Friday 17 June 2016

My Friday Finds . . .

 photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

A few of the things I find each week that spark my interest, intellect and curiosity. I hope that they do the same thing for you.



From Flickr . . .  the sweetest little pompom mouse.  They were selling pompom makers at the Hobby Craft shop the other day when I went in to get a marker.  Perhaps I need to go back and buy one!



Thirty days of gratitude journaling prompts.  From Text My Journal.  Gratitude is always a good thing.

 

Super pretty crochet edging ideas.   Love these.  From Rosehip blog.

 

Painted Rock Flowers from Ernestina Gallina on Flickr.  This gal is so very talented.  You should see all the rocks she paints.

 

In a world which has been rocked by so much hatred in recent days, isn't this a great idea?  The Kindness Plate, with free printable.  From Moments a Day.   I am going to do this.

 

Making "We Care" kits for the homeless.  A worthwhile family endeavor, or even something we could do as individuals, auxiliaries, church groups, etc.   From Small Acts Big Change.   Again on Moments a Day.

 

How to make care packages for the homeless.   From Little Lion Challenge.

Its a positive thing to do.

 

A Get Well Soon Gift  Basket from The Surburban Mom.   With a free printable tag.

 

Do you like reading in bed?  A complete tutorial on how to make a reading in bed pillow.  From  Sew Happy Geek.

 

iPad Stand tutorial.  I love it!   From Sewn Up.

 

E-reader Cover Tutorial.  From Whistlepig Creek.

 

How to make a Dry Creek Drainage Canal from your down spout from  Growing The Home Garden.  What a brilliant idea!

 

A bit late for this year, but something to put in your gardening journal as a possibility for next.  I love this raised bed idea. It would be fabulous for herbs.   My brain is ticking.  From A Keeping of Days.

 

10 plants for the Home Medicinal Garden.  Love this.  From Homespun Seasonal Living.

 

How to Harvest and Store Herbs from the Garden.   From A Million Lives.

 

Wall-papered Stair Risers from Pretty Dandy.  I love, LOVE this.

 

I love, LOVE this repurposed door planter.  From  The Garden Glove.

And that's my finds for this week.  I hope you found something here that you can use or that inspires!

 

I wanted to show you what I have been working on since last week.  I finally finished it yesterday.  It incorporates all the seasons.   Raindrops are falling in the spring . .. .  apples and flowers are growing in the summer, acorns in the autumn and rabbits are sleeping in their underground den in the winter.   To everything there is a season  and a purpose under heaven . . . not sure why the colours don't scan properly, but oh well.  I think I am going to get a frame and keep this one, but I may sell prints, we'll see . . .

A thought to carry with you . . .


~•~♥♥♥~•.~•~♥♥♥~• ~
"Do not expect to become 
perfect at once. If you do, 
you will be disappointed. 
Be better today than 
you were yesterday, and 
be better tomorrow 
than you are today." 
~Lorenzo Snow
~•~♥♥♥~•.~•~♥♥♥~• ~

Spiritual Enlightenment




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  a Father's Day Roundup of deliciousness!  Be good to Dad!


Hope your Friday is a great one!  Wherever you go and whatever you get up to, don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!!


PS - I just have to add one more that I found just this morning and fell in love with.

 

Printable Doll Bookmarks to colour, or leave as is.  Sweet!  From Krokotak.



8 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. As usual I am wondering how you find all the ideas and things you share. There are some great ideas in this post and I thank you.

    Today has been a housework day. Only a little was done as mum was sick overnight.

    God bless your day and lots of love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that your mum was sick overnight Suzan. I hope she is feeling better now! We all need housekeeping days! I really need to dust today I think! Somehow I always forget! Love and hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Marie! Oh, wow... that little pom pom mouse is adorable--and with her own leaf boat... *swoon*... That gratitude list--I'd like to take that to my journall too--thank you for the share! Rock flowers--what a cute idea. And they'd NEVER die on you--ha! ;) Must go see more about those Care Kits... Sooo many good things here today, Marie! And LOVE that rood/planter idea! And of course your new illustrations inspire--always. :) I like some of different graphics you're playing with these days and geometric shapes softened with curved likes, flowers, etc. VERY FUN!! Oh, and gotta print that bookmark idea for a sweet little lady I know. GREAT meal ideas to spoil Dad with this weekend. I'm looking forward to ringing my Dad this weekend. And even more so, to be seeing him, and all my family soon! :) Wishing all of you there a happy weekend now, dear friend ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy, every cloud has a silver lining. So happy that you will be able to spend time with your dad soon. (((hugs)))I wish for you a happy weekend also. I owe you an e-mail! Will try to get to it today! Love and hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that bookmark..and your art..can you imagine a fabric made of it:)You are touched by talent in ever thread of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gee Monique! Thank you so much. You are so kind! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say dear Marie, that these finds are spectacular. I love them all and want to take a longer time to explore them. It gave me ideas for our missionary work and also ideas for gifts. I am not great at crafts but I really liked some of these and think Imight could tackle them.
    Thanks you so much for sharing and I will browse away. Sending loving hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like you LeAnn! I also thought some of these had great applications for Missionary work as well! Love and hugs and happy weekend to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!