Tuesday 6 July 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

  

FOR TODAY, July 6th, 2021

Outside my window...
Its quite overcast and I think we are going to have a pretty rainy day. Yesterday was beautifully sunny, but a nice sunny, not too hot or humid.  I loved it!  Sunshine, warm, not humid! What's not to love about that!

I am thinking ...
63 years ago my parents gave me the best gift I ever got in my life. My sister!  Happy Birthday to my wonderful sister who has been my best friend for 63 years now! I love her so much.  She's an incredibly woman filled with talent and compassion for others.  I think she is pretty amazing. I can't wait to see her later on! 

I am thankful for ...
The gift of a sister! Not everyone has one. I am blessed! 

In the kitchen ... 

 

Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing. Quick, easy and delicious. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 
 


Gonna Want Seconds.  Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas.  These look incredible! 

One of my favorite things ... 

 

My rug.  I just love my rug. 
 
I am wanting to create ... 

 

Bernat, Crochet Ripples in the Sand Afghan. Free pattern.  

 

Fab Art DIY, Crochet bow hat. Cute! 

 

Heart, Hook, Home. Crochet pan protectors. 

 

A Crafty Concept.  Free pattern for a cactus pillow. 


 

The Hoot.  Eyeglass holders.  Cute!

I am reading ... 

 

The Magic of Ordinary Days, by Ann Howard Creel

The powerful story of one woman’s passion in a world at war. Olivia Dunne, a studious minister’s daughter who dreams of becoming an archaeologist, never thought that the drama of World War II would affect her quiet life in Denver. But when an exhilarating flirtation reshapes her life, she finds herself in a rural Colorado outpost, married to a man she hardly knows. 

Overwhelmed by loneliness, Olivia tentatively tries to establish a new life, finding much needed friendship and solace in two Japanese American sisters who are living at a nearby internment camp. When Olivia unwittingly becomes an accomplice to a crime and is faced with betrayal, she finally confronts her own yearnings and comes to understand what she truly believes about the nature of trust and love. 

Very good.

I am looking forward to ...
Having the family over later today to celebrate my sister's birthday.  Going shopping with Eileen on Friday.  Lots going on this week!

Dreaming about ... 

 
(source

Fresh Nova Scotia Apples  . . .  

 


Sugared donuts  . . . filled with jam  . . . 

 
(source

Blue and white  . . . 

 
(source

Pearl earrings  . . . 

 
(source

The man in the moon  . . . 

Something to watch ... 



Keeping Faith  . . .  Acorn TV.

A quote for the day ... 

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
The cicada cries out, burning with love.♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
The firefly burns, with silent love.♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
~anonymous♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. 

Makes me smile ... 

 

Sigh  . . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 

 

The little painted house of Maude Lewis  . . .

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Falling down is a part of life.
Getting back up is living.•。★★ 。*  

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   





6 comments:

  1. It's lovely to enjoy things that bring us joy in our homes..It suits your room perfectly.
    I use paper napkins in between 3 pans I like lol..Loved the Maud Lewis movie so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very good tip about the napkins Monique, and a lot less trouble! I loved the movie about her as well! Her husband was so mean! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to your Sister! Yes, you are blessed! I have only one sister left in my life and know how much she means to me. Hope you enjoy your visit with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Cindy. Enjoy your family celebration. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine! She thanks you! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!