Wednesday 23 November 2016

Wednesday This and That

 

I have always been a person who has a difficult time with change, which makes me kind of an enigma really, because I have always been  quite pro-active when it comes to moving forward.  I don't necessarily like change . . .  but I deal with it and move on.

I wasn't too happy this morning when I logged onto blogger and discovered that the way of doing things has changed somewhat.  I thought to myself  . . . . oh no, here we go again.  Another learning curve.  👵  Change can sometimes be difficult for the older, grey and wrinklies.  (I am liking the new emojies though.  Is that what you call them?)

But where is my reading list?   Ackkk!!



Pictures seem to be uploading alot easier however, so that is a good thing.  And I opened my eyes this morning, another good thing.  And the best thing of all  (Pinch me am I dreaming) the realisation that my sister/friend/kindred spirit friends Suzan and Valerie will be both coming to the UK in 2017.  Suzan in January and Valerie in May.   I cannot wait!!!  To finally be able to meet in person will just be wow.  😁  Here is me grinning all over the place.

Valerie's son did his mission here in Chester.  We had no idea at the time that Elder Hanchett was her son, or that we were her son's Rayner family.  Funny how that goes.  But probably meant to be.

I am going to try to get into the Doctors today so that my grateful heart can have a check over.  I am feeling really anxious about these heart thingies.  Best to be safe rather than sorry.  With all that is going on with Todd at the moment, I cannot afford to be ill myself.  He needs me.



 I spent some of yesterday afternoon, closeted in my craft room all by myself, chatting to my sister on FB while I played with my glue gun and did a few bits and bobs.   It was a great distraction.  With only three weeks to go now on our Mission and Todd feeling so tired, the work has slowed down a great deal.   He finds that if we don't get things done in the morning, they don't get done at all.  Who knew that female hormones would have such an effect on a person.   Last night I fell asleep during the Big Bang Theory only to be awakened by him snoring in the chair next to me.  I usually get woken up by him saying . . .  "Are you asleep?"  or  "Wake up!"

We both went to bed at 8:30.  The price of him not having a nap in the afternoon.  Afternoon naps are going to be a thing for the next few months I think.  Not for me, but for him.

I could never nap in the daytime.  I would never sleep at night if I did.



Things have a way of working out one way or the other.  They always do.  And if you don't get the result you wanted to get, it is probably for the best in the long run. There is a meaning and a purpose to everything.  I know that to be true.  Life has proven it to me.  Perhaps a lesson needs to be learned, or experience needs to be had, growth needed, etc.   Its all in the Lord's timing and sometimes the most answered prayers of all are the ones we think we didn't get an answer to.  (If that makes sense.)  It is still hard to understand sometimes though  . . .  why certain things happen, and why bad things happen to good people . . . but I guess it is all a part of enduring to the end.  Faith isn't faith unless you have to cling to the edges of the boat in a storm, or . . .  and this is a biggie . . .  unless sometimes you are willing to get out of the boat altogether.  That is the hardest thing of all . . .  that and losing sight of the shore.  You just have to believe that the shore is still there . . . and that you can walk on water if you just keep going and stay focused on the things which are important.

Right now the important thing is getting Todd well again and staying well myself.  I started thinking yesterday that perhaps we might  not put a tree up this year, but then in the next breath I thought that keeping things as normal as possible is the best way to go and so I will try to do just that.  In truth sometimes though, I do long for my mother's lap to curl up in.

Don't we all.



So yeh . . .  change is hard, but we adapt because it beats the alternative.  I will not, no never, not ever   . . . I will not ever give up.  And lookie here.  We have a blog post on the right blog with pictures and everything.  And tomorrow it will be a little bit easier.  And the next day easier still, because  . . .  that is how it works.  This moving forward business.  Each step/day/challenge . . .  brings us closer to the light at the end of the tunnel, and we always emerge better than we were when we entered it.  Or at least we can be if we allow ourselves.

 

And that's the truth.  Pffftttt!


A thought to carry with you through the day.


 ⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰
We can do hard things.
~Sister Elaine S Dalton
 ⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰

Spiritual Enlightenment



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Sausage with Autumn Mash.  Scrummy yummy!

Have a fabulous Wednesday.   Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow to all of my American Friends.  Don't stress it!  Just enjoy!  Don't forget!!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!!



10 comments:

  1. I don't like too many changes either, maybe it comes with the older-territory. Was very happy though with the changes on blogger. Much easier to read other blogs now on my tablet, though still easy for me press wrong buttons. I published a post three times or maybe more this morning and then ended up with versions of it.
    I love siestas. It always seem strange back in NZ to find people shopping at 3 in the afternoon.
    Take it easy. Keep cooking and blogging and have faith! Love English sausages. So much nicer than greek country sausages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right Linda! I wish I could enjoy a nap sometimes, but as an insomniac I don't dare risk them! Thanks for your lovely comments. I have never eaten a Greek sausage and now I am thinking I might not! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie, thank goodness you don't quit doing your blog, whatever would we do without you....I'm afraid I am not good these at change especially with anything teccy..I don't know why but although I read instructions I'm just as confused at the end as I was when I started reading them. To think years ago I was the one that everyone came to to have things sorted..TVs no bother, Cameras, a dawdle,in fact anything like that was no trouble at all....but now.....I've been trying to get my video recorder thing to work can I ? No way. One day I will have to get Peter to look at it for me and see if he can sort it!!!......thankfully I can have a wee nap at anytime of the day, it never prevents me sleeping at night, so nap I do.....or as I explain to Mary I'm just resting my eyes LOL......have a lovely day dear friend. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What we do without you? I look forward to reading your words each day. It is a blessing for me.

    Poor Todd I feel for him. Treatment is not easy and I admire those who go through this challenge. But Todd has a great companion who will nurture him and care for his needs.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here..I saw Blogger and thought..ack where are my lists?

    My blogs I follow..thank goodness I found them..

    You two have been such troopers with your mission..

    good idea to get checked..

    As for things always happening for a reason..I used to believe in that and tell everyone so..Now I am iffy about it..Quite iffy.
    I think it can be acceptable if it's not something that has to do with death..illness..pain..things like ALS and all the other degenerative diseases..I see so many children and young adults in wheelchairs with head restraints:(There is so much suffering out there.
    I never knew there was that much.
    Babies..children..that are so sick..people reaching a certain age..take 90 w/ breast cancer:(

    Oh my list goes on and on.
    I do believe and I do pray..but a lesson in everything is very hard to see..when families are stricken with life changing events:(

    I will reread your words LOL to get off this tangent.


    Hope your test went well..and I know you will enjoy meeting your friends SO MUCH..Great things to look forward to:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sybil, I wish like You I could fall asleep so easily. I have a hard time turning off my brain. In fact as soon as I open my eyes in the morning it is off and running! Todd always says, why don't I have a lie in, I just can't once my eyes are open I am up! xoxo

    Thanks Suzan. I something think I spout a lot of drivel. I never know what is going to come out on the odd days that I am not doing a daybook, favourite things, etc. I just write what is on my mind. The fact that anyone at all wants to read it still amazes me. xoxo

    I used to think like that Monique and then I started to think about it in another way. I don't know how we would never learn to be compassionate or to serve others if there was not illness or strife in the world. These negative things give us an opportunity to serve others and for growth, and a chance to be inspired. And yes, somethings just don't seem fair at all. Like children with cancer. My faith helps me a great deal however. I know that this life is not all that there is and that something much better awaits us. I believe in the eternal nature of families and I also believe that children who die go directly into the presence of our Heavenly Father. We live in a fallen world and a part of living in that world is all the negative things which we see as being unfair and not so nice. Oh, it is a deep doctrine and maybe hard to understand. I, too, wish that nothing bad ever had to happen to anyone, but it does and I suppose my faith helps me to sort it out in my heart and hopefully become a better me in the trying to help. I don't know for sure, but the thoughts make me feel better about things and help me cope. Maybe I am living in lala land! ((((hugs)))) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are not living in lalaland:)
    Your faith is so strong..I have mentioned that to you before:)
    It can move mountains:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marie!

    I love your blog, it's the catching up when I have been absent that Is hard. I want to read every word that I have missed!

    I loved your thoughts today. Faith is hard for most people, change is hard for most people, but somehow we keep putting one foot in front if the other and we move on. You and your sweetheart will be in my prayers, health problems are always scary. I love how you handle your issues by just keeping on!

    We will be celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, and you are on my list for people I am thankful for. Please give all the missionaries from the states hugs...they will be missing their families a little more than usual tomorrow. Do,you know, Elder Androti? He is from my daughter's ward, here in the states, he is a wonderful young man.

    Take care, loved catching up with you!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be praying for you both. I hope all is well with your heart. Stress can cause a multitude of problems and.I think you have had quite a bit of that. Health problems are part of life but non the less scary.
    I love that you coul have a good visit with your sister.
    Blessings and hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Monique! Love you! They say faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains! xoxo

    Thanks Barb! Your prayers are appreciated. I have always felt that the only way to get through anything it to just keep putting one foot in front of the other. The name Elder Androti does not sound familiar. Which are is he serving in? I will give all the sisters good hugs, and the elders good cookies. (Hugs for elders not allowed.) lol xoxo

    Thanks LeAnn! I hope that your MRI results are the ones you want and need. Praying for you also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!