip real paper dolls.   Great way to use up some fabric scraps also.

 photo DSCN6114-JPG_zpseluasr1i.jpg

Free Printable Love Coupon Book for Valentines Day.   From I Heart Naptime. The perfect Valentine's Day gift for that person who is difficult to buy for.  It's a really cute idea.

 photo free-printable-valentine-treat-toppers_zpsg8ioayh7.jpg

And as a bonus, free printable treat toppers for Valentines day.   I think they would be great to put together treats for your Sunday School Class, Grandkiddos, etc.   From Makoodle.

And that is it for this week.  I sure hope that you found something of interest here.

 photo DSCN0236_zpsgf3y9xvg.jpg

We had a little bit of snow here yesterday.  I tried to take some photos of it, but I need to figure out how to adjust the shutter speed on my camera.   Mitzie enjoyed being out in it.

 photo DSCN0240_zps8ctbbpdf.jpg

It snowed quite a bit in a short period of time, but none of it stuck, thank goodness.  They really got lambasted with it in other areas.  I saw something on the computer about a Thunder Snow Storm.  Apparently it is like a Thunder and Lightening storm with all of the thunder and lightening, but no rain . . .  snow instead.   We did not get that here.

I have pulled a muscle somehow in my back/side/front.  It's quite painful so  I didn't sleep well last night. I hope it doesn't take too long to go off.

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

 ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥

Not all those who wander . . .  are lost.
~J R Tolkien

❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥ 


 photo DSCN0255_zpsbcvhwhn7.jpg 

Baking in The English Kitchen today.   Wholemeal Sweet Bannock.   An Irish Soda Bread.  Quick to make and quite enjoyable! 

Happy Friday!  Have a wonderful weekend!   Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!



17 comments:

  1. Wonderful ideas once again Marie, You are so good at finding things...I do like teh idea of the little cloth dolls rather than paper ones for wee hands..so clever...
    Hope that your back/side pain eases off soon..Have you had Tod give it a rub for you with some deep heat or similar that might help ease the pain a bit anyway...
    sending prayers for quick recovery
    Hope you don't get any more snow. we have not ha dany so far and looks dry this morning but bitterly cold..so if we go out we will be wrapping up warm..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie I hope you feel so much better and soon. enjoy your day. I feel nostalgic for snow and I last saw it fall in November, in Milford Sound.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sybil! It is very cold here. No snow laying of course, but there is snow on the hills. North of us they got a lot of snow! xxoo

    Thanks Suzan! I always feel nostalgic for snow before Christmas, but when Christmas is over, it can take a hike! lol xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Marie! Oh, the Friday fun--we need it! Thank you... :o) That mermaid blanket is cute--I have a little niece who would probably love something like that. ;o) I'll be curious to try that pretzel recipe, as I like to make them to have for Lenten meals & snacks. I've tried many a recipe, and most of the time they've turned out like just an ordinary bread roll. :o/ Those felt paper dolls are a cute idea! Said niece above might like these... a birthday gift idea for later this year maybe! LOVE the LOVE coupons! I made sometimes similar for TJ a few years back--fun. ;o) So sweet with Miss Mitzie dusted with snow. The snow which rained away earlier this week has returned again, so we're covered in white too! Happy weekend to all of you there! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love soft pretzels. My children always loved dipping theirs in melted cheese. I prefer to have mine rolled in cinnamon and sugar. Hope you get a chance to try them out. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your little niece would love this Tracy! I am sure you could knock one up quite easily. You are very talented with the needle and thread! I am going to try the pretzel roll myself and see. I've never had a real one so I spose I won't know the difference! haha No white here this day, but very cold! Love and hugs! xoxo

    Pam, cinnamon sugar sounds gorgeous. I think I would love that too! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take care dear Marie..hope it goes away now:)

    Lots of great ideas again here..
    Have a marvelous weekend..
    Snowed here too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Monique. I am taking it easy today. You have a lovely weekend also! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marie, hope you're feeling better soon. It hasn't really snowed here either, but my daughter lives in Rochdale and they've got loads there. I'm like you, I love it just before Christmas but hate it after! Take care, lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marie, hope you're feeling better soon. It hasn't really snowed here either, but my daughter lives in Rochdale and they've got loads there. I'm like you, I love it just before Christmas but hate it after! Take care, lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no doubt that you were such a fun Mom. You find the most clever ideas for kids and adults too! Just love them all! I hope your back gets better soon. Maybe you can put on some good movies and doing some hand sewing or needle felting. :-) Take it easy! Love ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I forgot to add that I love seeing Mitzie Doodle out in the snow! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think we are pretty lucky here in Chester Katie, protected by the Welsh Mountains, but just down the road, they always have it a lot worse!! xxoo

    Aww thanks Valerie! I like to think I was a fun mom. I got all of my dolls stuffed yesterday, so that was great!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are quick in making your dolls. Make sure to take some pictures of them together. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sewing the body parts and stuffing them is the easy part Valerie! The rest takes a lot longer! Don't worry I'll be sure to share the finished product! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have some fabulous finds on this one. I loved the crocheted scarf.
    The felt paper dolls are awesome. I would love to make some for my Great Granddaughters.
    The love coupons are a great idea.
    You must have a soft Pretzels they are the best.
    Well I am going to check out the links.
    I always love your Friday Five.
    Blessings, hugs and love for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks LeAnn! I am going to try out the pretzels! Blessings, hugs and love to you too. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!