Friday 9 July 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 


A few of the things I find each week that pique my interest and inspire me to want to do, create, become, etc. Maybe they will also inspire you!     


Mama in a Stitch. Love this blog. It is filled with free patterns, beautifully photographed.  Tutorials.  Videos, etc.   


If you are keen to try something new and love making your own jam, this sounds really delicious.  Blueberry Lavender Jam from Nitty Gritty Life.   


From Lindsey Reviews.  I wonder  . . .  other than the spelling  mistakes, it sounds good.  




White and light  . . .  just because  . . .  



Crochet Starburst Floral Hot Pad.  A free pattern. Creativities.  I can't wait to get started! 

 


Friendship Soup Mix in a Jar.  From Pie Birds, Buttons and Muddy Puddles.    


 

We All Sew.  Fabric Tortilla Warmer.  This could come in really handy.  Microwave safe as well. A complete tutorial. 

  


A woven Fabric Basket, no sewing involved and using up scraps.  Complete Tutorial on Notes From Terry.  


 



20 + free Crochet Edging Patterns you should know.  From Creativities.   




Oh, I am in love  . . .  crochet pom pom edging.  Sigh . . .  From Once Upon A Pink Moon.  Total Instructions. 
 

  

 
Granny Bunting Triangles from Attic 24.  Complete tutorial.  A great way to use yarn scraps!  



No Instructions or Source, but what a great idea.  A crochet remote caddy made from granny squares that you join up. I am so going to make one of these. And when I do, I will write up the instructions.
 
 

 No bake Mixed Berry Ice Box Cake.  From Life Made Sweeter.  Graham Crackers.  Nothing but whipped cream and cream cheese and fresh berries in the filling.  Looks good! 

 

Endlessly Inspired.  A simple  Car Emergency Kit. You just never know when you will need one.  



I could not find a source for this, but how much cuter could something "bee."   

 


Knitted bookmark Birds.  A free pattern on Ravelry by Claire Garland. they kind of look cute sitting there on top of those books. 



 Another bit of eye candy.  I love, LOVE the bedding on this bed and the look of the room in general.  The wood floors, the walls, etc. 

 


Chicken Pot Holder.  Crochet. A free pattern from Ravelry by Christine Ciliberto.   



Its Me, Maize Hutton.  Pretty little coasters with embroidery, done with cotton yarn. So lovely.  Lovely blog. 



Crochet Double Thick Potholder.  From Boring Knitter.   


 


One for the Kids.  From Buzz Feed, a tutorial on how to make your very own robotic hand.  Boys would love this!  


What to do when you're feeling overwhelmed. 

  

Crochet Mittens on Ravelry.  Love the colours.  


 


This exquisite Bridal topper can also be found on Ravelry.  I think it is very beautiful,  and could be done in any colour to go with any outfit, not just a Bridal gown.  I love it. 
 


Drink your way to weight loss.  Every little helps.  From Fitness Republic.   

And those are my Friday Finds for this week!  I hope something interested you! 

 

So yesterday I built a bookcase.  I got it a few weeks back and it was sitting in a box in the corner waiting to be put together.  I feel guilty always getting Dan to do this stuff, especially when I have a son who lives five minutes away. So yesterday I decided to try to do it myself and I managed. It took me all day pretty much.  The darn thing was heavy.  I took everything out of the box, a bit at a time, laid it all out and then just did the steps one at a time, taking  a break to do other things in between steps. By the end of the day it was done.  Proud of myself. 

 
 

I haven't put anything on it yet, but that's a job for another day.  




Things are getting done slowly but surely. Sorry I forgot to take the blanket off the sofa. I keep it on for when my dad comes over.  At 87 he has a bit of a problem and its just better to have a blanket there than an accident. Same thing with the cushion covers. 
 
 

I think I am pretty much done in here now and can move on to the spare room and my bedroom.  Then all will be finished.
 
 

Oh, I do need to do the curtains in here still. The rods up, but I am waiting on curtain ring/clips to come.  Then I can pull them closed and enjoy some light in here at night.  I sit in the dark at the moment. 
 
 
 
Its looking like a home though, so that's good.  I am going out this morning to take Eileen shopping for clothes, and then I told my dad we would pick our lunch up at A&W and I would get him a Buddy Burger and bring it over to him and we could visit with him for lunch, and then, if its not raining too hard its on down to see mom's grave and put some flowers there. Happy Birthday mom.  I love and miss you.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

 .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. .F.E.A.R. has two meanings . . . 
Forget everything and run, or
Forget everything and rise,
the choice is yours. 
~Unknown   .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 


 

I'm talking about  Compound Butters today in the English Kitchen.  Delicious. Simple.  Great on grilled meats, poultry, fish and vegetables. 

I hope you have a wonderful day filled with light and love. Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


10 comments:

  1. So many cute crochet patterns. I saved the bird bookmarks in my Ravelry library, will be making them for sure. Well done on the bookcase. Enjoy your lunch with Dad, hope the rain holds off and you can visit your Mom’s grave and “chat” with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! If I ever get past feeling so tired from my last shot, I will be back crocheting! We had a lovely day, but it rained buckets so the visit to mom has been put off until the rain stops. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Susan made me that chicken potholder-so darn cute..love the bedding too.Havefun with Eilennand your dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to make that potholder! I had a great day with Eileen and my dad. My sister surprised us at the mall and we three had a drink together. It was nice! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your outing with Eileen. Visiting your mom with Eileen is a lovely way to honour your mom's birthday. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately it was raining buckets Elaine so we put off visiting mom for another day. But we did have fun together and Cindy met us at the mall for a drink and then we took lunch to dads. It was great! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hope you have a fun day!! Lots of cute ideas here...thanks!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a lovely day with your family….your new home is delightful. XO, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much V. I am feeling quite cosy here. I hope it is warm enough this winter to come! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!