Thursday 15 January 2015

Five things about me . . . .

 photo 10806425_10153047961200320_2794288544543197610_n_zps35127c7c.jpg

 This is a studio portrait which was done of me just prior to my last marriage breaking up. I was 43 in it, so it is about 16 years old.  There has been a lot of water under the bridge since then.  This is the photo I sent Todd when we first started communicating a year or so later.  It wasn't such a bad picture I don't think.  It netted me an Ace husband at any rate!

Yep, it's another five things about me, because  . . .  well I am just so interesting, doncha know?   Not really.  Just kidding.  But I do like sharing my life with you all.   I hope that doesn't make me narcissistic???

 photo 7b6e9408a2b1d4eb300df83cc5330503_zpsb98721c6.jpg

I often have bouts of insomnia.   I hate it.    There are night when I spend all night just laying in bed willing myself to fall asleep, and that is even after taking something to help me sleep.   It's usually worst when I have something important to do the next day, like go somewhere or do something special like give a talk or teach a lesson in church.  My father is the same and I have a son just like me too.  I think it is hereditary.   I also get it if I have been out doing something in the evening, or if we have company, or if I have had to work in the evening.  I can be reading a book and nodding off all the way through, only to wake up as soon as I put the book down and try to sleep.  I often miss the last half of television shows or films in the evening . . .  once again because I keep nodding off . . .  only to fall awake when I try to go to sleep in bed.  I don't know why I do this.  I only wish I didn't have this problem.  It can be a real curse.

 photo 1ecfac17ad2c8bbabc84f64c9a2c9937_zpsb6ed7c2c.jpg

When I do sleep I have really vivid dreams.   And I remember them in great detail.  (I can still remember dreams which I had as a child.)  Last night for instance I dreamt all night about taking a trip to Spain.  I have never been to Spain, but I saw all sorts of wierd things on my way there, including rock formations that were made from red sand, and gliding over ground which looked like the resort we were going to be staying at was being built on top of a graveyard.  How do I know this??    . . .  because skeletons were seen being exposed  in the ground as it was being dug.   The resort was not yet finished.   There were great details in this dream, such as seeing the Spanish Pyrenees behind those rock formations (which looked oddly like Monuments Park in Utah, which I have never seen but in photographs.)  There was all sorts of food being offered in my dream but I remember not wanting any of it because they were going to charge us for each and every dish.   Plus workers with tip bags following me around wanting me to give them money.

The worse and eeriest dream I ever had was one where I was walking on ground in a place that seemed endlessly flat.  There was nothing but the horizon to be seen all around me . . .  no trees, only sky.  With each step I took my feet sunk into the ground leaving footprints and my footprints were filling with water.   I could see them stretching out endlessly behind me.

See, vivid.

 photo DejaVu_zps724f66ee.jpg

I often experience Deja Vu.   When it happens I remember dreaming what is happening and know where I have seen things/events/people before.  One of the most vivid Deja Vu experiences happened when I was in Utah six years ago.   We were in the Lion House and were sitting in the waiting area where you sit prior to going on a tour of the house.  There were two missionary sisters standing on either side of a cast iron pot bellied wood stove at the front of the room explaining about the house.   As soon as they stood in place I remembered dreaming this exact thing and knew exactly what they were going to say next.  I had another Deja Vu experience on that trip when I was at Church on the Sunday morning and a girl got up to speak in Relief Society.  I kept thinking that I had seen her someplace before.  It was really wierd.   That night as I was saying my prayers it came to me that I had seen her before  . . .  in a dream.   These two experiences confirmed to me that whilst I had not known ahead of time I was going to be making that trip to Utah, Heavenly Father did . . .  and He had told me so in  . . .  dreams.

Some of the world's greatest prophets are prompted and taught via dreams.  Visions whilst sleeping.

 photo sleep_zps909780f6.jpg

I sleep on my stomach in exactly this position, minus the sleep mask.  It is what is most comfortable for my back.   This was a problem when I was pregnant of course.  I have a very difficult time falling asleep on my back  . . .  and I snore when I am on my back.  Not fun for my bedroom partner.

 photo laserlite_zpsc1c1905f.jpg

I wear ear plugs in bed.   These exact ones actually.  I cannot stand to even hear another person breathing.  It bugs me.  I can't expect Todd not to breathe, and so I wear ear plugs.  They help a lot.  I could not sleep without them.

And a bonus one because I probably already told you about the insomnia . . .

 photo 93fc5901f1b8cd5f464f06080d12e38a_zpse44c8f91.jpg

I've always wanted a canopy bed.   Can you imagine this one with fairy lights woven amongst the branches?   Sigh . . .

And there you have it.  Five more things about me.   I hope you didn't nod off when you were reading them!!

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

 ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
Be thankful for what you have;
you'll end up having more.
If you concentrate on what you don't have,
you will never ever have enough.
~Oprah Winfrey
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥


 photo SAM_2627_zps6470d612.jpg 


Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . .  Spiced Butternut Soup with cheesy croutes.  Perfect for a cold winter's day!

Have a wonderful Thursday!   Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!

 

13 comments:

  1. Insomnia visited me for the second night in a row. The vivid dreams occur here but I won't discuss them as some of them are so very frightening.

    Ah well after late start, which I regret, I drove mum to the nursing home. Beth was there so I left her with Beth and came home to do some chores. I never seem to have enough time for chores and so little help. Mum always wants to go shopping and she takes forever. I am almost male in my desire to be in and out of the shops quickly. So this evening I am less exhausted even though it is hot still at over 39 Centigrade.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you handle such warm temperatures Suzan. I don't think I would cope very well with those. God bless your day also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love readng even more things about you Marie. I am lucky that I usually sleep quite well once I have taken the morphine pills I can sleep no bother,,,,if I am not sleeping I usually realise that's why I have forgot...that does nt happen often !! and I never or very very rarely dream...so there are teh occasional differences between us. and I coudn't wear ear plugs..mind you once I take the hearing aids out I am probably deaf enough !!!
    HAve a lovely day It is nice and sunny here ..at the momenet but the forecast is for gales soon. I am going out with Lyn this afternoon to an exhibition and a posh afternoon tea. (another birthday present !) Take care love to Tod and clap for Mitzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie, in short, I don't. I hate it with a vengeance and I want to move. But I stay here because my family is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Todd could not wear ear plugs either Sybil! He can't stand anything in his ear and just barely tolerates his hearing aid. I hope you have a lovely day. It is cold but sunny here today also. When the sun is shining, even the cold temps are easily forgiven! Enjoy your posh afternoo tea! Lucky you!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe one day you will be afforded the opportunity to move Suzan. I hope you can and that life will be much sweeter. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your soup is what I am in the mood for as our snow goes crunch crunch when we walk on it ..it's so cold..

    That's a good studio photo..fun to have isn't it?
    I am like you for sleep..the eve of something is worse..full moons worse..
    I used to experience déjà vu..rarely if at all any more..
    Some dreams are prophetic unfortunately..

    I am also a light sleeper..but I cannot stand ear plugs..a mask I can..but it is dark these days so no need.
    I am always amazed in shows and movies how people get up in the morning or middle of the night with full make up and perfect hair.
    Should I die in my sleep I will need a groomer.
    I admire Frances MCDormand..the real deal..no facelifts..etc..Did you see Olive Kitteride?

    ReplyDelete
  8. WE are so much alike Monique, it's uncanny! I had to laugh at your comment about dying in your sleep and needing a good groomer. I think we will all need a good groomer! I did see Olive Kitteridge and she did a great job in that. I like it when people are natural. Like Kathy Bates, Jamie Lee Curtis. It's a shame that Hollywood is so hard on older actresses. I hate seeing them fold to the pressure and go under the knife. They look so wierd and unreal then. Duck Lips, wierd eyes, etc. Women should be able to celebrate aging. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree!
    On everything:)
    I am so easy..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this one and I am smiling.
    I think your picture is lovely. Oh, how I would love to meet you one day.
    I enjoyed reading about your dreams; you did have some specific ones. I have a few dreams through the year that have been meaningful.
    I have insomnia sometimes too and I hate it. I love my sleep.
    I used to sleep on my tummy until I started having children and since then I don't; which is strange to me.
    I love the cute picture of the dog tucked under the covers; so sweet.
    Blessings, love and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks LeAnn! Last night I was dreaming about Alien Invasions. Disturbing to say the least! Blessings and hugs to you as well.xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!