Friday 10 June 2016

My Friday Finds . . .

  photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

A few of the things I find each week that spark my interest, intellect and curiosity. I hope that they do the same thing for you.

 

From Cherry Heart, this looks like a really fun project and a great way to use up your bits and bobs of yarn and learn new stitches along the way.   Colourful and pretty!  A free pattern.

 

Teddy Bear Cootie Catcher!  This is so sweet!  Easy Peasy and Fun.

 

 A great summer project for the kids!   A Kaleidoscope made from a kitchen roll paper tube and a few bits and bobs.  From Minieco.  A very easy and simple activity!

 

From The 36th Avenue, a tutorial on how to make your own Bouncy Ball.   Using simple household ingredients.  Isn't chemistry fantastic!

 

A tutorial on how to make some really pretty towel holders for the bathroom by decoupage, using ribbons, papers, paints.  Very pretty.  Found on Addicted to Fashion.   This application could be used for a whole host of other things in other rooms I think.  I can see it coming in very handy in a craft room!

 

A really cute fabric lamb pattern.   From Livemaster.   

 

Candied Herb Leaves.  These would be lovely on cakes, etc.  From Homespun Seasonal Living. 

 

A tutorial on transferring photographs to wood.   What a great way to display your cherished photos.  From Wendy Schaeffer Photos.  

 

365  Creative Writing Prompts.  If you write a blog, then I know you are a writer at heart.  These are fabulous exercises in feeding that writer inside you.   From Think Written

 

A Thread Holder from a Thrift Store Mirror.  Found on  Our Second Hand House.

 

A really cute ruffled slip cover for a stool.  From The North End Loft.   Cosy Cottage Living on a Budget.

 

Beautiful Hot Pads.  I Love these liberty fabrics.  From Purl Soho.  A complete how to tutorial.

And that's it for this week.  I hope you found something which interested you.

 

This is a picture that I was working on over several days this week.   I call it "No Two Are the Same."  Based on the principle that no two snowflakes are identical.   I made sure each snowflake was different.   The same could be said about us.  No two of us are identical either.   Not even so called identical twins.  There is always at least some small difference.  We are each UNIQUE!  And beautiful.


A thought to carry with you through today . . .

~•~♥♥♥~•.~•~♥♥♥~• ~
Never let a problem 
to be solved,
become more important 
than a person to be loved.
~Thomas S Monson
 ~•~♥♥♥~•.~•~♥♥♥~• ~

Spiritual Enlightenment

 photo DSCN7411_zpswygg8lfa.jpg

In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Chicken Enchilada Bake.  The best one yet.  We loved this.  And it's fairly healthy, well, except for the cheese.  But even that problem could be solved using lower fat cheese and less of it.

Hope your Friday is a great one! Just a heads up I won't be writing here tomorrow.  We are off to the Stake Centre at the Temple very early (6:30 am) where we are going to get to meet an Apostle (Elder Dallin H Oakes) and listen to him speak with all of the other Missionairies in the EMM.  Very exciting stuff!   Wherever you go and whatever you get up to, don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!!


10 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. It sounds like you and Todd are heading out for an interesting day. I hope it exceeds your expectations.

    I loved some of the things you shared today. But for the next week or so I will be teaching Bethany how to make long life play dough! She has an interesting end of semester activity planned. How I wish I could be that organised. I live more by the seat of my pants than anything else. I buy planners and start well and can even get to 40 or 50 days and then I drop off. For instance I am back studying to Torah again. That one I should finish. I need to learn more and thought by looking into a Jewish Bible I might gain some new perspectives.

    God bless your day and love to you always. Still praying about our eyes. The first appointment I can get is 7.11. this year. Crazy, I know my bleeds are small but they worry me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are really looking forward to it Suzan and will be getting ready for it today! Your Bethany sounds like a great teacher! Lucky students. I would be worried about the bleeds also. I hope they get to the bottom of it. I have never read the torah! You have given me food for thought. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have read the first five books of the old testament you have read the torah. I think you have. So many stories that are still told are in the book of Genesis alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am beyond excited that you get to go and hear Elders Oaks in person. Sweet! I really enjoyed your Friday finds; especially the writing prompts. I like the little lambs, the towel holders in the bathroom and etc. This was a fun one and I will check a few of them out.
    Looking forward to what you say on your fun day tomorrow.
    Sending lots of love and hugs your way; dear Marie~

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was pretty wonderful LeAnn! Look for a post on Sunday about it all! Love and hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little lambs make me smile. This is a sweet craft round up.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!