Monday 27 June 2016

Small and wonderful things . . .

 


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.



The way it smells after a summer rain . . .  all green and wet.

 

Ice-creams at the seaside.   They don't taste the same eaten anywhere else.   You gotta have a flake!

 

Misty early mornings with the promise of a fine day  ahead . . . 

 

The smell of freshly cut grass  . . .



Do I need to say a word?  Probably not  . . .

 

That feeling on your skin that you get when it blows through the window on a hot summer day . . .

  photo ToddBarbeque.jpg

BBQ . . .the smells, the tastes  . . .  the company . . .

 

Bare feet in the grass . . .  I am betting this feels just about the same way  . . .



Seaside treasures . . .

 

sandy toes  . . .



And having someone to share it all with  . . . .


And with that I will leave you with a thought for the day . . .

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷღೋღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
"To express gratitude 
is gracious and honorable, 
to enact gratitude 
is generous and noble, 
but to live with gratitude 
ever in our hearts 
is to touch heaven."
~Thomas S Monson
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷღೋღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Spiritual Enlightenment 


 photo DSCN7767_zpstsmix5wl.jpg

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  White Chicken Chili.  Quite simply delicious!

I wish for you a week abundantly filled with small and wonderful things. Please know that . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!



6 comments:

  1. Oh the delights of warmer weather. I would call all of those spring things, as in things to do before the days sap the life out of one. Today the temperature topped at 16 here and there is the difference. It was grey and gloomy so Pip and I went to the movies to see Ann of Green Gables. It was a made for tv movie and therefore some of the images were off. However we enjoyed ourselves and then had lunch together. It is winter holiday here and I found myself hugged from behind. Bethany was out and about and it was good to see her looking so much better. tonight I wish I had a fire place and a book to read. I will be early to bed to read.

    God bless and enjoy your all to short and sweet summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always perfect photos:)
    The chili is so different..wonder if the Littles would like:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much Val, Suzan and Monique! I am trying so hard to remain positive in a sea which over the past few days has been filled with far too much vitriol, hate and just plain ignorance! All these things make me happy, and I am glad that they make you happy too!

    The chili is magnificently delicious Monique!

    Hugs and kisses to you all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Late tonight Marie...not the computer fault !! I was just so busy earlier I havnt had a minute to myself today....When I got up this morning I had a feeling it was going to be a good day !...feelings can go rapidly wrong LOL...as it was nice and quiet I thought I better print Marys boarding pass for her flight to Edinburgh...firstly I couldn't fine the file I had put it in...panic....calm down think logically oh yes in the Easy jet file....now connect printer..ok...print.......nothing....print.....1page very very slow nothing else...nothing would work. Me..panic....called Val my good neighbour did she have a printer..she came along she is great with teccy things, even she couldn't find out what was wrong, however. She said e mail everything to her she would do the rest.....thankfully she did...panic over...We were going out for lunch with guild members I had said I would pick someone up at 11.45 ...I was sitting quite happily looked at watch ....it was already 11.50 so it was a mad dash to get the car and Mary into it before I could go collect our friend LOL...if there is one thing I cannot stand is being late for anything...never mind we made it with a min to spare at the lunch venue....this afternoon Lyn came along with a very large container/pot and bag of compost she then proceeded to fill the pot and plant 5 Christmas Rose plants. ( Hellabores) I think is there right name...whilst that was going on another friend popped in for a cuppa....NOW...I am absolutely tired out..wish it were bed time but another 3 hours ....if I make it..!! Hope your day has been quieter xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a busy day Sybil! Glad you were able to get the printer sorted. I had a busy day also, which ended with hospital visits. I was glad to get into bed last night! God bless! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!