Friday 16 January 2015

Friday Finds . . .

 photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

 A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!

 photo deec540c5933fa78b09d4f42c0cde2b4_zps57695f5f.jpg

From Keeper of the Home.   A soothing Lemon-Ginger Drink to take when you have a nasty cold or the flu.  I've been making this for years.   It's really good and works great!   Very comforting.

 photo bb5bec8df4ee7e73416d90da7666e9ad_zpsa360fa11.jpg

Suffer from occasional Insomnia?  This is said to help with that problem.  Todd tried it last night and from what I could tell he was sleeping like a baby.  From Pregnancy.org.Warm milk with vanilla and honey.

 photo 3374d8681be993f61f4b7d3d7606b603_zps487b4323.jpg

Small space organization tips from Southern Living.   Really handy for those who have to deal with the frustration of living in homes with not a lot of storage like moi!

 photo a7007eb7030efa038173e3a3208c7f38_zpsf7d35e4b.jpg

What an absolutely brilliant idea.  It's two hangers, hung on a wall upside fown.  You end up with a hook to hang your towels on and a place for the washcloth/flannel!  Doh!  Such a simple idea.  Why didn't I think of it?   From DIYN Crafts.

 photo f8ecad0ae46d1f12bb59679711b3c440_zps5d0ded14.jpg

How to create your own Grab and Go Binder, filled with everything you need.  This is your handy document keeper that you keep in a safe but accessible place that you can easily grab in the event of a dire emergency and you need to run out of the house. Everyone needs one of these.  From Apartment Prepper, Family Preparedness from an Apartment.  Brilliant page!

 photo 99c8275d204df42af6eb215fd3ea940b_zpsa1bbca87.jpg

Very Jane Austenish!  I love it.   A candle holder made from an old tea cup.   Brilliant.   Ten Brilliant Ideas to Upcycle TeaCups.  From A Cultivated Nest

 photo DIYcandles_48_zps3d3daff6.jpg

While we are talking candles and tea cups.   A complete tutorial on how to make a candle in a teacup.   Beautiful.   From Hey Gorgeous.

 photo 8bcb453cd952e66403e6d1ee72f04721_zps1f834f63.jpg

 How to recycle an old silver chest into a Jewelry Box.   Such a sweet idea.   From Feather's and Flight.

 photo 8b72e27259f698341d1c4acf512c5b1f_zps4d822c03.jpg

Are you a lover of fonts?   I adore them and am always collecting new ones.  I found these brilliant ones,  free for the asking, from The Cottage Market.   Great blog by the way as well.   It's an eclectic blog, with a little bit for everyone on it.

 photo 6782423c912edd0eb8082b14eb62ef41_zps3c90f587.jpg

Free Printable Papers.  With everything from plain lines, to graph paper, Yahtzee Score Sheets to cheque books.   Its all on Printable Paper.  What can't you find on the internet?  Amazing!

 photo 0231c29d07403e912e51c67cffa724c3_zps7442d521.jpg

How to turn an old coffee table into a bench.   Brill idea.  From Sabby in Suburbia.

 photo 10922481_10100535991760959_4508825922635579958_n_zps04b83863.jpg

Can you stand a bit of cuteness this morning?   But of course!  It's Baxter apres grooming.  He's such a little poser.  Love him to bits!

I hope that you found something to inspire you here this morning.  Some new idea that you had not thought of before.   It's all about sharing!

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
When one door of happiness closes, 
another opens, 
but often we look so long at the closed door 
that we do not see 
the one that has been opened for us. 
~Helen Keller~  
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥

  photo SAM_8873_zps8a46a00e.jpg

 Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . . .  Mushroom Sauced Burgers.   Served with mash and plenty of vegetables on the side.  Man Pleaser.

 Have a wonderful weekend!   Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


 

13 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie,

    I have loved today's post and am fighting the urge to play in the lined paper pages. I have the cricket on and am hiding from the heat.

    Have a blessed day.

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. All work and no play makes for a dull day Suzan! Have a blessed day or evening also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am watching the cricket and playing on my computer for now. My day is winding down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Marie! It's always so fun to come here Fridays and see what you've found for us! LOVE, love, love the tea cup candle holder!! The silver chest-cum-jewelry box is a very pretty idea. And love the coffee table turned bench idea--brilliant! haha... Baxter is so sweet--that's one cute pooch! The Man Pleaser burgers are on my to-make list now. I got a man here who would love that! ;o) What is it with guys and beef?! LOL... Happy Weekend to you all there ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are taking some time to relax Suzan! xx

    Thanks Tracy! Baxter is a pooch with mega personality for sure. I really enjoyed spending time with him when I was home two years ago. That makes him about 2 years old now! Men and meat. The two go together like peas and carrots! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cozy cozy meal..and fun finds..
    Marie every single morning..we drink our green tea with half a lemon each and grated ginger..
    Creatures of habit we are..
    I loved that Red Riding Hood note paper you Pinned so much I went to print it but could not for the life of me get to the source.
    Cute pooch too..

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds lovely MOnique, and I am sure you are all the healthier for it! I will have to do a search for the Red Riding Hood Note Paper now and see if I can find a source! That bugs me! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do think that Baxter is one cute wee dog..almost as cute as our Mitzie and Masy....note I say almost !!
    Thank you again for all these lovely pages to have a peep at..
    Hope you have had a good day and that tomorrow will not be as cold as they are saying it will be..
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love ALL the ideas you posted. That isn't something new by the way. I always love the ideas you find and put on the blog. Oh, that Baxter is so darn cute! I want him to come live with me. He and my two Shiba Inus would have a fun time for sure. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree Sybil, ALMOST! There is frost on our car this morning, so I suspect it is quite cold out there. xxoo

    THanks Valerie, I think he would be pinging off them! He has so much energy! He's a daschund/terrier cross.xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marie, I forgot to say that when I was growing up and had trouble sleeping, my mother made me the warm milk, honey and vanilla to drink. I must say, that I always fell asleep soon after drinking it. It tastes very good too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's good to know Valerie! I will be trying that from now on! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!