Thursday 1 January 2015

Five Things about Me . . .

 photo 196239_10150172494170320_4918759_n_zps01179088.jpg

This is an oldie to start off te new Year in.  A lot of water under the bridge since then!  This year that one year old is turning forty and that naieve 20 year old is turning sixty!  How did that happen?   Yep, it's another five things about me post!  (I wish I was still that thin!  Loving the aviator glasses!)

 photo weeping_angel.jpg

I am lacking in will power.   That is why I am the size I am.  I vow to do better  . . .  but then someone brings in a bar of chocolate or a box of cookies or cakes and that's it for me.  All my will power just flies out the window.  I can do really well for a while, but then it all goes up in a puff of powdered sugar, and before I know it I am back where I started or . . .  in most cases . . .  worse!

 photo broken-heart.jpg

I have a soft and forgiving heart.  I will forgive anyone of most anything, and have done many times.  I have a few more problems with forgetting, but I am working on that.   You could really, really hurt me, but if you come to me and say you are sorry, that's it you're forgiven . . .  and oftimes you don't even have to say you're sorry.  I am so easy going that I accept that sometimes we all mess up and do things we shouldn't but when we know better we do better . . .  so I will always give you the benefit of the doubt and expect you to do better.

 photo cccbc-eastern-bluebird.jpg

I have a soft spot in my heart for all nature.   I love watching nature shows and shows about the weather,  travel shows, etc.   I get really upset though when they start showing animals hunting . . .  like a pride of lions hunting a baby elephant and the like.   I want to shout at the screen to all the people filming etc.  I want them to save the baby elephant.   I could not just watch it be taken down even though I know it is the natural order of things.   My intellect knows they need to hunt to survive, but my heart hates that they do, and I don't like to see it.

 photo spring1-small.jpg

I have a really playful side to me.   There is a part of me that loves the idea of twirling through fields of flowers  and coursing through the air on a swing with the breeze in my face.  It feels like I am flying even though it makes me feel ill.   I am a get down on my hands and knees with the grand kids kind of person, even if it hurts my knees.   I like a good giggle and I love to laugh.   Life it too short to do otherwise and I recognize that each day is a gift.   I treat each day as such.   I hope that I always do.

 photo HomeSweetHome-1.jpg

I believe in the sacredness of family and home.   They are gifts from God.  Your family is probably the most valuable thing you will ever be given and we must protect them to the best of our abilities.  You cannot do it on your own . . .  you need help . . .  a partner who is on the same page is a good thing . . .  God's direction in your life is the best thing.  Your home should be a haven from the outside world . . .  a special place . . .  a place to feel warm and safe and loved.    It's like a triangle   . . . with God at the top, then family and home sharing equal footing at the base corners.  It is the same with marriage.  God and the top and then husband and wife sharing equal footing at the base corners.  If you follow this pattern in life and with your family then you can't go wrong.  It pains me that I failed on this in my younger years . . .  but two people have to want it.   (being on the same page with God as your leader.)  Decisions do determine Destiny.  I have a sacred family and home now . . .  even if it's not exactly as I would ultimately have liked it to be . . . it's the best I can have, and for now that is enough.

And there you have it five things about me to start the year off with.   I wonder what this year will bring?   I don't think it's ours to know . . .  life must remain a mystery, each day a surprise gift waiting to be unfolded.   Some days are like diamonds and some days like dust.   Hopefully when we get to the end of the year there will be more diamonds than dust!

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .

❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥

“You can talk with someone for years, everyday,
and still, it won't mean as much as what you can have
when you sit in front of someone, 
not saying a word, 
yet you feel that person with your heart, 
you feel like you have known the person for forever.... 
connections are made with the heart, not the tongue.” 
~C. JoyBell C.

❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥  


 photo SAM_8688_zps5f57260c.jpg 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Crispy Potato Roast.   Seriously scrumptious!

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

Happy New Year!  May 2015 bring you more than your cup can hold!


16 comments:

  1. Happy new year Marie. I lack will power and mostly it is what I chose to drink. I become so bored with water and I truly do not like tea and sometimes I will drink a little coffee. But "soda" calls my name. I will be battling again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning on this the first day of 2015..it is a damp mild one down here...quite a change from the lovely crisp frosty ones we have had these last few days...we are going to go out for lunch today taking Mitch with us..He thinks he is comming over to me but will tell him when he phones...Think he will be happy to go ...hope so anyway I managed to get the last table in the Greyhouse a place where we usually go on a Sunday...Wishing you and Todd ever good thing throughout 2015

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Suzan! I wish fizzy drinks were my only vice! I do drink the diet ones, but I think they make me worse! xxoo

    Damp and mild here too Sybil! I ope you have a lovely time with Mitch and that you enjoy your lunch. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish for you and your family a wonderful, inspiring, creative New Year. May it be filled with blessings and joy!
    Have a good time with my compatriot today. Wish I could do that ,too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I wish you could too Helen! Maybe one day . . . A very Happy New Year to you and your family also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Marie! May it be filled with everything you wish for. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kate! Maybe this year will be the year we meet in person! We live so close to each other we really need to make it happen! Happy New Year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every day is such a wonderful gift. The older I get the more that seems to be true! I hope you do have Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny how that goes Pam! Happy
    New
    Year! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy happy happy happy year to you:)

    And your potatoes look decadent!
    I had glasses almost exactly like yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Marie, that would be lovely. I'll make it my New Years resolution to meet up with you! Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. We were both so very stylish Monique! haha Happy New Year!! xoxo

    Kate, be careful what you wish for! lol Dreams often come true! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your 5 things about you. It's fun to read your 5 things.
    You are such a fun person and I can tell you are kind, forgiving, fun and just so talented.
    I am like you if there is chocolate I will eat it.
    Since my husband was diagnosed with diabetes I have lost a bit of weight. It doesn't seem fair to eat goodies without him. We do have dessert but not as often and we do avoid sugar as much as possible.
    Blessings and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LeAnn, you are so kind to me! I am just me, I guess. Maybe I take me for granted? I don't know, but you are so kind to say these things" xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely post! Always is lovely know more about you dear!
    All the best for the next year dear Marie for you and Todd a really happy, happy year:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Gloria! Happy New Year to you and your family also. I hope it is a very good year for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!