Thursday 15 July 2021

My Favourite Things . . .

 

   

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.  
 
Today, a very personal Favourite things, in random order for the most part. 

First of all I wanted to say my family is my absolute favorite thing of all. I don't have a photograph of every one of them together, but know that I so appreciate each and every one of them and feel so blessed to be back home again. 

 
 

My little home is my world.  That plus the people I choose to share it with from time to time. I may never have a special person to share it with full time but that's okay. I feel blessed and I know I will soon have a little kitten to love and share it with as well. When I think back on the last nine months, from landing in the country with a few suitcases to now, I am amazed at just how far I have come and I have to say I could never have done it without help, love and prayers and I am grateful for every last bit that I received.  Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.  My family, my church, my friends in the UK, my online friends, and total strangers. People with hearts as big or bigger than the world.  I am so very thankful for everything.


 

My baking station.  I don't have a lot of counter space really, although it is a lot more than I had in the UK, and thankfully a blessing that I don't have lots to clutter it up with. Lets hope it stays that way!  But I love this baking station. Bought as a floor model it has a nice big drawer on top to hold my rolling pin, hand-mixer, measuring cups,  cookie cutters, parchment paper, etc.  and it rolls, if I need it to. Plus there is plenty of room on top for things as well.

 

The pear painting my sister did.  I love my sister's work. I think she is so talented.  I bought this painting from her because I fell in love with it and I wanted to support her efforts.  I don't think she knows how very talented she is, but I hope she at least has an inkling. I wanted this pear for my home.  Only things that I need or that I love have been invited in.

 


A very kind gift received from Jen and her pups back in November.  I love my Kitchen Aid mixer.  It was on my wish list for years and years and years.  I am still pinching myself that this is mine. I baby it because I want it to last forever.  Last December my sister and I bought the meat grinding attachment for it so that we could make our own ground pork for our Christmas meat pies. I am so grateful for this wonderful tool which blesses my life almost every single day. 


 

Another floor model, my wee rocking chair. It is a symbol of hope for me. Maybe one day I will have a wee grandchild come over and rock on it while I watch on with love.  Right now a chair for my dolls.

 

Miss Piggy's head.  She may have lost her body, but at least her head is intact and it is one of my favourite things.  So is the little porcelain Russian Wren ornament I bought on Etsy last year, which also made the trip intact.

 

My little Beatrix Potter shelf. Love. Love. Love.

 

My mother's portrait. I think she was about 19 or 20 in this.  My mother was a beautiful woman, all of her life.  I was never so blessed to have such beauty, but my sister was and my nieces are, as are my girls and my sweet granddaughter. I love this photo of my mother.  The story is that the photography also loved it as it hung on the wall of his photography shop for quite a while after he did her portrait as an example of his work.

 

This angel my mom sent me quite a few years ago now. The wings had broken off in the move, but I managed to glue them back on.  She is a beautiful reminder to me of my mother's love for me.

 

Saw this little carriage clock at a yard sale a few weeks back and even though I had not planned on buying anything, it called my name. I love it and I love its color.

 

Love my corner bookcase, another floor model. Treasure corner  . . . with my Susan B books, my nik naks, wedding photos of my children, a wee painting from Monique, angel from Dan, Liahona, etc. Shelves filled with treasures. My treasures.

  

My wee kitchen.  Small but gets the job done and after having cooked in my UK kitchen for as long as I did, this feels positively luxurious!

 

My Sardinian Flocked postcard. One of two my father brought back in the 1950's when he had been in Sardinia working on aircraft there. My sister matted this and gave it to me.  She has the other one. I am still looking for a frame for it.

  

My beautiful placemats and pot holders from Elaine.  I love them. They are so pretty, so much so that I hate to use them. I will though.  They are quite beautiful.

 

Beautiful hand woven hot pads/pot holders from Ginny.  I love the colors in these. They are beautifully crafted and have such meaning behind them. Forever grateful.

 

This painting/print of the Savior that I bought last Winter.  "To the Rescue."  If anyone needed rescuing, it was me.

  

Beautiful tatted lace collar from Noelle.  Such handiwork.  Its stunning and I love the hearts and love with which it was sent to me. I gave it a good home.

 

More hearts and love from my dear Ginny.  Hand knitted, love in every stitch of this sweet Tea Cozy. One of my treasures for sure. For sure.  A dream/wish come true.

 

I bought these from my sister and I love them. Love the kitschy quality, the colours, etc.  Love them.  Love my sis.

  

A gift from a friend a while back and they made the trip intact. Love these and they are perfect in my home. 

 

My Monet from Photowall, a free gift.  My sofa, another floor model. Loving the lap quilt I bought to protect it also.  Just love my living room and everything in it.

 

I especially love my carpet.  I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. The delivery guy said, that's one very colorful carpet!  Suits me to a "T."  With old fashioned charm and plenty of color. A bit of an indulgence, but worth every penny for the "Joy Factor" it brings into my life.

 

My tv stand which will serve a dual purpose come this winter. Not only does it look good, but it will afford a bit of extra heat on really cold days, and it is the perfect place for my television to live.

I also lucked in with the television. I got it for a really great price, and it works really well.  Its a Roku tv.

  

My glass birds. They bring me joy every time I look out the window, or even just at the window.  Pretty and a lovely reminder of my years in the UK. 

 

This little wooden stool.  My son Doug built it when he was in Grade 7 in wood shop.  I painted it. It has been with me ever since.  I am so grateful to still have it.

 

This candle. You can't imagine how incredible it smells.  Pumpkin Spiced Latte.  Canadian Made, soy wax,  and burns clean.  I love this! Makes my home smell really nice.

 

My little china cabinet. Another floor model. I love this, every inch of this. The tray on top comes off as well, which is a nice bonus.  It was an impulse, but an impulse I love having in my home.


Geraniums on my windowsill. A gift from my sister.  Home Sweet Home.  There is no place like it.  (See the little glass bee?  A gift from Simon Alderson, the man who created my birds.) 

And those are my favorite things for this week.  By no stretch everything that is my favorite, but a wee glimpse anyways. 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.˛.If you want to fly
give up everything 
that weighs you down.
~Buddha  •。★★ 。* 。 


In The English Kitchen today, Tortilla Chip Enchiladas. Simply delicious.

Have a wonderful Thursday! Don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 

15 comments:

  1. Look how far you've come..A lovely grateful post..seems like all this is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not have done it alone Monique! I had loads of helpers. I am truly blessed! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Beautiful treasures, such a journey you have had following that light at the end of the tunnel to emerge into a wonderful new home and spending time with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I hope not too many people ever have to take the same journey! But if they do, I hope they can find the light like I have! xoxo

      Delete
  3. It felt like I've just visited you and your lovely home, Marie. So many beautiful treasures. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine! Maybe one day, once everything opens up you will be able to visit for real! Now that would be lovely! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. Just wonderful to see that you are well cared for and set up so well there!! Happy for you!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elizabeth! its been a long haul but I am getting there! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Aww, my sweet friend, I love everyone of the items that you have shown that are in your home. You home looks beautiful, and so comfortable and inviting. I love that each thing you have welcomed into your home, has special meaning to you. It's all lovely!
    Thanks for sharing all the photos and thoughts and I'm so happy for you and these blessings that have come.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much LeAnn! Love and hugs and blessings to you and Roger! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Your home looks lovely.
    Thanks for sharing all your beautiful treasures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Such delightful favorites things….I love them all. I was going to say I could not pick just one, they are all so lovely and meaningful….until I remembered your Mother’s picture….yep, that is my favorite, favorite…a real treasure. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a most happy weekend. xo, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much V, it is my absolute favorite thing also! Happy weekend! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Eight months ago Becky, I could not have envisioned where I am sitting now. I truly am blessed. Thank you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!