Friday 23 January 2015

Friday Finds

 photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!

 




















How to cook Perfect Brown Rice every time.  From Our Best Bites.    They pinched it from America's Test Kitchen.  No more gummy rice!



  



















I just love these little crocheted collars with the floral embellishments.  From Crochetlatte.  It's a free pattern.   There's a lot of really cute crochet on that blog.

















 I love this pincushion.  It's really cute.   From Crafty Goodies.  No instructions but a fab idea for repurposing things that have no other use! 




  

















I just adore this dresser turned bench from Create Inspire.  It will have to stay a dream for me because my husband is just not handy that way, sigh  . . .  























Isn't this gorgeous?   I love it!  Cherry Blossom Dresser from Miss Mustard Seed.   Lots of inspiration for an old piece of furniture.

















 I love to embroider and I just adore this little vignette with the wisteria and the sheep and the beehive and bees, and foxgloves, etc.  So pretty.   From The Floss Box.   






 















 No source, but what beautiful Monograms.  I loved Monogrammed linens.  

  















 




Make your own Lip Gloss.   Easy Peasy.   From Cheeky Kitchen.






















These little bunny finger puppets are so cute.  Kids love finger puppets.  Finger puppets are the perfect toy for little fingers to play with at church to help keep them quiet.   From Lil Fish Studio.





 

 















What a beautiful Valentine's Wreath!  So bright and colourful.  There is a complete tutorial on The Hybrid Chick.  Very simple and a great way to perhaps use up some paper crafting scraps?

And that's my Friday Finds for this week.  I do hope you found at least one thing out of the lot that might come in useful for you!

A thought to carry with you through today!


❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
Advice from a Tree:
1.  Stand Tall
2.  Go Out on a Limb
3.  Remember your roots
4.  Drink plenty of water
5.  Be content with your natural beauty
6.  Enjoy the view
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥

  photo SAM_8590_zps456ece60.jpg 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Cindy's Portugese Gumdrop  Cake.


  Have a wonderful weekend!   Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!
 

10 comments:

  1. Oh Marie, what a very cold morning it is down here. I thnk coldest we have ever had. and I forgot to put the central heatig on last night..I usually do if I thnkit is going to be extra cold I just click the overdrive button so it has only been on since 6am..it wll warm up soon I hope !! Glad that your day yesterday was good...some more great things for us to check out today thank you....I am havig a quiet day I think..Pam will be over for a quick visit to pick up her small cooker that I ordered for her on Amazon it came here not to her address !! I can never understand how she can cook so much food just using that small cooker....Have good daay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie it is the Australia Day weekend and true to form it is very wet with king tides. So the flooding begins and I pray that this is not going to be a huge mess likes some years. So I have heaps to look at and enjoy over the weekend. Thank you.

    At present I am watching Australia and England paying cricket. We are not doing so well I am afraid,

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very cold here as well this morning Sybil! We normally don't have the heat on at all during the night. I turn it on when I get up in the morning and then by the time Todd gets up it's fairly warm. Then we turn it off until the evening where we will have it on for a couple of hours. We can't afford to do otherwise! I am now wondering that small cooker you are talking about!xxoo

    Happy Australia Day Suzan! I hope you will be alright with the tides and flooding! I don't understand cricket I am afraid. I am far too North American! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol Marie. Australia Day is Monday and is a public holiday. So lots of people go to the beach for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Marie! It's Friday already??! How did that happen so fast?! LOL... LOVE those little crocheted collars. I always think I'll try making one fo those, but never sure what to wear with them of what I have in my wardrobe. WOW--really love that dresser turned in to a bench! Some folks are so creatively clever that way--what a wonderful idea for furniture transformation. Oooo... LOVE, love, love that embroidered vignette!! I'm wanting to add some embroidery to my creative life this year--so this really inspires. I used to do a lot of silk ribbon embroidery a long time ago--would like to revive that a little. The heart paper wreath is very fun!! Hope you have some fun this weekend--happy days to you all there :o) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's too bad Suzan, so I guess the bad weather is a real bummer! xx

    Thanks Tracy! I thught of you when I saw the crocheted collars. Very nice. I can see you doing these! Have a lovely weekend! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie..I embroidered that little vignette:) I gave it away..but it was fun and easy to do..
    I hate to say this..but I drew my own pattern..
    I buy as you know..Alicia..etc..but when I saw this I justwanted to do it..
    then.
    Those little collars remind me of Alicai and her little live doll..Maryn would be so cute with some!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very hard to believe it is Friday already and I've got very little done here. I had to copy that advice from a tree. I do love it. Hope your Friday is a fantastic one !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marie! I just love all the finds that you posted. Thanks for the inspiration.

    I received word that my neighbor, Lucia (from Sicily), that I grew up with as a next door neighbor in NY state passed on today. She was more family than just a neighbor. She taught me a lot.
    Will miss her very much.

    Hope you are well today! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh, Monique, now I don't feel guilty for having had the thoughts to do the same thing! I would love to do some of these collars for Maryn. I would so love to see her with some of the things I have given her through the years. I live in hope! xoxo

    Pam, this MONTH has gone by so quickly. Todd and I were just saying so last night. Can't believe that we are onto the last week of January tomorrow! Hope your Friday was a good one! xoxo

    Thanks Valerie! I am so sorry to hear about your neighbor from your childhood passing away. Thank goodness for the Gospel which is such a comfort at times of loss. ((((HUGS)))) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!