Tuesday 21 June 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .




FOR TODAY, June 21, 2016

Outside my window ...
Its not raining.  Makes a change from the past two weeks.   And, it looks like the sun will shine today.  Bonus!

I am thinking ...
I am thinking about the referendum on Thursday.  I am hoping and praying that Britains vote to leave the EU.  I see what the membership of the EU has done to countries like Greece, and Spain and Italy and I really fear for the future of Great Britain.  Anne Widdiecombe has said you need to ask yourself three questions.  Do you want Britain to make her own rules?  Do you want Britain to have control over her own borders.  Do you want Britain to be ruled by our own Democratically Elected Government or by 27 other countries.  If your answer to even ONE of those questions is yes,  there is no choice but to vote leave.  To vote stay means forfeiting all of those things to Germany.  And it means that millions of men lost their lives in two world wars for nothing, because Germany has won through economic stealth, smoke and  mirrors, what it could not do with the gun.

I am thankful for ...
That no matter what the outcome on Thursday, I know my Heavenly Father is ultimately in charge.

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN7638_zps5dv2egqm.jpg

Gingerbread Madeleines.  Delicious!  They have a fabulous molasses glaze.  Everything that great gingerbread should be!

On my "To Cook" list ...
 

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits from Damn Delicious.  Been wanting to try these for a while now!

I am creating ...

  

I worked a bit on my Etsy Shop yesterday.   I added more instant digital prints that people can download and print for themselves, etc.

 

I love this Slanty Shell Crochet Blanket.  From Fluffy Pink Warrior.  A full tutorial.

 

DIY Notebooks with Style.  From BHG.

 

From Ribbons and Glue, a one sheet Cookie Box tutorial.   It looks very simple to make.

 

I love this Needle Book and Scissor Fob.  From Atelier Lavanda.

 

Pillow Cases with new fabric and vintage lace.  From Pretty By Hand.

I am reading ...



While My Eyes Were Closed, by Linda Green

Linda Green’s psychological thriller, While My Eyes Were Closed, focuses on every parent’s worst nightmare. Switching perspectives between a young mother who’s lost her youngest daughter and an elderly lady who believes she’s doing the right thing, it’s a chilling, uncomfortable story about what people are capable of when they lose the ones they love.

During a game of hide-and-seek in the park, mother-of-three Lisa takes a phone call. At first she believes small, four-year-old Ella has found a new, obscure place to hide, but she quickly realises that Ella is no longer in the park and calls the police. Meanwhile, Muriel, an elderly piano teacher, sees a four-year-old child stumble in the park. After watching the mother quickly brush dirt off her hands and then turn to answer her phone, she concludes that the parent is unfit and negligent and takes matters into her own hands.

While My Eyes Were Closed shows Lisa struggling to come to terms with Ella’s disappearance. She’s overwhelmed by guilt at receiving the phone call and despises the attempts those around her make to restore some normality. Everything she sees reminds her that Ella is gone, and she blames herself completely. Her background doesn’t help matters, as the tabloids pounce on the fact that her brother has a criminal record as her family members are taken in for routine questioning. Comments on social media about Lisa’s behaviour at press conferences only make things worse.

Muriel is determined to give Ella the care she believes she needs. Divorced, with a grown-up son Matthew, she lives alone and mostly in the past. As Ella knows Muriel as the nice lady with the cat who gives her elder brother piano lessons, she’s more or less content to stay in her house until Mummy comes to pick her up. However, it isn’t long before even Ella can sense something’s wrong, and she starts to question why she’s being given Matthew’s haircut, Matthew’s clothes, and Matthew’s memories. As the lines between memory and reality blur for Muriel, Ella’s constant questions about where Matthew is now and when Mummy will come to pick her up drive her closer to the edge.

Positively Brilliant!

I am looking forward to ...
We are having the Missionary Sisters for tea tomorrow. Love having the Missionaries around.

I am learning to ...
Working on the same old things . . .  forgiveness, forgetting, patience, etc.

Dreaming about ...
 

Pretty Lace Hangers  . . .  source.

 

Having a Window seat  . . .



Pretty Breakfast Nooks  . . .

 

Mirror, mirror  . . .



Pretty, pretty  . . .

A favourite quote for the day ...

(¯`v´¯) `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.
  •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
                    ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

Our days are happier when we give people a piece of our heart, rather than a piece of our minds.
 ~Unknown

 Makes me smile ...

  

One of my favourite things ...
 

Listening to the piano.  Paul Cardall is one of my favourite pianists.

Corners of my kingdom ...

 photo DSCN7421_zpsbbsa3zn5.jpg

Tables, umbrellas and pots  . . .

 photo SAM_4214_zps01139dcc.jpg

A rather menacing garden visitor  . . . 

And that's my daybook for this week!

  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════



And I do too!!



6 comments:

  1. Marie I loved today's post. So many beautiful things and a mad dream. You and I need to get together with a huge budget and decorate my over stuffed home in pale and tranquil colours. Please ensure that the oval mirrored robe comes too. It would be such girly fun. One needs a dream and I think I am finally beginning to dream again.

    It was a long night. At ten pm I took Beth to the hospital as she was crying with pain. I stayed with her until just before three am and I slept for about two hours before I was called back to the hospital. Beth is going to visit our family doctors in just over an hour. She tried being most manipulative today. I don't think she liked being told that if she could organise her way around Europe she could book her own appointments. But it is true...she cannot keep up the I want to do as I please because I am an adult behaviour and then turn into a little girl the next minute.

    I had a short sleep and then I went off to the local spinners and weavers show. It was wonderful. It was grey and pretty cool day for my part of the world and woollies didn't seem out of place. Too my surprise mum bought me a shawl I really loved. It was handspun from alpaca and silk and has over 750 beads hand knitted into it. It is light, warm and cosy soft. Mum parted with $300 for it. Many ladies wanted it but most would not pay what the maker asked for. I think it is a bargain if you consider how many hours went into making and how much skill was required. It is a beautiful thing and I hope one day one of my girls will treasure it.

    Then we went to a very late lunch of sushi and found a lovely spot not so far from home. They made the food fresh for me and it was no trouble once the girl realised I was not going to eat seafood or egg. I made sure to thank her in my very formal Japanese and she was delighted.

    God bless your day. As you can tell getting out of the house and pending a few short hours doing what I love has brightened my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot to mention I made a little man's blanket out of that pattern and had forgotten how to do it. Thank you as now I can save the site and remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Marie, I was going to say from a sunny Box, however I've just looked out and there are big grey clouds building up......and also a big red hot air balloon passing overhead ! It must have come over from Bath it got a bit low but must have got a hot thermal blast of air as it has now gained hight, thank goodness......For I think the very first time you and I have a different view of something !! I am for staying in Europe !..I think that we vote in a government ( like this one or NOT !) but they should know better than us and as ALl party's think we should stay in and ALL the large financial Companies and most large business I feel they should know better than me I think if we are in at least we do have some say and can and do use our veto to stop quite a lot of things that would not be favourable .....I just had a thought as I was writing that maybe we should go and buy some Euros as if we do,vote out I think the financial situation will be mixed!! Mary and I got excited yesterday as a cruise we wanted to go on with our friends was all booked out in March but they kept us on a cancel list..unfortunately for some poor disabled person they have had to cancel but lucky for us we have got a cabin ! I had even forgotten where we were going LOL had to ask our friend it's a 14 night cruise to the Canary Islands...not to bad cost wise either so we are happy.mits not till end of October but something to look forward to.......before that Mary goes to Edinburgh next Thursday ( the day after her 70 th birthday) ...hope your sun keeps shining today and you Todd and Mitzie have a lovely day. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sybil I pleased for you. If your cruise luggage is too heavy you will know I have hidden in it. I am missing being on the sea. Happy holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting ..I will definitely be tuned in Thursday..

    I looked for your book in my e library..not there..it sounded interesting! Your pots are lookinggrand!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear Suzan, your life is all go. I am happy however that you have had the enjoyment of a day out, and a lovely gift. They do say a change of scenery is as good as a holiday! God bless you. xoxo

    We had a lovely sunny interlude in the middle of the day Sybil! It was nice. Has clouded over now though. How wonderful you are going on another cruise! You will have a great time I am sure! Look forward to the photos! We all have to have something to look forward to! xoxo

    Monique, I am reading it on my Kindle and its really good! Really pleased with my pots for sure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!