Tuesday 1 November 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . . .

 

FOR TODAY, November 1, 2016

Outside my window ...
Its dark and cool and misty.  Back home the air would smell like rotting leaves and burnt pumpkins.  Here it smells like rotting leaves, coal fire and spent fireworks.

I am thinking ...
How very much I appreciate that my daughter Eileen messages me every day.  I love that girl. (Well, I love all of my children.) This effort she makes to get in touch with me each day means the world to me.  She is the one of my children with the most challenges in her life and yet she still goes out of her way to contact me.  It makes me happy.  I think I would be really worried now if she didn't, it has become one of the highlights of my day!  But then again, she is really considerate and tells me if she is not going to be on.  Bless her.

In the Kitchen ...
 photo DSCN9502_zps2tmizz5n.jpg

If a picture says a thousand words, what is this picture telling you?  I hope it is telling you to cook!  Nigel's Potatoes.  Delicious!  Find them in The English Kitchen.

On my "To Cook" list ...
 

Squash and Cumin Soup with Cheesy Toasts.  From the people at Delicious.

Good to know ...



I am creating ...



Crochet grey sock boot cuffs.  Love these.  From Blog Lovin, a free pattern.

  

Easy Flannel Nightgown Pattern.  From Green Mom in the Burbs.

  

Little Fox Mittens.  From Ravelry.   There is a very small cost.

 

Striped hat.  A free pattern, also from Ravelry.

 

A simple bookbinding tutorial.  Mini Disney.   Looks quite simple.

 

Decorative Clips. No source, but they look fairly easy to make.

I am reading ...
 

My Name is Mary Sutter, by Robin Oliveira is an epic historical novel about a brilliant young woman's struggle to become a doctor during the American Civil War.

Mary Sutter, a brilliant young midwife, dreams of proving herself as capable as any man. But medical schools refuse to teach women. So when her heart is broken, she heads to Washington DC to tend the Civil War wounded. Assisted and encouraged by two surgeons, who both fall for her, and ignoring requests to return home to help her twin sister give birth, Mary pursues her dream of becoming a surgeon and saving lives - no matter the cost to herself or those she loves and no matter the harrowing conditions she has yet to face.

I love historical based fiction.   this is a courageous epic, mixed with a fearless heroine and a bit of romance thrown in for good measure.

I am looking forward to ...
Not much happening this week bar the same old same old.  But that is good too.  Looking forward to a somewhat quiet week.

Dreaming about ...
  

Neutral Paint Colours . . . 



Rustic Tables  . . .

 

A silver looking glass  . . .



Gingerbread creations  . . .



A pig doll  . . .



Vintage chrome  . . .

Something to Watch ...



I love it  . . .  yes, I am a nostalgic dinosaur . . .

A favourite quote for the day  ...

(¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸.
                     ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“`
                                        * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

It isn't what we say or think that defines us, but  what we do.
~Jane Austin

Makes me smile ...
 

Two little tricksters.  Maryn and Cameron.  Love.  Love . . .
 Looks like someone has lost a tooth?  I could be wrong.

One of my favourite things  ...
 

Music from the Fab Four.  It defines my growing up years.

 Corners of my Kingdom ...

 

Lovingly nicknamed the "Gerkin," this is  one of the most eye catching buildings in the city of London.  30 St Mary Axe is a commercial skyscraper in London's primary financial district.  When we lived down South and would travel into London on the Train, it was something I always got excited when we saw it because I knew our Adventure was about to begin. I love London . . .


And that's my daybook for this week!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


6 comments:

  1. And what a day book! I have been given a huge squash and am going to make some soup today. Thanks for your recipe. Love squash soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda. I love Squash too. When I was a child I was not overly fond. I had to grow up before I recognised its finer qualities! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Marie,

    Today I am oh so very tired. I have been to the doctor and don't have to go back for a week. MY liver enzymes have come down by about 75% since I have returned from hospital. So that is all to the good.

    I love the pint pallette you have shown. So soothing. Little people out enjoying themselves are so much fun.

    Bless your darling for making an effort to connect with you. Now I ask God to pour his blessings on you and Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Susan! I pray you get the rest you need, but am happy that your liver enzymes have come down so well! Yay!! God bless you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your delicious potatoes on IG..yum..
    How sweet the Littles and your loving daughter!
    It must actually make your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are the tastiest potatoes Monique, and relatively low in fat as well! Not like the potato gratins you have loaded with butter and cream.! It does make my day the littles and my girl. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!