Thursday 1 July 2021

My Favourite Things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥   

 
 
Weather vanes  . . .  love them . . . 

 

Simon Alderson's glass birds.  I recently contacted him as I wanted to replace my Bluethroat whose tail had accidentally broken off. He didn't have shipping to Canada at that point but changed it so that he could send me one. I noticed he also had a kingfisher now and so added that to the order, and he gave me a special discount on both birds, along with free shipping, as I was a repeat customer, plus when the package arrived yesterday there was a special thankyou card in it with this glass bee on it.  I had to put the bee on my window too.  The kingfisher is gorgeous!  His work is amazing. I love, LOVE his birds. 

 
(source

Counted cross stitch. I used to do a lot of it. I had some of my work in the UK, none of it now. Maybe I need to do some more . . .

 
(source

Ships in bottles  . . .  
 
 
(source

This  . . . . 

 
(source

Embroidery on sweaters  . . .  so pretty  . . . 

 
(source) 

Carved wooden rolling pins  . . . 

 


Pretty socks  . . .  so lovely  . . . 

 
(source

Stationary  . . . 

 
(source

Flowers and flounces  . . . 

 


Harrison Ford  . . .  hasn't he aged well  . . . 💓 

 
(source

Pyrex  . . . . 

 
(source

Black and white photographs  . . . 

 
(source

Foxgloves  . . . 

 
(source

Kittens  . . .  I think I need one  . . .  
 
 
(source

Fresh corn  . . . 

 
(source

Fresh croissants  . . . 

 
(source

Flower moths  . . . 

 
(source

Floating candles  . . . . 

 

Each of you  . . . 
 
And those are my favorite things for this week.  Happy Canada Day to all you Canucks out there! 

I had my second shot yesterday afternoon. So far all I have is a bit of a sore arm. Fingers crossed that's all I get! 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.˛.The rain to the wind said,
You push and I'll pelt . . . 
They so smote the garden bed.
That the flowers actually knelt.
They lay lodged . . . though not dead.
I know how the flowers felt.
~Robert Frost•。★★ 。* 。 


 

Chocolate Chunk Muffins . . . in the kitchen today.  A small batch of six delicious muffins.

Have a wonderful first of July!  Be safe and be happy and never forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 


10 comments:

  1. How lovely to get the replacement glass bird and the kingfisher snd the bonus bee. They look lovely in your window. Another new month is here, time goes so quickly, at least from my perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, time certainly seems to be rushing by Linda. I wish it could stand still sometimes! Happy Canada Day! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I really like those birds etc in your window..and yes a itty would be lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Canada Day to you my friend! Here we are getting ready to celebrate the 4th of July and fresh corn on the cob is about to come into season. I love it and can hardly wait for the first delicious bite !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your birds are so beautiful, Marie. I cherish the one you gave me. I used to do a lot of counted cross-stitch back in the day. My husband and Harrison Ford share a birthday. Happy Canada Day. I'm making your potato salad. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me happy Elaine. How uncanny Larry and Harrison share a birthday! Happy Canada day! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie~

    I love all of your, Favorite Things! The glass birds are so pretty, I love it when you show them to us! I used to do counted cross stitch, in fact, I have one started that I just can't finish. I started it when Averi was in the hospital, and I just can't seem to finish it...maybe I'll get it out and try again :0)

    When I was working, our phones at work needed to be replaced and then company who we got them from said he'd give us a great deal on gently used phones. When they came to put them in, the man said that the phones we were getting were from, Harrison Ford's vacation home in Jackson, Wyoming!! I got Harrison's phone!! And yes, he has aged well.

    Your chocolate chunk muffins look delicious!! I may have to make them this week-end!

    Have a great day, Marie!! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay about the phone from Harrison, lol. You need to dig out your cross stitch and finish it! You will feel good for having done it I am sure. I hope you will bake the muffins and enjoy them! Happy 4th of July on Sunday! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!