Monday 31 October 2016

Small and Wonderful things . . .




"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.

 

We have had a beautiful October.  It's been dry for the most part and sunny with just a tiny bit of rain.  Its been cool in the evenings yet almost mild during the day.   I have loved it.



Because it's been dry the night skies have been clear and bright and I have been able to see the stars without any cloud cover.  It makes for a beautiful change.  Normally we don't see many stars here where I live because of the cloud cover mixed with the light pollution but we did see some this month and they were lovely.

 

The joy that is felt in acts of service to others.  It is immeasurable.



The last of the blackberries which were enjoyed earlier this month.  We always make sure to leave plenty for the birds as well, also on the black currant bush.  They enjoy them too.

 

We've been re-watching the BBC's War and Peace.  I love rewatching series like this.  I always pick up on things I missed the first time around.  The costumes and sets are spectacular in this and it is fabulously cast with excellent performances by all.



My licensing agent has finally filled in all of my portfolio, etc.  I just took a look at it yesterday out of curiosity, and lo and behold, it looks finished.  About time I would say.  If you click on Artist Portfolio beneath the Artist's Bio, you can see some of my work.  I have never given up hope . . .

 

Its getting closer  . . .  my favourite holiday . . . I am working on little ornaments, etc.  planning menus, playing with ideas.   I love Christmas and everything to do with the holiday, both the spiritual and the temporal. It will be here before we know it.

 

The Power of the Priesthood and Priesthood Blessings.   Todd received a blessing yesterday from one of our friends and I know it will help.  I think he slept well last night.   He hadn't Saturday night and has had a few really bad nights over the past week or so.  I am so grateful for the Priesthood and how it blesses our lives.



 The power of tears  . . .

 

Mitzie  . . .  she is such a little sweetheart.  Since we took the door off the lounge and hung a curtain there, she has been coming upstairs to join us in bed every night.  We finally went out and bought her a special doggie mattress which lays on the floor next to my side of the bed.  She lays there quietly all night and doesn't bother us.  It is nice to open my eyes and see her there, or to reach out and be able to stroke her ears.  Oh how we love her, and she loves us too. 

What a blessing she is in our lives.

And that is my small and wonderfuls for this time around.  Tis but a fraction, my cup runneth over.

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .


 ⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰
If we magnified our blessings
as much as we
magnified our disappointments,
we would all be much happier. 
~John R Wooden
 ⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰

Spiritual Enlightenment


 photo DSCN9509_zpsob7ouoym.jpg


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  French Bread Taco Pizzas.  For the children.  Old and young.


I hope the week ahead of you is filled with many small and wonderful things. May you be truly blessed. Along the way don't forget . . .


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════



and I do too!




8 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. I hope you enjoy today. I know you love the modern traditions of halloween. Pip has put out a few meagre decorations and the light is on. We have gummy bears. Some years we have some visitors but most years we don't.

    My labrador used to sleep on my bed. He was so good, but a 42 kilo dog takes up a lot of a single bed. Every night Sam used to try and sit on dad's lap! Grandad's poodle lived with us after he passed and he sat on mum's lap so Sam had to do the same.

    I am pleased to read that Todd slept well after his blessing. God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a wonderful October ☺ It's the small things that make me happy too♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Suzan! I would have her sleep on the bed, but Todd won't tolerate such an idea. Having her in the room at all is a compromise! God bless you also. xoxo

    Thanks Summer. Having an attitude of gratitude is the key to happiness. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quote about poverty. So true. Look at your blessings. The Greeks always find a reason and a way to celebrate no matter how poor they are

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right Linda. I have a great friend who is Greek. She is amazing! Happy Monday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weather wise it has been a great October here too. Now we'll see what November brings ! Hope you have a Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely thoughtful post and you are right to never give up your hope..finally your agent is moving along..your vintage moms are so delightful Marie!!
    Your Halloween.. doggie:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Halloween Pam! God bless! xoxo

    Thanks Monique! I think we will keep this doggie, lol. Love her to bits. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!