Saturday 12 November 2016

Saturday smiles . . .



via GIPHY

This little guy made me smile big time this morning.   He's knitting up love and from where I am sitting this is something there needs to be a lot more of . . .  smiles and love.  There can never be too much of smiles and love.  Thanks for posting this on FB Suzan! 

What the world needs now is love, sweet love.  And lots of smiles.

 

Yesterday I had my appointment at the hospital with the Gastroenterologist.  I have been discharged from hospital care now.  Yay!  A year of worrying about what was wrong is finished!  They couldn't find anything.   I do have to keep having blood tests but what the hey, that is nothing.   Smile number two!



Yesterday we celebrated our sixteenth Wedding Anniversary.  Sixteen years have just flown by.   It doesn't seem like yesterday that we were getting married.   We were both too tired to go out and so we just celebrated it here at home after spending the day in the hospital what with my appointment and blood tests, etc.  We stopped at the grocery store on the way home and I picked up two ready meals for us to enjoy.  Beef stew with suet dumplings and a couple of really nice yogurts, and two custard tarts for Todd.  He loves those.  It was all delicious so we were happy with that.    We also had to go to the pet store and pick up some low fat dog food for Mitzie.  Her chicken and rice days are over for now.  The Vet says we really need to get her weight off. 

 

We picked up a bag of dry 25% less fat food and a deer antler.   I  had my doubts as to whether she would eat the food or not.  Smile number three, she gobbled it up, both last night and this morning.  Whew!  Oh she has chosen to totally ignore the deer antler, but maybe one day she will enjoy it.   I was really pleased however that she is eating the food.   Salmon and Sweet Potato, Dr BeWell.  Hooray!

 

Another smile came in the shape of a conversation I had last evening with my daughter Eileen and my sister Cindy.  Eileen is trying hard to raise money so that she and Tim can come over here next year.  She has been wanting ideas on how to do that.  I posted her one of my calendars and some prints for her to raffle off and my sister is going to help get her started on making some of these simple Christmas Ornaments to sell, etc. and she will make sure that Eileen charges a fair price for them and doesn't just give them away.  If we had thought of this earlier, she could have booked a table at a craft show, but we didn't and it is too late for this year.  But I am very happy that Eileen and Cindy are going to do this.   It is hard with me being so far away for me to do much to help.  I am so grateful for a sister who is so willing to take an interest in this.   Thank you so much Cindy! What a blessing!



On the way home yesterday we also stopped off to tell Doreen about Todd.  She is one of his oldest friends and we did not want her to hear the news from anyone else.   She was upset of course.   But I think we had her smiling by the time we left.  We got home to the drive and were getting out of the car when I realized I had left my purse at Doreens.  Todd was so tired he didn't want to drive back and so I started to walk back, and yay, there was Billy in his car with my purse!  I was very grateful for that!  It saved me a long walk.  God is good.

 

We were both so tired at the end of the day yesterday that we were in bed by 8:30 last night.   Todd had not slept well for a couple of nights and one of the side effects of the Hormone treatments is that he will feel more tired.  I think too, the emotional strain of the past few days was catching up with us.   I slept like a top and I am hoping that he did also.   Now today he has to go into town to have his eyes tested.  He says they are getting blurrier and it is not long since he had new glasses, but he did have the start of a cataract so maybe it has gotten worse.   It is miserable out there this morning . . .  windy and rainy . . . thankfully the Spec Savers is not far from the bus stop.  With any luck it will have stopped raining by then anyways.

 Oh, and the Winter Fuel Payment is in from the Goverment.  Yay!  I think we are going to need it this year as they say we are in for a very cold winter!

Oh and another smile  . . .  this years Christmas Adverts for all the major chains are up.




John Lewis for the win!  Love this.   Makes me smile. 

Have a great Saturday people!  Be happy and  . . .



Smile! 

 photo SAM_4592_zpsf97561aa.jpg

In the English Kitchen today  . . . Fudgy Vanilla Tray Bake.


Have a great Saturday.  Whatever you get up to don't forget  . . .


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


13 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. I understand so very tired. I hope that Todd has had a great sleep and feels a little better today. It was so sweet of your friend to bring your purse home to you. It is smile worthy. Great news about you too.

    Today my facebook feed has had lots of knitted beings doing loving things appearing on it. I they fill your face book too.

    Today was hot and very muggy. We had a ripsnorter of a storm. The sky was green but we did not get hail. I am thankful for that and the 30 ml or so of rain that poured down in a short time frame. The only damage I think we have was a small leak from an old skylight!

    God bless you both today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd had a great night's sleep Suzan. He awoke feeling really afreshed. He has gone in for his eye appointment now. I love the little knitting gifs. They are so cute! I am sorry it is hot and muggy there. Usually in Canada a green sky means a tornado! Yikes! God bless you. Love and hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green skies could bring a tornado too. Fortunately they are rare here. But hail is another question. When I was a little girl a stone went through by bedroom ceiling and it was about8 inches across. Dad kept it in the freezer for years....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news for you on that doctors report! You do have a lot to be thankful for !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yahoo..one bridge crossed..now the next!
    He has his cheerleader..what more could someone ask for..later in life we see the true importance of a caring partner:)
    That little gnome knitting♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch Suzan, a stone like that could kill a person! Glad you were safe! xoxo

    Thanks Pam, and yes, I surely do! xoxo

    Thanks Monique! I love the little knitting gnome. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marie, yes. I'm home once again after a lovely cruise visiting quite a few of the Canarie Islands all nice in there own ways each different. If I had to have a fav. It would have to be Maderia it is so green and fresh BUT I'm sorry for anyone disabled there as ALL the streets are like mini mountains, even in the capital City. We had a wonderful mini bus specially converted for us wheelchair users so our four friends were with us for all our trips of ship...the weather was better than it has been here for sure although only three really hot days when we were able to sit out for long periods out on deck..The service on P O was not a patch on Royal Caribbean so that was a dissapointment, this was especially so in the dining rooms the staff were not at all friendly and the food was not as good or varied as it should have been...but that aside it was a great holiday....Mary came back after having three accupincture appointments and using a special cream to try to remove the dry skin and a special moisturiser with her face looking and feeling wonderful..I have rarely seen her look better. When we think how much we have spent on every conceivable cream, lotions etc and even paying a lot of money to see a dermatologist..we are just amazed and delighted...I just pray it continues to keep as it is now......I am now going to try to reed back a few days of your journal not sure if I will get back 14 days !! But I will see xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Marie, Just to let you know that you and yours are always in my prayers oxoxoxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy that you are back Sybil and that you and Mary enjoyed your little break despite all of the hiccups. They say we have to try something to know if it works and you have learned that PO isn't as good as Royal Caribbean. I am intrigued about Mary's skin treatments! Love and hugs! xoxo

    Thanks so much Cathyjo! Much appreciated xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You be happy sweet Marie! I loved all your smiles today. I am so happy you are discharged from hospital care and that they didn't find anything. I know you are concerned about Todd; but I think he will do great on the treatments and will be totally well again.
    I am happy you had a good Anniversary. Personally, I love our at home dates; which we do a lot.
    We need to put our poor Sammy on a diet too. I think my hubby gives him way too many treats which is really just a few bits of his dog food.
    The dog photo was so cute! LOL~ I think it is awesome that your sister is helping your daughter earn money to come for a visit; that is the best.
    I am glad you got a good night sleep; I need that right now for sure. We must make it to bed early tonight.
    Sending love and hugs your way~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much LeAnn! Our Mitzie was getting entirely too many treats, and of course we were feeding her human food not dog food because she is such a spoiled pooch. She is very upset with us now and with every right. We done her wrong. In any case she is having to eat the low fat food and no treats at all and she is very stroppy at the moment! Love and hugs and blessings to you also. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!