Tuesday 22 November 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .



FOR TODAY, November 22, 2016

Outside my window ...
Its cold, dark and wet.  We had tons of rain yesterday and sleet.  It was a nasty day.  Not fit for man nor beast.  Was lovely to be tucked up all warm inside the house with nowhere to go.  Suited us perfectly.

I am thinking ...
I still get those twinges in my chest area.   Very disconcerting.   I know they are anxiety.  They have never been able to find a cause for them.  But they un-nerve me and I start to get really anxious and can't sleep.  Its not that I am afraid to die, because I am not.  Its just I am not quite ready to go yet.  Todd needs me.

In the Kitchen ...


Curried Harvest Bisque.  This is the perfect soup for autumn and to serve as a first course for any holiday meal.  Its light and beautifully flavoured.  I made little oak leaf and turky croutons to float on top!

On my "To Cook" list ...

 

Cheese Ball Bites.  These look perfect for the holidays.  Bacon  . . . .  they are rolled in bacon.  From Delish.

Good to Know ...



I can handle most of these except for the fish oil.  I am reminded of having to take cod liver oil as a child.  They gave it to you at school.  Blech!

I am creating ...
 

Pom Pom Fairy Garland.  So cute.  From Fun Crafts Kids.

 

Yarn PomPom Cupcake Garland.  From Cupcake Wishes and Birthday Dreams.  Adorable!

 

Cupcake Liner Christmas Tree garland.  So cute and so easy.  From One Perfect Day.

 

Another type of Christmas Tree Garland.  From Everything Under the Moon.  Sedate.  Calm.  Easy.

 

Peeping Gingerbread Boot Cuffs.  Adorable.  Simple.  From Ravelry.  There is a small charge.

I am reading ...


The Snow Child, by Eowyn Ivey
Alaska, the 1920s. Jack and Mabel have staked everything on a fresh start in a remote homestead, but the wilderness is a stark place, and Mabel is haunted by the baby she lost many years before. When a little girl appears mysteriously on their land, each is filled with wonder, but also foreboding: is she what she seems, and can they find room in their hearts for her?

Written with the clarity and vividness of the Russian fairy tale from which it takes its inspiration, The Snow Child is an instant classic. You are right in thinking this is a re-read. I love this book. I loved it the first time I read it and I am loving it again. I am still struggling to find a new book to read that captures my interest.

I am looking forward to ...
Having the Elders over for supper later in the week.

Dreaming About ...
 

Having a laundry room  . . .  can you imagine?  I had one once.  Loving the washer and dryer.
Just having a dryer would be nice . . .



Lots of space to work in and look at that window . . .

 

A library beneath the stairs  . . .



Couch Arm Wraps.  A brilliant idea . . .

 

One step further.  Both from Etsy.

Something to watch ...
 

Gilmore Girls, A Year In The Life.  Can't wait! Three more sleeps.

A favourite Quote for the day  ...

 

Makes me smile ...

 

Baby Hedgehogs  . . .

One of my favourite things ...
  

Cheerios.  In fact, I think I'll have a bowl of them for breakfast.

Corners of my Kingdom ...
 

Land's End Cornwall . . .

Poldark country is Cornwall.


And that's my daybook for this week!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
 ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


 Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


 And I do too!


4 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie, I am very late today. I was up very early and then had a nap and the afternoon hsa been busy. Three more Christmas cakes are in the oven. They will come out soon.

    God bless you today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm . . . Suzan, Christmas Cakes. Someone's in for a real treat! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute things!
    Marie..I had a front loader washing machine..HATED it..and it broke soon after and the repair bill would have been over the top..Went back to my Sears heavy duty top loader♥
    What you describe re your heart..:( It could very well be stress..some even say it's so shrp it feels like a heart attack.You have a lot on your mind:(

    THinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Monique, I am sure it is stress. But I am going to make an appointment with the Doctor just in case. All washing machines over here are front loading. Very strange. They lock as soon as you turn the on! No adding that extra sock you discover in the bottom of the basket once the wash starts! Annyoing! I miss North American washing machines. They are much larger for one thing and the cycles are half the time. The shortest I can get here is about 1 1/4 hours. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!