Wednesday 7 January 2015

My word for the year . . .

 photo possibility_zps8f5e9929.jpg

I noticed over the past few days that people have been picking a word for the year and I thought to myself . . . that's a nice idea. So I have spent a couple of days now trying to think of what my word for 2015 will be and last night as I was getting into bed . . .  my word came to me.

POSSIBILITY
[pos-uh-bil-i-tee]

noun (pl) -ties

1.the state or condition of being possible

2.anything that is possible

3.a competitor, candidate, etc, who has a moderately good chance of winning, being chosen, etc

4.(often pl) a future prospect or potential: my new house has great possibilities
Each and every day of this year I am going to Dwell in Possibility. 


  


"I dwell in possibility." ~ Emily Dickenson    


Each morning as I open my eyes, I am going to glory at the possibility that the day ahead of me holds and as I slip my feet into my slippers by the side of my bed, I am going to ponder all the positivity that the day ahead of me is going to gift me with. 
 
 photo 38034288b2935a514106a1d1531ca513_zps6c1aa4ae.jpg

This year I am going to believe . . . that there is nothing I cannot do once I set my mind to do it. I am going to have faith in myself as well as in my God.  I am going to tell myself every day that it CAN be done and then I am going to do it.  This is the year I am going to make my dreams come true because this year . . .  all things are possible.

I was watching Jim Carrey, the Canadian actor and comedian being interviewed on a television show the other day. Jim Carrey grew up in a family so poor that for a time they lived in their Volkswagen van on a relative's lawn. But Carrey believed in his future even when it may have seemed likely he would follow his parents in poverty.

One night in 1990 when he was a struggling young comic trying to make his way in Los Angeles, he drove his old beat-up Toyota to the top of a hill. While sitting there, broke, looking down over the city, and dreaming of his future, he wrote himself a check for $10 million, put in the notation line 'for acting services rendered,' and dated it for Thanksgiving 1995. He stuck that check in his wallet,  and the rest, as they say . . .  is history.

 photo index_zps7eb9f3a0.jpg

This year I am going to write myself a cheque of possibility.   This year I am going to build a "field of dreams" and trust that . . .  if I build it . . .  they will come.

This year . . . I am going to be the little engine that could . . .  and did.

 photo 0384d9757f57fac52ee2b04e84d31576_zps02312a02.jpg

I am going to surf upon the wave of possibility and do my darnedest to make my dreams come true.   And . . .  if at the end of the year even just a one of them has come true, then that will be the icing on a very tasty cake, because I will have enjoyed every day of the journey along the way.

And . . .  I am going to take you with me on the journey, so hold on to your hats . . . I'm not sure where the journey will take us, but we are going to enjoy every step of the way.

 photo believeit_zpsf9f0c967.jpg

Live it.  Love it.   Believe it.

No one is too old.
No one is too fat.
No one is too afraid.

I can learn anything.
I can know anything.
I can be anything.

All things are possible to those who believe enough and have faith enough to bring the possibilities to light.

My word for the year . . .  P O S S I B I L I T Y

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .

 ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
"The best feeling in the world is finally knowing
you took a step in the right direction.
A step toward the future where everything
that you never thought was possible . . . 
is possible.
~Unknown
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥ 

  photo SAM_8790_zpsc2c6bb2a.jpg

Baking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Paradise Slices.   With their shortbread crust, raspberry jam filling, and coconut/almond frangipane sponge topping, these are real pleasers all round!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!   Remember . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


11 comments:

  1. Dearest Marie,

    What a great word to choose for your year. I hope that the possibilities are endless.

    God bless,

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Suzan. I BELIEVE that the possbilities ARE endless! What is your word for the year?
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done that in the past and haven't even thought about it. May I tell you tomorrow? So many choices. Ian trying to not make jokes with the word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may certainly tell me tomorrow Suzan! The choice of the right word for the year cannot be rushed but must be pondered and come to. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the word POSSIBILITY. It's full of potential and OPTIMISM which is my word for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Helen! Optimism is a great word for the year! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The word you choose is a great one. Life is full of possibilities and nothing is impossible with God. Each morning I wake with anticipation of the day. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Monique! I sure hope so! Xxoo

    Thank you Pam! You have a wonderful Wedm
    Mes day too! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your word and I will continue to enjoy this journey with you. This was such an uplifting and inspiring post. I need to read it today. Thanks dear friend for writing about the possibilities which are endless.
    Blessings and hugs for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much LeAnn! I am happy if I could inspire you. It's usually the other way around! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!