Tuesday 20 July 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

  

FOR TODAY, July 20th, 2021 

Outside my window ...
Overcast and a bit humid, but its not supposed to be as warm today as it was yesterday. I have my front door open letting in some of the cooler morning air and I can hear some beautiful bird song out there. I think it is a song sparrow. So melodic.

I am thinking ... 
My sister was telling me about the fresh beans and cabbage she got at Gouchers farm market yesterday and I haven't been able to think about anything else since. I think I need to get me some.
 

I am thankful for ... 
Just everything. I am thankful for everything. I am living a life of abundance at the moment. Not financially of course, but I have sufficient for my needs. I am living a life of abundance in all the ways that truly matter most. Who could ask for anything more! 

In the kitchen ... 

  

A small-batch Lemon & Raspberry Pavlova. Oh my, but this is some good!  If there is a downside to this, it is that it needs to be eaten all up on the day.   

On my "To Cook" list ...

 


Chelsea's Messy Apron.  Creamy Orzo Pasta. That looks really good! 

One of my favorite things ... 

 

Dachshund puppies . . .  love . . .  any puppy really. 
 
I am wanting to create ... 

 

Repeat Crafter Me. Mini holiday hats. 



Happy Berry Crochet.  Tartan Plaid Dish Cloths. Love these.

 

Karen Pleass Textile artist on Instagram. Such lovely work. Inspo only.



Willow Crochet.  Cat sleep mask. 


Craft Foxes. Bobble Hat for Cat. 

I am reading ... 


 

Fire Along the Sky, by Sara Donati 

A strong, vivid historical novel set against the backdrop of the 1812 war between Britain and America.

Fire Along the Sky is the story of one woman's unforgettable journey across a young nation threatened by the flames of war.

The year is 1812 and Hannah Bonner has returned to her family's mountain cabin. But Nathaniel and Elizabeth can see that Hannah is not the same woman as when she left. For their daughter has come home without her husband and son, and with a story of loss and tragedy that she can't even bear to tell.

Yet as Hannah resumes her duties as a gifted healer, she finds that she is slowly healing herself. Little does she realise that she is about to face her greatest challenge ever. Hannah is called away to the war to perform one final act of courage, duty and sacrifice. And in risking everything once more, she may learn to live – and even to love – again.

Sara Donati’s novel is passionate and compelling. It brilliantly captures the vigorous spirit of its young protagonist, and the setting is one of the most exciting and pivotal eras in American history.


Have only just started this. But I am loving it.


I am looking forward to ...

Being able to tell you about the project I am working on. 😃 Soon. 


Dreaming about ... 


 


Fresh plums  . . .  of all the fruits, I do believe plums are my favourites. 


 
(source

Old quilts  . . . 

 
(source

Fields of daisies  . . . 

 
(source)  

Blue and white crockery  . . . 

 
(source

Heirloom tomatoes  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

 

Just William on Acorn TV. 

Makes me smile ... 

 

The Friendly Kisser  . . . 

Corners of my Kingdom ... 

 

The bluenose on the Bay of Fundy in Margaretville . . .  

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*A friend is someone who helps you up 
when you are down, and if they can't,
they lay down beside you and listen.
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   








6 comments:

  1. You've created a good life there..I am in awe actually.
    Much more mobile..a car..family..I never expected all this and its well deserved and about time:)
    An independence.
    I love those big tomatoes..my grocer calls them ancestrales.. $5.00 a lb on sale so like 5 each..an arm and a leg lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of our daughters has 2 Dachshund, so cute, the whole family came for a visit yesterday. Lots of lovely things today, will be checking out the textile artist. Here in Ontario it is hot and humid and we have air quality warnings from all the smoke from the forest fires in Northern Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...they lay down beside you and listen" - that's a friend. You've come a long way on your journey to a new life, Marie. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish it wasn't so hot here and we would open our door for fresher air. I do know morning time is the best. I enjoyed reading your daybook. I thin kthe little Dachshund is so cute. Our little Sammy is aging and not feeling as well.
    I love your thankful heart and all the good things that have come about since your arrival in Canada.
    I do like those dish clothes. I would love to make some.
    You book is the kind I enjoy most. I love the 1800's. I always enjoy historical fiction.
    I see you are showing some Christmas items. It seems like time is going by way to fast.
    Blessings and hugs on this one!
    I

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to enjoy and be thankful for….quilts, puppies, daisies, good food and summer. Happy day to you. xo,V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dachshunds are very cute...but we had a male...we NEVER were able to housetrain him...so we gave him away after a year (and my being very pregnant and unable to get down to scrub the floor daily). Plus before that decision was made, my friend came to visit and he promptly went over and peed on her leg!!! THAT IS THE TRUTH!! I was beyond humiliated. Told my husband he had a week to find that dog a home. The kids loved him and he was great with them...but refused to housetrain. It was 8 years before I was brave enough to get another dog. We only had females after that and never that breed again...then all was well!! ARGH!! So if you get that kind of dog, try to find one that is already housetrained!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!