Sunday 20 November 2016

All is well . . .

 


Early morning chats with oldest sons, facetime chats with middle sons and birthday boys, FB chats with an oldest daughter, evening cuddles with a fur ball and a man suffering from PMS, The Crown on Netflix, fish suppers with tartar sauce . . .




Beans on toast, wrapping Christmas gifts in solitude with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir playing in the background, watching the fish swim in the tank . . . cleaning off the old nailpolish, trimming my nails and painting on a new colour, dark cherry black, and loving it . . . with Inspector George Gently on the telly.

 


New bright pink socks for plantar fasciatis that hurt my feet, but look so pretty . . .  getting not one but two new posts on the Susan Branch Blog  . . .  and then feeling sad because people are being mean to her . . . why can't people just agree to disagree.  It doesn't have to hurt . . . just play nice.

 

Carrot eating hamsters, raccoons eating grapes . . . Le Holiday Feast with 13 dogs and a cat . . .  cheez-its, tinned peaches and cornbread, frosty diet cokes . . . white hot chocolates . . . stollen bites, getting down with my homies the Gilmore Girls . . .

 

A thank-you gift set of two Denby espresso cups and saucers, I don't drink coffee but they're cute and will make great props . . . Kentish Cobnut Honey and chocolate slabs sprinkled with the same . . . wedges of Blackstick's Blue, sloe gin and plum preserves . . . and two new cookery books, all the perks of food blogging . . .

 

Christmas cakes and Christmas puddings . . .  puttering in the craft room . . . pompom garlands . . . gingerbread men garlands . . . cinnamon stick Santas . . . feeling my crafty mojo return . . . finding out that my missing puffy yellow felt Christmas star with a face ended up wrapped in my grandson's birthday pressie, a stowaway that brought a smile to both our faces . . . some accidents are meant to happen . . .

Life is filled with ever so much good making the sad things not so sad afterall  . . .

 

Why am I joyful?   How is it that I am surrounded by peace in a world filled with chaos?  What gives my life purpose and meaning?  Where is the anchor for my soul?  Be still and know that I am God.  Knowing God.  It makes all the difference in the world and helps me to find joy, and peace, and a safe harbour for my soul.  

 


It is well, it is well with my soul . . .

"Come unto me,  all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28–30)

 

In the  English Kitchen today  . . .  Vanilla Breakfast Cornbread.  So delicious.


Have a great Sunday.   Be happy.  Be safe.  Be blessed.  Don't forget  . . .


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


5 comments:

  1. That was a lovely start to our Sunday, thanks Marie....Mary and I are away to church shortly. Mary is coming with me today as she hasn't got a lift to her church.....we welcome her always. Other than church I think today will be a quiet lazy one !....might even get the Christmas cards out and make a start. I notice that I'm much to late to post my overseas cards by snail mail ..not sure what I will do about that as sending air mail is so costly, but on the other hand I don't like not sending extra love at this special time...Hope you and Todd have a lovely day, doing just whatever you feel like doing....God Bless xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today has felt like the beginning of Christmas. My knitting group had a break up party and it was fun. The fruit had been soaked and now we have two gift cakes made. Every year we give cakes to certain people. I have found some gifts that were packed away. I might just be ready for Christmas and I have even have some Christmas cards from last year.

    God bless you and Todd always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very sweet post about lovely thoughts and gratitude..Tood and PMS?
    I don't get Susan's posts ..a glitch somewhere..will go see..if people are being mean it can only mean one thing..envy.:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again..I spoke too fast..politics:(
    I have seen quite a few arguments on blogs:(
    I have seen couples against each other..best friends.
    It has certainly been a very different election..that's all I am saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sybil! I hope you enjoyed your service. It was ouru children's Sunday School presentation where they take over the sacrament meeting and show us what they have been learning for the past year. We love it. They are always so sweet. We have been relaxing since we got home from church. Having a blessedly simple Sunday. xoxo

    I am so glad Suzan! Lets hope this is the start of something good. xoxo

    It's the female hormones Monique. They are giving him PMS. lol It is strange but true. He is grumpy and moody and tired. But so long as they work and do what they are supposed to do, that's what counts! Yes, politics. Bad stuff. I just think it all needs to be put aside. Nobody has changed. They are still the same people we loved before. It shouldn't matter. I loved Susan before. I love her now. Love and hugs! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! You would love the demi tasse cups. They are so cute. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!