Friday 23 July 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

  



A few of the things I find each week that pique my interest and inspire me to want to do, create, become, etc. Maybe they will also inspire you!   



Something Turquoise, free printable envelope liners.   

 


Yao Cheng, water colour tutorial.   



Lora Jeans Magazine. Paper mache figure tutorial.   


 


Make Life Lovely.  DIY floral decorated paper lanterns.  



The Whoot.  Knitted bears with video tutorial. 


 


Willowyn.  Softie bunny pattern. Not free.  Cute.  

 



Eye Candy Inspiration from The Boo and the Boy.  I love the old window backed by fabric, and that crochet bunting.  Sweet. 

 


Sew Modern Bags.  Handy purse organiser.   

 

Fabric Sewing Basket.  Free pattern.   
 


Lets Knit.  Hearts.   

 


 Hooked on Patterns.  Sliced Apple Coaster set.  Cute!  

 



Lady by the Bay.  Cosy Ribbed Scarf.   

 

  


Makerist. Knitted Gingerbread man ornies. Not free, but not expensive either.  Cute. 
 
 

Love Knitting.  Little Christmas Trees. Free pattern. By Amanda Berry. 



Knitted Acorns.  Carmen Rigby Wilson on Ravelry.  



The Glizty Pear.  Paper Mushrooms.   



 Classic Pesto, and fresh is always infinitely better than ready made in anything!  
 

Honeysuckle Jelly.  Live The Old Way.   
 

My Golden Pear. Homemade Almond Paste. 


How to crochet Bobble Buttons, from Vickie Howell.  Love these!  



Mama In A Stitch.  Crochet Daisies. A chain of these would be lovely.  


She Sews.  One Yard Magic Messenger Bag.  


Sew M Cool. How to sew a zippered cross body pouch bag. I love this.   


DIY How To.  A crochet short sleeved cardigan. Love this. Free pattern. 

 

Crochet Camera Purse. Free pattern from Your Crochet.    


 


Forever Summer Necklace.  Free pattern and Tutorial from OOmbawka Design. There is also a bracelet. Crochet. Free.  


Kristin Crochets.  A free pattern.  Colourful!  


 
Made Every Day. How to make your own bias tape. 


Henny Penny Bun Warmer.  Free pattern from Drops Design.  Well, I guess it is more of a bread basket. Cute!!  



This Years Dozen.  Cute little Chicken Pot holders.  

And those are my finds for this week.  I hope there was something of interest for you here! 

My friend Margaret passed away yesterday.  This is another friend, not the one with ALS.  Margaret lived in the UK and was one of the first friends I made when I moved over there in the year 2000.  I only found out on Wednesday that she had been given an end of life blessing. She passed at noon yesterday.  Margaret had had throat cancer, maybe five or six years ago. I went to a surprise Birthday Tea for her maybe three years ago at my friend Lesley's.  I saw Margaret at church just before the pandemic started.  She was doing great. She was such a wonderful woman with a heart of gold, an infectious smile and an all encompassing love for everyone she came into touch with. Earth's loss is Heaven's gain. She will be greatly missed.


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Only those who attempt the absurd
Can achieve the impossible.
~Albert Einstein  •。★★ 。* 。 

 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Amish Savory Pork Pie. Simply delicious.  Tender pieces of pork and potato in a lush gravy with a biscuit cobbler topping. 

I hope that you have a beautiful Friday. Its a bit cooler here this morning, but sunny and bright.  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 



7 comments:

  1. Sorry about your friend..

    We gave up on color printers..got a black and white..less trouble and printing with color is just too $$ I find..
    I get cards and photo developed elsewhere and have bit the bullet on crafts:(
    Unfortunately we're not 20 anymore..and friends etc..are leaving us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie~

    So sorry about your friend, she sounds like a true friend...blessing to her and her family.

    Lots of cute things to look at today! I love all of the crochet...some really cute ideas! Currently, I have been crocheting pumpkins for me and my daughters...Fall is my favorite season '0)

    Your pork pie looks delicious!!

    Have a wonderful week-end!! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, creative Friday finds….wish I were so talented! My sympathies to Margaret’s family and friends, your words describe a wonderful person who will be sorely missed. 💟 Good day, Marie. xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad news about your friend, sav0ur your treasured memories of her. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie, so sorry you have lost your friend Margaret. She sounds like a wonderful person. I love those cute littke teddy bears. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, to hear of the passing of your friend Margaret. It's always hard do lose a dear friend. May her family and you also, feel comfort and peace.
    You had such fun finds today. I always love the crocheted items. Today's favorite was the sweater. Now if I could only get back crocheting something.
    I loved the kitchen essential Pesto. It's a good one.
    I liked the various bags too.
    Sending loving thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry you lost your friend...glad she is out of pain where she is now and I hope that will encourage you too. It is hard in our part of life...so many leaving now...
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!