Tuesday 8 November 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, November 8, 2016

Outside my window ...
Its dark and very cold. They say we are in for the coldest winter we have had in a while.  Its all due to a Polar Vortex which is expected to sweet down from the North.  Brrr . . .

I am thinking ...
I am thinking and praying for all Americans today as they head to the polls to vote.   I cannot imagine having to make the choices they are going to have to make.  Praying that God's will be done.

In the Kitchen ...

  

A tasty Gratin of Sprouts and Bacon.  Perfect for the holidays.  This is delicious.  I could eat a whole plateful of this and nothing else!

On my "To Cook" list ...

  

Easy Soft Flat Bread, from Recipe Tin Eats.  This looks nice and soft.   Yum!

Good to know ...
 



 I am creating ... 



Sea Turtle Crochet.  From Free Crochet Patterns.

 

Crochet Bunting.   Love this!  From Lazy Hobby Shopper.   Free pattern.   There is lots of free crochet on that page.





Free Water Colour Christmas Printables.  There are way more than this.  Curated on Little Gold Pixel.

 

A really pretty Snowball Wreath.  From Oh My Creative.

 

Waterless Snow Globes.  How to by Tidy Mom

  

Christmas Tree Mobile by Not Martha.  Different!

  

Stemware Snowglobes by Family Chic.  Very simple and you can put candles on top to create unique candle holders.    I am going to go looking at some charity shops to see if I can pick up some stemware in different sizes and heights.

I am reading ...
  

My Heart is My Own, by John Guy

She was crowned Queen of Scotland at nine months of age, and Queen of France at sixteen years; at eighteen she ascended the throne that was her birthright and began ruling one of the most fractious courts in Europe, riven by religious conflict and personal lust for power. She rode out at the head of an army in both victory and defeat; saw her second husband assassinated, and married his murderer. At twenty-five she entered captivity at the hands of her rival queen, from which only death would release her.

The life of Mary Stuart is one of unparalleled drama and conflict. From the labyrinthine plots laid by the Scottish lords to wrest power for themselves, to the efforts made by Elizabeth's ministers to invalidate Mary's legitimate claim to the English throne, John Guy returns to the archives to explode the myths and correct the inaccuracies that surround this most fascinating monarch. He also explains a central mystery: why Mary would have consented to marry only three months after the death of her second husband, Lord Darnley  the man who was said to be his killer, the Earl of Bothwell. And, more astonishingly, he solves, through careful re-examination of the Casket Letters, the secret behind Darnley's spectacular assassination at Kirk o'Field. With great pathos, Guy illuminates how the imprisoned Mary's despair led to a reckless plot against Elizabeth and thus to her own execution.

The portrait that emerges is not of a political pawn or a manipulative siren, but of a shrewd and charismatic young ruler who relished power and, for a time, managed to hold together a fatally unstable country.

This is totally spell-binding.

I am looking forward to ...
Todd gets the results of his bi-opsies tomorrow.  Looking forward to getting it over with.  Waiting is tortuous when you have all sorts of scenarios going through your mind.  I also have my appointment with the gastro-enterologist on Friday.  (Happy Anniversary)

Dreaming about ...

  

Bumble Bee Curtain tie backs  . . .



Honey Bee Bowls . . .




Bee tea spoons  . . .

 

Funky Bumble Bee Lamps  . . .

 

Bumble Bee Honey Pots  . . .

I like bees  . . .

Something to watch ...
  

Artwork by Chet Phillips.  You can see more on his page  Chet Art.   He is a brilliant artist.

A Christmas Story.  We watched it last night.   Its a bit before my time but I can so identify many of the things in this film with my own childhood.  We watch it every year.  Its a classic!


A favorite quote for the day ...

(¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸.
                     ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“`
                                        * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go,
remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced,
all the battles you have won, and the fears you have overcome.
~Unknown

Makes me smile ...

 

What do you mean who ate all the sprinkles?  I swear it was the cat!

One of my favourite things  ...

 

Hugs . . .  one size fits all.  Consider yourself hugged by me. ☺

Corners of my kingdom ...
  

The Fairy Steps.  Arnside, Cumbria. Legend has it that if you can walk up the Fairy Steps without touching the sides any wish will come true.  Obviously I haven't got a ghost of a chance . . .


And that's my daybook for this week!

  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
 ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


6 comments:

  1. Marie those steps are amazing. Once again so many finds to explore.

    I keep praying for Todd's results. A long time between the testing and the telling is not easy. I am also praying for the American elections. I am told no matter the outcome it will be bad for the Australian economy. Seems odd to be.

    Hug the besprinkled dog. How could you be cross?

    God bless and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to visit the home and museum from the Christmas Story movie . It was preserved and open to the public. It was a fun outing for our family several years ago. Every one loves the movie so it was quite a sight to behold. Hope and pray all goes well with the results of the biopsy. Have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you both get good news this week. Waiting is horrid; I wonder if the practitioners realise how we suffer? When the tension is off everything looks fresher and brighter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the news is great!

    Love all the bee things Marie..all..the top jeep w...the tree ontop..I bought that exact thing on a pillow for Caroline as she hosts Christams eve dinner:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Summer! xoxo

    Aren't they just Suzan! I would never fit on them, so no hope for my wishes to come true! Thanks for the prayers. And yes, I am also praying for America. God bless you also. xoxo


    What a treat that must have been Pam! Oh how I would love to see that. It has long been one of my favourite Christmas films! Thanks to you also for the prayers. Hope your day is a lovely one. xoxo

    Thank you so much Bunny! I am sure they do, but their hands are tied in a lot of ways. Love and hugs. xoxo

    Thanks Monique! You are the best mom! am sure your daughter loves the pillow! I know I would! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!