Thursday 8 July 2021

My Favourite Things . . .

 

  

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    
 
 


Fresh Corn on the Cob.  I've waited 20 + years for this. Ain't nothing going to keep me down!  diverticulitis or not, I'm in!!  

 
(source

Fresh strawberry pie! From local berries, during strawberry season! 

 
(source

Reading helpers  . . . 

 
(source

Love the colors of this knitted shawl/blanket/whatever. Its beautiful. 
 
 
(source

Fresh beans. I hear they have some at Gouchers at the moment, yellow and green. I'm going to pop over and get some! 

 
(source

Lace and monograms  . . . 

 
(source

'Til the cows come home.  Love the saying . . . 

 
(source

Fresh, juicy watermelon . . . 

 
(source

Bread, butter and jam  . . .  any kind  . . . 

 

Sunflowers  . . .  love them . . . 

 

Greengate tumblers  . . .  love them  . . . 

 
(source

Enamel ware  . . . 

 

Pretty tea cups  . . .  tea and cake  . . . 

 

Tascha Tudor  . . . 

 
(source

Window boxes  . . . 

 
(source

The Ballet  . . .  en pointe  . . .  so elegant  . . . 

 
(source
 
Love  . . . 

 
(source

Now you know why I love it . . . 

 
(source

Bee skip candles  . . .  

 
(source

Real butter  . . .  I never use anything but real butter  . . . 

 
(source

Oxfords  . . .  leather and laces  . . . 



This  . . . . 

 

Stunning  . . . 

 


Its true . . .  I need to get a vase so I can have some flowers  . . .  

 
(source

The smell of art supplies  . . . 

 
(source

Bees, bees, bees, bees  . . .  bees, bees, bees, bees  . . . 

 
(source

Can't you just hear it growing  . . . 

 

Do you remember?  Loved this film  . . . 

 
(source

Jam jars in little caps  . . . 

 

Yes  . . . . 

And those are my favorite things for this week. Hope some of them are also some of yours! 


 

This was Dan's burger last night!  I mean wow!  I don't even know how he got his mouth around it but he managed! 
 
  


This was my chicken burger.  I brought the onion rings home. I couldn't eat them. Too full. 


 

Cindy stayed true to form . . . 

I'm surprised I didn't, but I fought my urges.  The best part was doing it together!   

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

*.˛.Sometimes it isn't about the prayer.
Sometimes its about what you
learn while waiting for the answer.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。  

I know I am way behind on responding to comments.  I have a deadline I am working on for Monday, but I will get to them! ❤ I appreciate each and every one!
 
 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Chicken Dinner Poutine.  A repurposing of leftovers. Deliciously simple.

Have a wonderful Thursday! Don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 


14 comments:

  1. Love your favourites, as usual. That strawberry pie looks gorgeous! Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! Love and hugs right back! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Best of luck with the deadline. Enjoy the corn on the cob, I’m like you with diverticulitis and I also have IBS and gluten free but sometimes you just have to indulge yourself and suffer later. One day soon I’m going to enjoy some lovely crusty bread, and boy will I suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the fresh vegetables and fruits of the season. I'v had some delicious corn on the cob, but haven't got a watermelon yet. I get the small onnes so it's possible for me to eat it. There is nothing more refreshing in the summertime. Good for you veering away from the fish and chips, but your sisters does look good !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I only had fish and chips last Friday with Dad and the family. I couldn't bring myself to justify eating it twice in one week. The Chicken burger was delicious and to be honest I didn't think the fish chips looked as nice as the ones we had last Friday night and even my sister agreed! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~

    Beautiful favorites! What movie was that? It looks so familiar, but my brain isn't working this morning...is it,
    Titanic?

    I love watermelon, and try to keep it in the fridge all summer. Nothing more refreshing than fresh fruit in the summertime!

    All of these beautiful things make me smile! And, I'm glad you enjoyed the chicken sandwich, it looked delicious!

    Enjoy your day! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed Titanic! I have to be careful not to eat watermelon too late at night or I spend all night nipping to the loo Barb! LOL xoxo

      Delete
  5. Lovely post….so great knowing you’re out and about with your sweet family, celebrating and enjoying. I love summer. Happy day to you. xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  6. The very best time for veggies and fruit, is in season...we try to enjoy a few then and not so much the rest of the year. Apricots was our special treat last week!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve been eating a lot of fruit and veggies to get my immune system back to healthy bc I just got done with covid unfortunately! I’ve always been healthy but it knocked for a loop! I never want to be sick like that again! I was just thinking about getting a shot even though I hate shots, then just like that I got it!
    Stay safe and be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry you were so poorly J! How utterly terrible for you! Glad you are feeling better now. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!