Thursday 30 June 2016

My favourite things . . .



These are a few of my favourite things  . . .





Vintage Christmas Baubles.   Sometimes gaudy, very colourful, they always had character.  I don't recall ever seeing a "Themed" Christmas tree when I was a child, but then again the only trees I really saw were related to me in some way and there wasn't anyone I knew who had money for that type of thing.  Our tree at home was a happy mix of all sorts.  My favourites were the ornmanents my mother had picked up when we lived in Germany.  I think a Christmas Tree should be filled with lots of surprises!

 

Speaking of Christmas AND surprises, look at what I found underneath our buffet at the very back the other day . . . .  Is it just me or does that Mince Pie still look perfectly edible?   Hmmm . . . well preserved?  What does that say about store bought mince pies?

I had to laugh.

 

Browsing at Cath Kidston.   I can't afford most of it, but I do love her stuff.

 

I like pretty things  . . .

 

A bit of rusticity  . . .  if that's a word.  The old and the new blending together beautifully . . .

 

Coloured bunting  . . .

 

Car boot picnics  . . .

 

Vintage Children's eating sets  . . .

 

Little Red Riding Hood  . . .

 

Cherry shoes!

 

Happy Toasty by Nouar.  The butter doesn't look very happy though  . . .

 

Colorful Brollies!

 

A ceramic Toast plate by Charlotte Mei.  I love whimsy . . .


 

Vintage Hair Barrettes.  I wish I had kept mine  . . .

 

Again  . . .  so pretty.

 

White Picket Fences  . . . 

 

Tea party friends . . .  boy, I hate my nose, lol  This is how oldies do selfies.

And that is my favourite things for this week. What are some of yours??


A thought to carry with you through today . . .

`*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ`*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ`*.¸.*´
 Be strong.
Live the Gospel Faithfully.
Even if others around you
don't live it at all.
~Jeffrey R Holland
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ`*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ`*.¸.*´


Spiritual Enlightenment

 photo DSCN7866_zpshdibzcoi.jpg

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Turkey Hot Browns.  Diabetic Friendly, and quite delicious.


Have a great Thursday!! Don't forget . . .


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════



and I do too!




8 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie,

    I don't take a great photo either. I love Christmas ornaments but sadly I am having to build my collections again.

    Today was still pretty cool here and Pip hates it. I am knitting up a storm.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I will ever get used to the idea of thinking that our summer is your winter Suzan! Although it doesn't feel very summer here today! Enjoy your knitting! God bless. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mince pie does look good. Ha! I have a pair of Cherry shoes. Black and white with red cherries on them. I don't wear them often so they'll probably last forever! Hope your day is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate photos os me also..good for you for enjoying life!
    The tea party looks like a success..
    I saw a Cath K dept in Lafayette..pricey little things..

    very very cute though..

    Love the cherry shoes:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS The mince pie LOL..I must admit I bought some pre made little pies form our British Emporium and Marie they were terrible..mini bakewells..UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I normally make my own mince pies Pam, but keep some store ones in the house for when people drop by, etc. so I have them to hand at all times during the holidays. Who know they would keep for so long! lol Have a great Friday! I have cherry shoe envy! Lucky you!xoxo

    I thought of you and the cherry shoes Monique. I said to myself, I bet M would like these. Most store bought things like that are pretty yucky. Especially mini bakewells. Homemade is infinitely better. But usually at Christmas the Mince Pies are pretty good. Well preserved, obviously! lol
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved youe selfie; you are so cute. I loved looking at your favorite things. I always enjoy photos cups and the pitcher is lovely. Love that you are thinking of Chrisstmas. This was a fun one to browe throught. Hugs for you!💕❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks LeAnn! Hugs and blessings to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!