Monday 13 June 2016

Monday Meanderings of the Mind . . .


 photo 59724_508755965852378_1477050203_n_zps915da9bf.jpg


Sometimes in light of the things that are going on in the world today, my heart feels very heavy.  Oh how our Heavenly Father must weep great tears of sadness when He sees the things His children do to each other . . . and some of them, however misguided . . .  in His very name . . .

Oh how His heart must break when He sees these atrocities being committed by those who profess to love Him . . .

They do NOT love Him  . . . they do not even KNOW Him . . .

Let me tell you about my God.


 photo 34998_508574882537153_252380433_n_zps65eeb6d4.jpg

My God is my Heavenly Father . . .  the Father of all the spirits who have ever lived and live and will ever live.  We are His children, created in His image . . .  and He loves us with all of His heart with a love that is incomprehensible to us.  It is unconditional and never ending.

He is the ultimate Creator, Ruler, and Preserver of all things. He is perfect, has all power, and knows all things.

He knows each of us intimately.  We were once with Him and He taught us at His knee, preparing us to come to this earth. We are all literally His children, spiritually begotten in the premortal life, and as such, we can be assured that we have divine, eternal potential and that He will help us in our sincere efforts to reach that potential.

He is the Supreme Creator. Through Jesus Christ, He created heaven and earth and all things in them (Moses 2:1). Alma said, “All things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator” (Alma 30:44).

Because He is our father He wants nothing more than for us to return to back into His presence when we leave this earth, so that we can then be with Him forever.  We were sent here so that we could learn and become more like Him . . . there are lessons and things we needed to learn that could only be learnt here through our experiences in Mortality.  He knew it would be difficult and so did we, and yet we still came . . .  such was our desire to become more like Him . . .

His work and glory is “to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man” (Moses 1:39). In order to make this possible, He prepared the plan of salvation, the perfect way back to Him. He sent His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ, to loose the bands of death and atone for the sins of the world: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). This sacrifice is the greatest expression of our Father's love for us.

How different that concept is from the concept that so many seem to have in this day and age . . .  of a God who requires them to kill anyone who is not living in accordance to what they perceive to be God's will and desires for His children . . .

The God I know and that I love is a God who loves us perfectly and  He would not want these things to happen, and especially not in His name . . . if His heart sorrows even at the fall of a tiny sparrow . . .  how much more must it sorrow when these poor misguided souls commit these tragic atrocities . . .  with a sorrow which is two-fold . . . once for those who have been killed needlessly and without purpose  . . .  and secondly for those who would commit such a God-less heinous act of hatred . . .

because when it boils right down to it . . .  my God is not a God of hate . . .  He is a God of love . . .

And that is why I say these people do not  love Him . . . . they don't even know Him.  The fact that they think that they do . . . is the saddest thing of all.

Just my thoughts . . .

and now for somethings on the Happy Scale.

 

The neighborhood watch in action . . . there ain't nothing going to be happening in their neighborhood without them knowing about it!



A second Bridal Shower for my dear DIL to be.  She is obviously well  beloved by her friends and family.  So pleased for her.   My son is a lucky man.


 photo 13445321_10154047180660546_3620132730036236469_n_zpsbugz3zim.jpg

 Seeing these faces brings my heart joy.   They may never come to know who I am really  . . . I wish it was different, but it is what it is.  I carry them in my  heart, and I persist and who knows, one day they may want to know who I am.  Hope springs eternal.

That is what journals are for.

 

My peas and beans and tomatoes are growing fantastically!  I can't wait to see the fruits of my labors.  Its like magic!



The art from my giveaway in its new home.  I love seeing my art where it lands, and being cherished.  Its like little pieces of my heart going out into the world and taking root in diverse places.  If it brings you joy, it brings me joy.

 

Daisy Makes a Chain.  This one has crows.  And Corn.   And again the pink hair and freckles.

 photo DSCN7449_zps8bmu1r4i.jpg

Honeysuckle is one of their favourite foods  . . .

The end.

 photo DSCN7311_zps22xkfviu.jpg

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Honey Mustard Dressed Two Potato Salad.  Delish!


I hope you have a lovely Monday.  Wherever you go and whatever you get up to be safe and please know . . .

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


He wants the best for you.  And I do too!



9 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. My heart was broken this morning. Massacres are not a solution. How do we stop the madness. I think your point of turning to God is the only answer.

    I am so happy you Daughter-in-Love to be is having a fantastic time in the run up to their wedding. For some it is a time of torture and I am glad they are having such a loved time.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how we stop the madness Suzan. Its pure evil, pure evil. Turning to God is the only answer I think. At least with Him we know the end of the story. Good will ultimately prevail. Love and hugs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tragedy strikes again..:(
    Too much..too many..too often..
    thanks for the happy thoughts and pictures too..your art is so happy.
    Why can't the world just be like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all so very tragic and so very sad Monique. As you say, too much, too many, too often. I believe that we will see a much happier world one day, but it may take the Saviour's return to make it happen. Days like this I say He can't return fast enough! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly I found out this evening that a young man dear to me has lost a friend in this massacre. He was so far from Australia and so young.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sad to read this Suzan. (((hugs))) It's disgusting. Such hatred is difficult to comprehend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also feel like Heavenly father is saddened by hat his children do to one another. He is a loving Heavenly Father and wants all of His children to return to Him some day. This world is getting increasing evil; it so sad. I just keep thinking that maybe it will bring the savior here sooner.
    Our little Sammy loves to watch what is going on outside also. Loved the photo of your sweet dog.
    Your art is just so lovely.
    I know those sweet little ones will want to know you someday. I love that you are getting a new daughter in law soon.
    Blessings, hugs and lots of love sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks shortybear. xoxo

    Thanks LeAnn. All the signs are there and quickening. I have felt a sense of urgency in the last few conferences, haven't you? THanks for all the hugs, blessings and love. I am sending them all back your way! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!