Tuesday 20 January 2015

The Simple Woman's Day Book


  photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg 

FOR TODAY, January 20th, 2015


 Outside my window ...
There is a heavy frost on the ground.   Second day in a row.  It's quite cold this morning.  Todd said it was very slippery out yesterday morning when he got back from taking Mitzie for her walk.

I am thinking ...
Ariana is coming home today from her visit to her family in Spain.   She's been away two weeks.  I am sure she will be finding it very cold in comparison to where she has been.  I hope her flight, etc. is uneventful.

I am thankful ...
For warm hand knit socks!  A gift from a friend.

In the Kitchen ...
 photo DSCN0084_zps25c28f0d.jpg 

Hearty Tomato and Orzo Soup.   For two.   Easy and delicious.  Yep, those are star shaped grill cheese croutons on top.

On my "to cook" list ...














 






 These Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins from Deliciously Sprinkled are looking mighty good this morning. 

I am creating ...
















 






This crochet scarf is just beautiful.  I love it.   By Anabelia.  It's Spanish, but there is a translator and hey, I have a Spanish girl living in the house if I really run into trouble!


 



















This paper heart garland is really cute and would be a great way of using up paper scraps.  From Etsy,  but how hard could it be to make?  Four paper hearts punched out and glued together in pairs, wrong sides together.   You make a whole bunch of them and then place two double hearts on top of each other and sew  together in a row on a sewing machine.




 I love these vintage printables from Graphics 45.



 











 








46 crafts made from recycled materials.   From Country Living.  Forty six ways to make something new out of something old.  I love it!

I am going ...
I am going to the Temple on Thursday, weather permitting.  Trips like that are always iffy in the winter.  You just never know what the weather will be like from one day to the next

I am reading ...
 photo n153711_zpsfabff430.jpg 

Still Life, by Louise Penny
"Chief Inspector Armand Gamache of the Surete du Quebec and his team of investigators are called in to the scene of a suspicious death in a rural village south of Montreal. Jane Neal, a local fixture in the tiny hamlet of Three Pines, just north of the U.S. border, has been found dead in the woods. The locals are certain it's a tragic hunting accident and nothing more, but Gamache smells something foul in these remote woods, and is soon certain that Jane Neal died at the hands of someone much more sinister than a careless bowhunter." Still Life introduces not only an engaging series hero in Inspector Gamache, who commands his forces - and this series - with integrity and quiet courage, but a writer of traditional mysteries in the person of Louise Penny.

This is my first book that I am reading by Louise Penny and my first murder mystery book.  So far I am enjoying it!  I know it is taking me a while, but I only read for pleasure in bed and I am usually falling asleep about ten minutes after I begin.

I am hoping ...
That the weather co-operates on Thursday.  I am really looking forward to going to the Temple.

Makes me smile ...


 















It certainly seems so at the moment . . .  but he hasn't been in Downton or Call the Midwife has he!!

I am learning ... 
Let go . . . Let God.  It's easy some weeks  It's not so easy other weeks.

Around the house ...






















I love this slip covered metal chair, but I am really loving the pillow that is sitting on top of it.   How sweet.   From Cottage Hill.






















I just adore this choice of fabrics.  They match beautifully even if you don't think that they would.   From Atticmag.






















Believe it or not, this is a plant hanger repainted and then placed on it's side to make a really pretty curtain tie back  From Yellow Brick Home.























5 Ways to Fake a Fireplace Mantel.  From Infarrantly Creative.


































 Swoon.  From About.com Architecture.

I am pondering ...
This is the first month in a long while where I have not managed to earn enough to pay my credit card which I am desperately trying to pay off.  I hope that isn't the way it is going to be this next year.  It does not bode well.

A favourite quote for the day ...
`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~      

ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
(¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“ 

Be helpful.
When you see a person without a smile.
Give them yours.
~Zig Ziglar
  

One of my favourite things ...

































 It's a photo bomb from 1910.  I love old black and white photographs.  I always find myself wondering about the people in them.  Who were they?  What were their dreams?  Did they have happy lives or sad lives?  Did they achieve what they wanted to during their lifetime?  So many questions . . .  so fascinating.

A peek into my day ... 




  












I bite my tongue a lot. I have to because I am very strong opinions about certain things,  and if I expressed all the things I wanted to say, I would probably end up being arrested.  It's a wonder I even have a tongue left to bite!!

And that's my day book for this week!
  
⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you! 


Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!
 

10 comments:

  1. Oh, your soup looks VERY cozy eating... It's been snowing here, so cozy food is a must. ;o) LOVE the cheery star croutons!! LOVELY crochet project... and I love the combo of pink and gray. That heart garland is BEAUTIFUL! I think I'd like to make one of those... but don't have as many pretty papers as those, but we'll see! Oh, but I'm sorry your struggling with you credit card bill... *prayers*... Have a good week, my friend :o) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Marie. I hope you have a wonderful day.

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you do have a terrific Tuesday and the weather holds for you. We had a lot of snow but had a warm spell over the weekend so some has melted. Nice to have a little break before the next round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hearts. I've been thinking about a heart garland. How about Benedict Cumberbash on Downton Abbey as Lady Edith's Prince Charming who takes her and her child and they live happily ever after? By the way, did I completely miss between season 4 and 5 the where when and how of Lady Edith's child coming to be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this Louise Penney book in my book club several years ago and we all really enjoyed it. It was made into a made-for-TV film here in Canada --- and it was okay.

    Good luck with your bill payments. Have faith that your needs will be met.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, she is the love child of Edith and her Newspaper tycoon's love affair. He disappeared in Germany and she had to go away with her Aunt for a while until the baby was born. Nobody knew but her Aunt and the old Dame! Yeh, that sounds like a nice idea. I keep hoping that Tom will hook up with either her or Mary though! We have started watching them again here from season one just to keep up with our fix of the show!! xxo

    Thank you Pam, little breaks between the storms help for sure! xxoo

    Thanks Suzan, I hope your day goes well. ((((hugs)))) xoxo

    Thanks Tracey, for everything and especially the prayers! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

  7. Love the star shaped grilled cheese croutons..now that is love:)
    Marie what is happening with the people you sold some of your art work to? Haven't they done anything yet? I know you were buffing up your portfolio..but seriuosly you have so much already..just itching to be marketed.

    Poor Edith.. Marigold has to end up with her and soon..
    Breaks my heart.
    Did you catch Grantchester? New here..so far so good..he was the bad guy on Happy Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So far they always have been Sandy! God is always good. It does require a lot of faith! xoxo

    I am still working on the portfolio Monique. I had not heard anything from them since before Christmas, but finally got an e-mail a couple of days ago saying her back had been injured over Christmas and she has been bedridden. So??? I don't know. I am keeping my lip zipped about DA as I don't want to spoil it for anyone! I did catch Granchester and it was good. That guy was a really bad guy on Happy Valley! Very observant of you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. He has a lovely face..hard to forget..
    And I forgot to say that I love all those different fabrics together too..
    Fingers crossed for you. Marie...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!