Wednesday 14 July 2021

Wednesday this and that . . .

 
(source

So do you think this will be me in a few months time?  I sure hope so.  I loved Elaine's idea of getting two kittens so that they have company for each other and calling them Cinnamon and Nutmeg.  I am not sure I can get two, or if I am allowed to have two cats here. I will have to find out, but it is an exceedingly good idea. 

 

I now have curtains up. Not a great photo for sure because it is so early in the morning. I need to do some work on them. The sheets are plenty big for the space and are plenty wide enough to close at night affording me plenty of privacy. They are quite a bit too long however, so I will need to make some adjustments. That shouldn't be too hard.  I was going to wait for my sister to come over and help me, but then I thought to myself. I can do this!  And so I did! 

 
 

I went to Cindy's last night for supper, last minute.  She called and told me she had baked a blueberry pie and did I want to come over. Did I???  But of course!  Homemade blueberry pie, made with wild blueberries!  My first taste in over 20 years!  It was delicious. She is so good to me.  She sent me home with a Blueberry Tart.  Guess what I had for breakfast today??? I know!  Me 👈👈👈 very naughty!  But it was so so so good. I thought about having it last night for a snack, but then I thought about how much better it would be to have it this morning and so I exercised a bit of self-control and waited. 


 

Doug and his family are having a great Staycation week this week on the Island where they live.   Ice Creams from Holman's.  I think Jon's super-power must be eating ice cream with a mask on. Or maybe that is just being 15 and not wanting your photograph taken. 

 

He has such a lovely family. He and Kayla met at ABU in Moncton where they were both students.  It was a true love match.  They have three wonderful boys. No word yet on when Doug is going to have his heart operation.  I suppose the Doctor is waiting for the Covid restrictions to lift a bit more so the whole process is less complicated with Doug having to go to another province to have it. 

 

They were supposed to go to a camp this summer, but that got cancelled so they are making the most of it at home. With Go-Cart racing  . . . 

 

Bumper boats  . . . . 

 

Crazy golf . . . 

 

And various other activities  . . . .  and this was all in one day. I wonder what they will get up to next?  They are such a fun family! 
 
  
(source facebook)

My sister and Dan went up to the bay yesterday to look at art in Margaretville.  There is an art place right down by the shore and the lady told them that they were expecting the Bluenose to show up soon as it had been spotted down country not to long since.  Sure enough, she said they only waited about 10 minutes and it appeared.  I have been on the Bluenose many years ago, but only when  it was moored in the harbor at Lunenburg.  I have never seen it sailing, except for on the television.  I can just imagine how thrilling it must have been to see it in person sailing on the Bay of Fundy! 

I need to get up to Margaretville. The last time I was up there was back when Mom and I went up to watch the sun set at the lighthouse that year I spent a whole summer here.  So a very long time ago now  . . . 

 
(source

Dad is having his second shot this morning. I hope he will be okay. He was fine with the first one, and he is having the same one this time.  He goes for fish and chips for supper on Wednesdays with his friends.  When I spoke to him last night he was still hoping to be able to do so. 

There is so much they don't know about these shots as of yet.  Most of us have had two different ones, instead of the same.  There is conflicting information coming from the WHO and the CHO about this.   I, personally, think we will have to exercise caution for a very long time to come.  It distresses me when I see scenes like all of the fans at the recent football match between England and Italy. Literally thousands, unmasked, no social distancing, etc.  I wonder what the numbers will be like in a week or so after that debacle.  

I have a young friend over there and she has Covid now, having gotten it from her two little girls who brought it home.  They are 3 and 6 years old.  The mum is only 30'ish, so they are all recovering, but still . . .  is anyone ever going to be really safe?  Methinks not really.  But that is just my opinion and I could be wrong and often am. I will be taking no chances however, because I am pretty sure I would not recover easily if at all.  

 
Source Susan Branch

Distressingly this week, someone has managed to take down Susan's blog. I don't know how its happened but it has, and she is still trying to get it back up.  There are some really despicable people in this world.  Why anyone would want to do this to her is beyond comprehension! What do they gain from it? I can only imagine how upset she must be over this. Not only is it a source of joy for many, many people, but it is her livelihood. I hope and pray that it will all be sorted for her soon.  Her page is one of the few bright spots on the www that I visit frequently.  Its just a really feel good sort of place.  I hope that they can get it fixed as it brings joy to many. 

And with that I best leave you with a thought for today  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*The easeful days, the dreamless nights;
The homely round of plain delights;
The calm, the un-ambitioned mind,
The simple stuff of summer time.
~Aster Austin Dobson  •。★★ 。* 。
  

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Chicken Diavola Pasta.  Delicious. Another recipe built for two, or one with leftovers.  Spicy chicken in a creamy, cheesy sauce with plenty of fresh spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. 

I hope to get out to pick up a few bits this morning. I have a check to deposit in the bank (got my income tax back) and I have to mail some stuff, get some Birthday cards, stamps, etc.  Wish me luck!  I hope you have a beautiful day.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   


 

15 comments:

  1. I think 2 kitties is ♥I am so allergic I could not even have 1 but it makes so much sense.
    Oh lala Susan's blog..I didn't know..having lost some things I can understand the distress of losing it all:(:(:(
    I like curtains that puddle..maybe dust? Not sure but they look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they would be great company for each other. Just not sure if I am allowed to have two, or even if my cousin has two for me. I thought of you right away when I saw what had happened to Susan. Its so distressing. Hopefully it won't take long for her to be back and up. Yes, they are puddling. (the curtains) I need to hem them. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Susan should be back up before you know it..DDOS attack..and last about 24 hrs apparently..Hope so!Poor her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two little kitties would be wonderful, if you can have them. I had my website hacked into awhile ago, couldn't get it back, so had to call my guru computer daughter to hack back in for me. I thought the same, who would want to take over a garden and craft site. Sick people. Curtains look good and well done for tackling it yourself. Wonderful photos of your son's family. Such a joy for you to receive. Enjoy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is no end to the depravity of people out there. I am so sorry you had to go through this. I had a site totally scraping my food blog last year and it took my son and I almost a month to get it taken down! Such a nuisance and so time consuming! Happy Wednesday! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Looks like a lovely Staycation for your family…..how delightful! Have a terrific day and enjoy your errands. xo, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much V! I will be happy when they are actually able to come over here to visit! That will be grand! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Good for you getting the curtains up. A bit of privacy was needed. So nice of your sister to invite you over for the blueberry pie. It looks and sounds wonderful. I think the only way we're goin to get rid of this virus is to have everyone vaccinated. I know I feel much safer since I got my shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right Pam! We are very lucky here in Nova Scotia because the numbers here in the Valley have been very low. I feel safer with my shots also! xoxo

      Delete
  6. That family staycation sounds like a lot of fun. I would like to ride the bumper boats. Home made blueberry pie, wow! Getting a kitten or two would keep you entertained; I have a cat and a dog, such great companions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the bumper boats would be great fun as well! I would love to have a wee dog also, maybe a small chihuahua, but I think I am only allowed one pet. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Loved seeing Doug and his family having fun. Blueberry pie, nothing quite so good in the summer. Hope you can adopt two kitties but one would be lovely, too. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! Have you have been able to spend some time with your brother with things easing up? Dare I Hope??? Two kitties would be a dream, but even one will be a gift! What do you think? Cinnamon? Nutmeg? or Peaches? Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  8. I really like the names of the two kittens if you can have two. The names are adorable. I know that a kitten will bring you much joy. Just keep your yarn safe.
    Your curtains are lovely. I really like your big living room window.
    I love that you were invited to your sisters for blueberry pie; that is the best. I think it is so fun that you are finally near her and your Dad. I do hope his Covid shot goes well. We were a touch sick with ours.
    I think your Son Doug, wife and children are so cute and it does look like they were having fun moments. I look forward to the moment you can be with them again.
    Margaretville looks like such a fun place to visit.
    I do hope your friend Susan get's her site back up. I would be so distraught by that.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!