Tuesday 29 November 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .


 

FOR TODAY, November 29, 2016

Outside My Window ...
Its dark and cold.  -3 to be exact.  I am not sure what that is in farenheight, but its below zero here!  Brrrr....  winter has arrived.

I am thinking ...
How did we get to the end of November?  This year has whizzed by far too quickly!

In the Kitchen ...



A Traditional Toad in the Hole.  For two people.  Crispy bacon wrapped sausages baked in a yorkshire pudding and served with gravy, mash and veg.   Comfort food.

 On my "To Cook" list ...
 





















Sunday Chocolate Cake.  From Cookies and Cups.  This looks like a good Chocolate Cake. Mind ... any chocolate cake looks good to me!

Good to know ...
  

Seven Stir Fry Sauces from Sweet Peas and Saffron.  These could come in really handy.

 I am creating ...



From Planet June.  A free pattern for a crochet mini wreath Christmas tree ornament.

  

I love, LOVE everything about this knit ribbed cardigan.  From Red Heart UK.  I love the 3/4 length sleeves, the assymetrical front, the big buttons.   Its a winner all round!   Free pattern.  Love the collar also.

 

I would love to knit this for Todd.  He gets so cold in the Winter and we  have discovered that somehow he has lost his winter dress coat for Church.  I suspect he left it at church and it has been thrown away when they had the Spring Clear out.  😭   Pattern is from Annies, but not available, so I will keep searching for one that is.  Darn, darn, darn  . . .



 A mini Suitcase from Helene Dalmar miniatures.  A complete Tutorial.  My Beacon Hill.

 

Crochet Santa Hat Decorations.  These would be great covers for Ferraro Rocher Chocolates.  Yum!  Cute!   Again, I can't find the pattern.  Sigh  . . .

 

Fab and Free, free printable Recipe Binder in three colour options.

I am reading ... 
  

A Spool of Blue Thread, by Anne Tyler



This novel is a portrait of the Whitshank family across several generations. Denny, 19 when the story starts, something of a prodigal son, is reminiscent in his charming, maddening, potentially delinquent way – balanced bewilderingly yet convincingly between helpfulness and fecklessness – of Jack, the returning bad lot in Marilynne Robinson’s Home. Tyler is in the top rank of American writers, and moments in this novel have an affinity with Canada’s Alice Munro too. But what she has that neither Robinson nor Munro possess to the same degree is an irrepressible sense of the comedy beneath even the most melancholy surface – or sometimes peeking just above it – in human affairs.

Just beginning and not sure if I like it or not yet.

I am looking forward to ...
We are having the last set of Elders for supper on Thursday.  Looking forward to that.  They are not as long appointments as they used to be however.  The Mission President has said that they are to be from 5 pm to 6 pm and that they need to be out and working by 6 pm on the dot.  This means they are not getting a lot of tea appointments at present because most people are just getting home from work at 6.  Sad but true.

Dreaming about ...
  

Advent Candles . . .  has been many a year since I have done them . . .



Pretty and loose braids/plaits . . .  with I could see to the back of my head, but alas, I cannot  . . .



 Toasty Toes  . . .

 

Apple Pies  . . . pretty as a picture  . . .



 Frosty rose-hips  . . .

Something to watch ... 
 

 A Charlie Brown Christmas, The Bishops Wife,  Miracle on 34th Street, Its a Wonderful Life, White Christmas, The Santa Claus  . . .  The Family Man.  I love Christmas films . . .

A favourite quote for the day  ...
 (¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸.
                     ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“`
                                        * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

Never dim anyone's light so you can shine . . .
Just shine . . .


 Makes me smile ...
 

Oh, I would love a kitten  . . .

One of my favourite things  ...
 

I wish you could actually look in here and see your reflection because its YOU!  yep!

Corners of My Kingdom ...
 

The Lost Gardens of Heligan, Cornwall . . .  on my bucket-list for sure ...


And that's my daybook for this week!

 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
 ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


 And I do too!
 

5 comments:

  1. I love your wee pictures this morning Marie.you are so good writing up your blog every morning, thank you....I wish I could help with a pattern like that one for Todd but I threw all my dozens and dozens of patterns out a long time ago as I havnt knitted for a long time. I find my fingers get so stiff after knitting for even a short time, it's a pity as I loved knitting especially Arran patterns....love. The wee kitten peeping out from under the due et...bet all cats would like to be doing that this morning..and dogs to for that mater LOL...it would be nice for you to get a wee kitten, why don't you ? I'm sure Mitzie would very soon get used to it. Masy gets on good with Marys Amber, he is in here more than his own home these days !...anyway whatever you might be doing today..especially entertaining the missionaries enjoy every God sent minute..love and hugs winging their way to you Todd and Mitzie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite sure my Nimbus would oblige at being the cat in the bed. She has always loved snuggling down. I agree kittens are gorgeous. I love those patterns too. So snuggly. I am knitting like crazy at present. I wonder why>

    I feel for the young men and women who give up their time to serve their church. It must be great training in resilience. People can be so rude, Enjoy your meal.

    God bless you today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful chocolate cake, knitting, gardens and goings on. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your Todd would look so good in that vest..and a red one for Christmas.

    It's funny we are under the metric system..but I learned the other way..and it's imprinted in my brain.I can't change it seems..

    The little ornaments are adorable.

    Marie..for the braid..(I still wear them) Just sit..you don't even need a mirror althiugh it is helpful to make sure you are not leaving bumps on top or at the side of your head..put our arms over your head..take three strands..

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2ru7d9yDWo

    This girl explains it well..

    what I can say..is make believe..you are standing in back of your head..french braiding your hair as if it was soemoene elses.. ..that's what works for me..since 40 years..I learned to do my dauughters and then tried on me.
    I must say it was prettier face on when I was younger..now I like it w/ a hat..a straw hat or a baseball cap..
    Don't know why..

    I still love it.

    Good luck..it's just practice practice..
    Every time I see a little girl w/ french braids..I go back in time and see my daughters:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sybil! Todd won't have a cat because of the furniture, :-(. It has been very cold here today. Brrr...I hope you and Mary are staying warm! Xoxo

    If this past week is anything to judge by Suzan you I'll need all your woolies come January! Can't wait to finally meet! Xoxo

    Thanks Linda! Xoxo

    Thanks Monique! I will give it a go! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!