Wednesday 21 January 2015

Wednesday ponderings . . .



 photo SAM_0354_zps8e92af6a.jpg


We recently watched a program featuring David Attenborough about flight.  In it he explored the development and growth of winged creatures since the beginning of time.   This got me to thinking about things like that . . .

Could not the budding of wings from the fragile ribs of a baby bird begin with an impulse within them to soar  . . . and to live beyond the confines of their nest . . .

 photo SAM_8004_zpsf37b57c0.jpg

Who is it to say that the act of the butterfly breaking out from it's cocoon isn't the end result of it's being tired of living within the tight weave of it's own making . . .

 photo SAM_5499_zps1cab5c7a.jpg

What is it that drove the first tadpole to want legs and arms to take it beyond the limitations of it's existance in the pond . . .

 photo flamingo_zps60381832.jpg

Thousands and thousands of flamingoes migrate from South America across the Atlantic Ocean to Africa each year . . . could this not begin with a yearning to explore the yellow ribbon which keeps lining the  depth of their horizons . . .


 photo SAM_8022_zpsbea00705.jpg

Would life not get better if we allowed the colour of passion which lines our faces to enable us to break free from our own tightly woven cocoons?


 photo greenfairy_zps47a0fc2a.jpg

Does not the journey of love begin the moment we give voice to that loneliness which resides in our hearts . . .


 photo SAM_5485_zps5c348b67.jpg

Can our journey to peace sprout like wings . . .  once we give voice to our feelings, allowing them to find their place in the world . . .

Does . . .  not every effort that is allowed it's full heart beat within will . . .  ripple as a birth within the measure of this beautiful world that we live in?

Food for thought  . . .

 photo Home_Sweet_Home_Sign_Framed.jpg

Ariana has arrived back safe and sound from her visit with her family in Spain.  It is nice to have her back,  She loves my Peanut Butter Picnic Cake and I had a fresh one baked and waiting for her return.    She is back to work today already with four night shifts in a row!  I don't know how people cope with working all night like that one night after another.  When I worked at the manor and had those packing nights it took everything out of me for weeks afterward.   It's a good thing she is young!  I am not sure an old person could cope very easily with that kind of thing!

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .

❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
"Put yourself into life 
and never lose your openness, 
your childish enthusiasm 
throughout the journey that is life, 
and things will come your way." 
~Federico Fellini~
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥ 

  photo DSCN0108_zps02faa4b4.jpg

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Chicken and Artichoke Casserole.


Have a wonderful Wednesday!!  Stay warm and stay happy.   Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


6 comments:

  1. Hello Marie. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzan. I know you are going through a particularly difficult time at the moment. Sending you love and hugs. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. New life is such a miracle. I enjoyed reading your ponderings. I need to check out that cake recipe you mentioned today. Sounds very interesting. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the statuary face w/ the plant hair:) Love..

    I don't know how the tiniest of birds survive our days here it is 0 F.. balmy for here..imagine the other days?:)
    Comforting casserole Marie:)

    PS Started Last Tango In Halfiax last night ..I know we are late to the party but it is good and light and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Pam! That cake has long been a favourite in my family. Simple and good. So good that Ariana took one to work with her on Christmas Day to treat the staff at the hospital unit with! They also loved it! Happy Wednesday! xoxo

    Monique! I adore Last Tango in Halifax! ADORE. I Love that you enjoy it also! That the birds survive winter is always a miracle to me, likewise the goldfish in our pond. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Certainly wise words today Marie...Sorry I am late in comenting but I was not on this morning for very long before I nodded of....yes here at the lap top !! after having slept from 9.15pm last night till almost 6.15 this morning LOL what am I like...Mary said I must have needed it...I think I am just getting lazy ...
    Hope that you have had a good day with no snow etc. been a cold damp day down here. Thankfully I have not been out but Masy came back wet and muddy from her walk...
    Love to Tod Mitzie and not forgetting yourself xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!