Thursday 23 June 2016

A Few of My Favourite Things . . .



These are a few of my favourite things  . . .




"Here are sweet peas, on tiptoe for a flight, 
With wings of gentle flush o'er delicate white." 
~Keats

I love all flowers, but Sweet Peas are my absolute favourite ones of all.  I love their scent, and I love the way they look like the delicate wings of butterflies poised for flight.  They are most beautiful  . . .

 

Vintage aprons . . . one of the first things we learned how to sew in Home Economics at school was an apron.  I love aprons.  When I got married the first time I received a few aprons as shower gifts.  Some were really very pretty.  I wish I still had them!  My favourite apron I ever had was one which was made for me by my ex mother in law.  It was red with tiny white polka dots.  I am not overly fond of the ones which you have to hang around your neck, although the tabard style are quite comfortable.

 

I used to buy this magazine way back when . . .  this one and Country Living.  I loved Victoria Magazine most of all because it had a bit of everything in it, not just decorating, and it was breathtakingly beautiful.

 

The late Tascha Tudor.  Her way of life.  If only I had the money to live like that  . . .
to have my own home.  To be self sufficient in the way that she was.  Perhaps I romanticise it a bit, I know  . . .  but it all seems very lovely.



Hand embroidered linens . . . . tea towels, tableclothes, pillow slips, dresser scarves.   I love them all.

 

White bedspreads.   Chenille, woven  or otherwise.   They are so beautiful.   I also love white bed sheets and towels.

 

Red Transferware . . . . I don't have any of it, have never had any of it, but I love it.



Enamelware . . .  old, new, in-between.  I have a little enamelware pie dish.   Its my favourite out of all my casserole/pie/etc. dishes.

I think this stuff reminds me of my grandmother.  My mom had an old enamelware dishpan as well.  I wonder what happened to it . . .

 

Piglet and Pooh . . . love it all . . .

Pooh's voice always sounds a certain way to me . . .  the Disney way.


 photo Yeshuahandsfoldedinprayer-799927.jpg

Prayer . . .  where would we be without it.   The scriptures tell us to pray unceasingly.  I always have a conversation with God running around in my head.  I talk to Him all the day through . . .  silently, sometimes out loud, and sometimes on my knees.  I know He listens . . .

And that is my favourite things for this week. What are some of yours??

A thought to carry with you through today . . .


`*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ`*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ`*.¸.*´
I am convinced that, 
more than anything else, 
our Heavenly Father wants 
His children to be happy.
~Larry R Lawrence
`*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ`*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ`*.¸.*´


Spiritual Enlightenment

 photo SAM_4977_zpsd022b58d.jpg

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Kimchi Mac and Cheese.


Have a great Thursday!! Don't forget . . .


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


and I do too!


3 comments:

  1. The sweet peas here are just beautiful right now. They are one of my favorites but then I like all the flowers growing here. Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably bought Victoria when you did..I still have most..
    I used to devour the pages marie..pretties here many:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful day also Pam! Somehow I know you will! xoxo

    Oh, I wish I still had mine Monique! Sadly they are long gone. Such a pretty magazine for sure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!