Tuesday 15 November 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .



FOR TODAY, November 15, 2015

Outside my window ...
It's cold and dark, but I did get to see the Super Moon early last evening. Yay!   I did not think we were going to be able to see it as the weather has been so poor and the skies so overcast, so that was a real bonus!

I am thinking ...
My heart broke a tiny bit last night.  I was talking to my eldest daughter on FB and wanted to share a really nice video with her that I had watched.  It was one of the Mormon Messages, but it wasn't a proselyting one.  Just a nice one about the Saviour.  She refused to watch it.  It hurts my feelings that I can't share even something which is simply nice with my children without them thinking I have an ulterior motive. 

In the kitchen ...
  photo SAM_1580_zps6fbf4133.jpg

Spiced Baked Chicken Quarters.  Delicious!

 On my "To Cook" list ...
 

Cinnamon Walnut Shortbread Cookies from Renee's Kitchen Adventures. I love shortbreads and this is the season for baking them!

Good to know ...
  

How to remove a popcorn ceiling.  From Instructables.

I am creating ...
  

Easy Peasy Snowmen using clothespins, pompoms and a bit of paint.  From Easy Peasy and Fun.

  

Corner Cabinets made from Old Bread Bins.   Beautiful DIY. 

  

Crochet Cupcake Hat.  From Jenni Designs.  A free pattern.

 

A beautiful knitted hat.    I love this,  from Ravelry.  Another free pattern.



 Love this mini album.  From Maja Design.



 

Snow Globe Terrariums.   Lights 4 Fun.  I really like these.

I am reading ...
  

The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey

Alaska, the 1920s. Jack and Mabel have staked everything on a fresh start in a remote homestead, but the wilderness is a stark place, and Mabel is haunted by the baby she lost many years before. When a little girl appears mysteriously on their land, each is filled with wonder, but also foreboding: is she what she seems, and can they find room in their hearts for her?

Written with the clarity and vividness of the Russian fairy tale from which it takes its inspiration, The Snow Child is an instant classic.

You are right in thinking this is a re-read.  I love this book.   I loved it the first time I read it and I am loving it again.

I am looking forward to ...
Having the Sisters over for supper on Thursday.  What will I cook.  We shall see . . .

Dreaming about ...

 

Patchwork sweater trims  . . .



Ceramic bangles  . . .

 

Stacking Butterfly Rings  . . .  love  . . .



Forest girl style  . . .  ahh to be thin  . . .  and young  . . .

 

Those boots  . . .

Something to Watch ...



The Missing Series 2.  It is compelling viewing.   Each week I can't wait to see the next episode . . .

A favourite quote for the day ...

(¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸.
                     ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“`
                                        * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..





Makes me smile ...
 

Baaa . . .

One of my favourite things  ...





Receiving and sending out letters . . .

Corners of my kingdom ...



Llanddwyn, Anglesey.  In Wales at the North West coast.  About 2 hours from me.  Anglesey is on my bucket list . . .


And that's my daybook for this week!

  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
 ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


 And I do too!


12 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. My internet is so slow and won't load pictures today. Woe is me (not really).

    Beth and I have spent the afternoon with a travel agent trying to construct an itinerary that suits us both.

    Enjoy your day and God bless you now and forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you in January Suzan! Yipee! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marie, you're not having a good week on FB. Technology is amazing but it can still break our hearts. The thing is you know she's been brainwashed about certain things but she still loves you very much, she still talks to you regularly so obviously misses you very much too. Difficult though it is you just have to ignore or accept the horrible bits and cherish the good bits. You'll also be super sensitive at the moment with everything that's going on and this will make things feel much worse. But be reassured, she knows you would never, ever hurt her in any way whatsoever. Everybody knows.

    As always you're in my prayers. Sending you lots of love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate you are very wise. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope there is a great day ahead for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kate, I agree with a lot of what you have said. I know my feelings are very tender at the moment. Thanks for your love and prayers. xoxo

    Thanks Pam! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the patchwork trim:)
    A friend gave me an album similar to the one you show..when my Littles were Littler:) Idi find how to make them and it is fun!
    I read the Snow Child..LOve the dress.I could live in those and butterfly rings:)Cute cute cute..and boots? My weak spot..w/ flipflops..LOL no in between it seems..althought I saw the cutest shoes that look like patchworkd..Rockport Cobb Hill cross strap on top..so cute in person..

    Oh Marie..re your daughter..perhaps she has her convictions..or none..and I think ..I am saying this honestly and respectfully..I think that the subject is like politics..and often people say..don't talk about those things..:(
    I have heard those words over and over again..
    I am sure she loves you too:) Just stubborn;)Maybe..with her own beliefs.
    Have a good good day Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post, Marie; I've always had a soft spot for Kipling. My mother had that `Midwinter'? pattern (corner cupboard) china; I've still got some of it, lurking somewhere. Good to see familiar things which bring back memories.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe after Christmas I will have a chance to make an album Monique. I would like to think so! Patchwork shoes sound really cute. Hope your day is going well. xoxo

    Thanks Bunny! I love the old things. xoxo

    Thanks Summer! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always, always love your daybook entries. I enjoyed looking at all of the interesting items you posted today. I would love to know how to knit a hat. Now that they are allowing the Sister Missionaires to wear hats; I want too. Thanks for the link for getting rid of pop corn ceiling. We have a ceiling that we would like to remove the pop corn from.
    I liked the jewelry and the cute dress. Oh, it would be fun to be young again.
    Sorry, that your daughter wouldn't let you share a video. Just know you are not alone in sometimes not being able to share what is in your heart. I have a daughter that I conflict with on a certain subject and it is always agree to disagree.
    Your book looks like.a really good one. I will look forward to the day I can actually find time to read a novel; I really miss them.
    Enjoy your dinner with the sisters! Blessings and hugs for you~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks LeAnn! I guess it upsets me that they just take for granted it is something which will try to indoctrinate the without even looking. I respect their right to believe differently, but think sometimes it is nice to share some common ground without it causing problems. Surely that is the way to move forward, to focus on what is the same rather than what is different. Blessings and hugs right back. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!