Tuesday 6 January 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

Outside my window ...
It's cold and very dark.   Winter is upon us.   Todd says it is colder this winter than it was last winter.  He did not have to scrape the car windows even once last winter and he has already had to scrape them several times this winter.   I told him that if you can count the number of times you have had to scrape your car windows on one hand . . .  you have not really experienced winter! lol

I am thinking ...
This is my first Simple Woman's post for 2015.  The new year stretches before me like a fresh scribbler just waiting to be scribbled upon.  I wonder what the year will hold?   I hope goodness.

I am thankful ...
That I got through 2014 without anything terrible happening or tragedy striking.   Phew!

In the kitchen ...
 photo SAM_8772_zpsd2827945.jpg

Crock Pot Burritos.   And they were amazing.  AMAZE-BALLS!  I highly recommend!

On my "to-cook" list ...
 photo a523d4e118c11795229724e1d1ac99d6_zps24fed011.jpg

 Browned Butter Honey Pistachio Cookie Bars by Baker by Nature.   These look fabulously delish.  I adore pistachios.

I am creating ...
 photo imagejpg1_zps4c102c1a.jpg

Not the bes photograph because I took it with the iPad, but this is my latest needle-felting creation I am working on.  It's a cat doll and I took a photo next to an altoids tin so you can see how small she is.  Yes, it is a she, I have decided.   She has a little pot belly and puffy cheeks.  I still have to make her some clothes.  I think I will make her a pair of pantaloons and a dress, perhaps knit her a shawl and make her a little bonnet.   We'll see what happens.

I also have to be working on my Portfolio, so that has priority.

 photo af8b27b64fa2a2929fa94443c6b301d0_zps1d66974a.jpg

I love this sofa organizer.  I have tons of fabric and could easily make one.   I may do just that.   Found on The Creative Blog.

 photo Dsc_0388_zps8b580d8d.jpg

I love this fabric doll house, that folds up into a bag.

 photo Dsc_0381_zps08a097ad.jpg

Isn't it adorable?   Found this on UK Lass in US.   It's a complete tutorial with photographs etc. and there is a version also for little boys.

 photo DIY_zpsa75876ce.jpg

 Do it yourself Fabric Covered Notebooks.   From The Bride's Diary.   Simple to do.

 photo ab5b79280446a8d8fac619ca6634bbe5_zps0d9e56f4.jpg

Home made gift bags from old cereal boxes.  Now that's inventive!  From Hooked on Sustainable.

I am going ...
I actually have no plans for this week.  I have a lot to do here at home.   I am taking down the Christmas Tree today.

I am reading ...

 photo n153711_zpsfabff430.jpg

Still Life, by Louise Penny

"Chief Inspector Armand Gamache of the Surete du Quebec and his team of investigators are called in to the scene of a suspicious death in a rural village south of Montreal. Jane Neal, a local fixture in the tiny hamlet of Three Pines, just north of the U.S. border, has been found dead in the woods. The locals are certain it's a tragic hunting accident and nothing more, but Gamache smells something foul in these remote woods, and is soon certain that Jane Neal died at the hands of someone much more sinister than a careless bowhunter." Still Life introduces not only an engaging series hero in Inspector Gamache, who commands his forces - and this series - with integrity and quiet courage, but a writer of traditional mysteries in the person of Louise Penny.

This is my first book that I am reading by Louise Penny and my first murder mystery book.  So far I am enjoying it!  I love that it takes place in Canada.

I am hoping ...
That this will be my year and that I might achieve some level of success with my artwork possibly.  Not wanting to be famous, just recognized and able to make a bit of a living at it all.  I know I said that last year as well.  I live in hope!

Makes me smile ...

 photo 0478c58160a188a73843138851983bbe_zps0eae5138.jpg

Babushka Cats!  Poor dears.  lol

I am learning ...
 We got a new Missionary Couple in our Ward this week.   They are an older married couple from Huntsville, Utah, the Johansons.   As I was listening to them bear their testimonies this past Sunday I started thinking about Todd and I having applied for a Service Mission and the thought came to me that if I want to go on a mission I have to be living my life worthy to go on a mission.  I need to be already doing the things I have been asked to do  . . .  well.   The Lord is not going to call me to do anything else until I am aready doing what I have been asked to do to the best of my abilities.   I am pondering how I can give more of myself to what I have already been asked to do.   I learned something sitting there watching this couple speak.  Or maybe it was not so much learning something as it was being inspired.

 Around the house ...

 photo 2606ca695176bd2010bf93e757fc7b53_zpsb52792cc.jpg

 I love LOVE the idea of lace trimmed ticking pillow slips.   From Far Above Rubies.

 photo b7178e750ad027e05e69596f251b7f4d_zps9705175f.jpg

I love LOVE LOVE this rag rug.   I have always loved rag rugs.   I also love the pale blue walls of this kitchen against the white.  We need to paint our kitchen.

 photo 9215351e0a3c1027a861c6dda645886f_zps7b85eb65.jpg

I love the window treatment in this picture, along with the beadboard ceiling.   My house that we owned when my ex and I broke up had a kitchen window exactly like this.

 photo d3235fcfa9894c176b55ec35a36685ab_zps9c6c3481.jpg

Painted white sills and jars filled with cosmos.   Sigh . . .

 I am pondering  ...

 photo 476c814bf2e5ba1a17c6957d1ef65d79_zps9ec98e22.jpg

Yep!

A favourite Quote for today  ... 
  photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg
 `*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~      

ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
(¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“


He drew a circle that shut me out . . . 
Heretic, rebel, a thing to float.
But love & I had the wit to win;
We drew a circle that 
took him in.
~Edwin Markam

One of my favourite things ...
 photo 2bd99234fea828ecc6e66203fb300436_zps8967e394.jpg

Washing on the line . . .

A peek into my day  ...
 photo 1622236_514361548705189_3767228105366011245_n_zps9b97a8a3.jpg

Counting blessings instead of sheep  . . .

And that's my day book for this week!
  
⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you! 


Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!

8 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. It is 7.30 pm and some washing has finally made it to the line. It will be dry by 8 or so and all will be fine if no bats visit. Truthfully we have had a number of rainy days and late today the rain dried up. I am about to do the dishes, wash the kitchen floor because the new dishwasher should arrive tomorrow and then read my Bible and watch some television.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for a new dish washer Suzan! It must feel good now not to have the pressure of the course bearing down on you. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 8.30 AM and MINUS 10 Farenheit!
    It's nt even that cccold in Three Pines right now..
    Fun stuff Marie..
    You ARE living a spiritual life...
    and coming along so well with the felting!

    Going to see your burritos I have never had one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not that cold here Monique, but it feels cold. I would rather have dry and cold than wet and mild. I hate wet. The burritos were very nice, although I think if I make them again I will add a layer of rice when I fold them. I am not a real meat lover and it was a bit too much meat for me however tasty! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. We woke to a couple of inches of fresh snow here today and it is bitter cold. Now the sun has come out but it won't warm up much at all. Hope you have a terrific Tuesday !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am waiting for the snow drops to appear Pam! They always make me think of spring!! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post! Love that photo of those precious kitties. =) Happy New year and warm blessings, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whatever happened with the Tuscany cooking contest prize, Marie? It is the worst publicity for them if you still haven't heard from them!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!