Tuesday 13 January 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

  photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

FOR TODAY, January 13th, 2015

Outside my window ...
It's dark and cold, but the wind has stopped.

I am thinking ...
I watched the first episode of the program I screen tested for yesterday.  Their first "cook" was tall, blond, thin and very pretty.   A Doctor of medicine and psychology as well as Debbie Harry in a Blondie Tribute band at the weekend.  I will have to watch a few more episodes before I make up my mind if I like the show or not. I thought it was a tad bit silly but one can't make a judgement on just one viewing.

I am thankful ...
That I didn't get picked to go on said show. I think I might have ended up at the butt end of "fat" jokes.  Every pun intended.

In the kitchen ...
 photo SAM_7657_zpsfb0f7f9f.jpg

Salmon, Broccoli and Potato Gratin.  A store cupboard casserole!  Cheap and cheerful and easy to make.

On my "To Cook" list ...

 photo 107_edited-1_zps03d66b7c.jpg

This Maple/Brown Sugar Pie from Bakeaholic  Mama looks mighty good!

I am creating ...
I've been collecting needle-felting pins.   My sister is doing really well with this craft.   I am not sure I am actually very good at it, but am giving it a good go.

 photo 1first_zps6fd0933e.jpg

I found a complete tutorial on making angel wings.   Looks like fun!  Found on  Crafty Butt.

 photo 77684d3822b511926ec99bc114d72f99_zpsc16a5559.jpg

I know Christmas is over, but it's never too late to start on next years fun.  I love these little domed ornaments I found on Creativity Within.  What a great blog!

 photo b917e3e629343dac55bbe1ae82e0a75d_zps5aecbf37.jpg

Loving the faces on these little felt cats I found on Prim Penny.

 photo 9a67be53f535f47690d32a8b9c7328c5_zps503a8383.jpg

Fairy Bed Sleepover Sets from Peony and Sage.  No instructions, but to buy . . .  but really,  how hard would they be to make?  I think with a little instruction, even Todd could make these.

 photo 8cbb637e95daa4b546aa3c2d9bff8651_zps29433ec8.jpg

I am loving this clip art found on Angie Makes.

I am going ...
I am going to go to Aldi today to see if I can pick up some of their plastic storage bins.  We worked really hard on the craft room yesterday.  I have gotten rid of all of my novels.  I had hundreds and I am never going to read them.  Wishful thinking.  We also pulled out the oak table which was in there.  It was a lot of work, but I see progress.

I am reading ...


 photo n153711_zpsfabff430.jpg

Still Life, by Louise Penny
"Chief Inspector Armand Gamache of the Surete du Quebec and his team of investigators are called in to the scene of a suspicious death in a rural village south of Montreal. Jane Neal, a local fixture in the tiny hamlet of Three Pines, just north of the U.S. border, has been found dead in the woods. The locals are certain it's a tragic hunting accident and nothing more, but Gamache smells something foul in these remote woods, and is soon certain that Jane Neal died at the hands of someone much more sinister than a careless bowhunter." Still Life introduces not only an engaging series hero in Inspector Gamache, who commands his forces - and this series - with integrity and quiet courage, but a writer of traditional mysteries in the person of Louise Penny.

This is my first book that I am reading by Louise Penny and my first murder mystery book.  So far I am enjoying it!  I love that it takes place in Canada. I am noticing that food is mentioned a lot in these.  And it all sounds delicious.

I am hoping ...
That they still have some of those plastic storage bins left in Aldi!

Makes me smile ...

 photo 10917449_10100534677374999_6007163089108862205_n_zps9ce1c4c9.jpg

This is a picture of Baxter keeping their home safe from intruders.  I think he is such a cute little guard dog.

I am learning ...
The more I think I know, the less I actually do know.

Around the house ...

 photo 22d127da377abe6e5b576d2813fea35a_zpsb2793253.jpg

17 ways to make your bed the coziest place on earth.  From Buzz Feed.

 photo 2db95e00b2499a2fa5a29ca29f5b9ed1_zpsadc10c63.jpg

How to organize your beauty products like a Pro.  I don't have that many, but I am always up for organization tips.  From Daily Makeover.

 photo 0047e4316b9d53077f7131a08808ce9b_zps32ae6e18.jpg

Fairy Lights make every room magical.

 photo cfbe923ddae02401460df83511ec7bf9_zpsafbb9f47.jpg

Ten home improvement ideas, how to make the most of what you already have.   From LiveLoveDIY.

I am pondering ...
Is the world really as unsafe as it seems, or has the media scare mongered and manipulated everything to make it seem more scary and unsafe?

A favourite Quote for today  ...
`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~      

ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
(¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“


If you have good thoughts
they will shine out of your face
like sunbeams
and you will always look lovely.
~Roald Dahl

One of my favourite things ...

 photo peanutbutter2n-1-web_zps2ba2f5f3.jpg

Peanut Butter.  In baked things.  On bread.  On toast.  On crackers.  On the spoon.  I love the stuff.

A peek into my day  ...

 photo images_zps2cd7c659.jpg

 I spend far too much time on Pinterest looking at food and licking my chops . . .  sigh  . . .

And that's my day book for this week!
  
⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you! 


Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


14 comments:

  1. Morning Marie, oncea gain you have given me some great places to go look at this morning...these cats look so cute, but i did laugh at the ways to make a bed etc All I need is to shake my duevet Tempura matress and Masy tucked behind me and that's my cosy bed !! And I don't really think we are any more unsafe than we were years ago it is just that there is so much publicity given to horrible things we can easily be hoodwinked into thinking things are scary not enough good news to balance things out.....as for PEANUT butter...does peanut butter = the devil himself !!!!just picture his red face and horns every time you open the jar sitting there grinning at you LOL
    HAve a Lovely day dear friend. Hope you dont get the snow we are forcast for it to arrive here in the night....fingers crossed it misses us as I desperately want my eyes tested in the morning and can't go if the roads are bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Marie,

    Once again I have a small mountain of thing to drool over. We have old furniture but I would never be allowed to paint it the white, creams and other soft colours I love. Our house is small and needs right and yet it is filled with the darkest of things, including mission brown cupboard doors.

    I like peanut butter on toast but that is about it these days. I rarely have it as it is one of the products that has plan oil in it. I cannot bear the thought that a chimp loses its habitat for oil. So now I buy peanut only brands...so expensive.

    I am keen to do some clutter removal and managed to empty two baskets of stuff today. It is going to be slow and hopefully steady winning the race here.

    I also hope that Aldi has those boxes or bins you want.

    God bless your day. Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Sybil, I just flip up the duvet and fluff the pillows! I hope we don't get any snow either. Although it is very cold here. xxoo

    Suzan, I would love to paint things white also, but Todd likes things just the way they are. God bless your day also. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to add my top bedding comment. Buy some pretty sheets. My last set came from Aldi and are lasting very well. It is so hot here that often I don't even sleep under a sheet but it so nice to have a lady like sheet and pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are VERY brave to try for TV--BRAVO--even if you didn't get chosen, that's a VERY BIG thing to even try! :o) FUN crafts today, Marie! LOVE the Christmas ornaments and those felt kitties!! And tiny fairy bedding... too CUTE! That pie looks dangerously good, not sure if I can handle making that--will want to eat it all. But your Salmon casserole--yes! ;o) HAPPY WEEK, my friend ((LOVE & BIG HUGS)) P.S. FUN to see Baxter too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pretty sheets and things Suzan! xx

    Thanks Tracy! I love Maple anything and would probably adore that pie, but my heart keeps saying I should make a raisin pie. What to do, what to do . . . You have a great week too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It became sort of a competition the cooking class....I shy away from that..Bad enough not getting picked when you are a kid..but older?:(
    Happy for them if they picked for height and hair color:)Shows great criteria for a cooking show..Oh my that soundy catty on my part..BTW cute cat ornaments..just wish they looked happier in a way:)
    I think you would have been great.
    I pinned that pie for one of my son in laws:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS your casserole is great for QC winters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear the news that you didn't get a place on that tv show. I'd have thought you'd be better than a doctor baking. But then people tastes are all so very different. This world is a scary place, but I'm so very thankful that right now here today is peace filled and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To be honest Monique and Pam, I am relieved after viewing the show. It's quite silly I think and I didn't really enjoy it. Mind you that was the first one so I will watch a few more to see how it develops. It would appeal more to a younger audiance I think, but then younger people are at work at the time it is on. So maybe younger unemployed people I guess. Anyways, I am kinda glad I didn't make the cut! Whew! It was a great experience anyways, and at their expense, so another plus!

    Turning cold and snowy here supposedly. We will see! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heardon a program that statistically speaking the world is a much safer place today than in the past. The media does a lot od fear mo geeing and it is in our face and up to date and live on the scene, all of which make it terrifying. Obviously, some people are more wicked than ever before, but some are more wonderful and kind than ever before too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree Anna! Far too much fear monger ing. I think we need to stop watching the news! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw w, another awesome daybook entry for you dear friend. You always lighten my mood. I loved all of the little projects; how you find them I don't know but I love that you share them.
    The recipes look so good. We are feeding the missionaries on Saturday and that Salmon recipe looks so good.
    I haven't read a mystery for a very long time; maybe I will do that with my next novel to read.
    The world isn't safe; but I just keep reminding myself that it is the signs of the times and our beloved Savior coming isn't too far away.
    Blessings for your thoughts and hugs too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like to remind myself of his imminent return also LeAnn! I am happy you are getting to feed the missionaries! Yay! It is always such a pleasure to have them in the home. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!