Friday 2 July 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 

A few of the things I find each week that pique my interest and inspire me to want to do, create, become, etc. Maybe they will also inspire you!    



From Pop Sugar.  How to start a Cookbook Club and why you should.  Sounds good to me.  (But I am a bit biased here.) 


One Year to More Organized Photos.   Its never too late.  From Simple as that Blog

 

From Picsy.  What a great idea for photographing four generations! You don't even have to all be together. 

 

Flamingo Toes. An Anthro knock off into the woods necklace.  Complete tutorial. 



Awesome Bunting.  From Sparkle Power



No source but how hard can it be.  Butchers twine and fabric scraps.  Sweet. 



Women's Day.  DIY Cafe Curtains.




Vintage Neck Warmer Pattern.  From Ravelry.  I love it! 


From Cherry Heart, this looks like a really fun project and a great way to use up your bits and bobs of yarn and learn new stitches along the way.   Colourful and pretty!  A free pattern. 


A great summer project for the kids!   A Kaleidoscope made from a kitchen roll paper tube and a few bits and bobs.  From Minieco.  A very easy and simple activity! 




From The 36th Avenue, a tutorial on how to make your own Bouncy Ball.   Using simple household ingredients.  Isn't chemistry fantastic! 


A tutorial on how to make some really pretty towel holders for the bathroom by decoupage, using ribbons, papers, paints.  Very pretty.  Found on Addicted to Fashion.   This application could be used for a whole host of other things in other rooms I think.  



A really cute fabric lamb pattern.   From Livemaster.    


 

Candied Herb Leaves.  These would be lovely on cakes, etc.  From Homespun Seasonal Living.  



A tutorial on transferring photographs to wood.   What a great way to display your cherished photos.  From Wendy Schaeffer Photos.   



365  Creative Writing Prompts.  If you write a blog, then I know you are a writer at heart.  These are fabulous exercises in feeding that writer inside you.   From Think Written.  



A Thread Holder from a Thrift Store Mirror.  Found on  Our Second Hand House


A really cute ruffled slip cover for a stool.  From The North End Loft.   Cosy Cottage Living on a Budget. 


Beautiful Hot Pads.  I Love these liberty fabrics.  From Purl Soho.  A complete how to tutorial. 


Thirty days of gratitude journaling prompts.  From Text My Journal.  Gratitude is always a good thing. 


Super pretty crochet edging ideas.   Love these.  From Rosehip blog. 


Painted Rock Flowers from Ernestina Gallina on Flickr.  This gal is so very talented.  You should see all the rocks she paints. 

 


Isn't this a great idea?  The Kindness Plate, with free printable.  From Moments a Day.  




Do you like reading in bed?  A complete tutorial on how to make a reading in bed pillow.  From  Sew Happy Geek

 


iPad Stand tutorial.  I love it!   From Sewn Up



How to Harvest and Store Herbs from the Garden.   From A Million Lives


I love, LOVE this repurposed door planter.  From  The Garden Glove

 

Black Rose Stitches.  Berry Clean Wash Cloth. Pretty! 
 

 
 

Sugar Bee Crafts. Rag Rug Tutorial.
 

 
 

Pattern Centre.  Crochet Flower Headbands for babies. 

And those are my finds for this week.  I hope that something piqued your interest!

A thought to carry with you  . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.˛.Strength doesn't come
from what you can do.
It comes from overcoming

the things that you once couldn't.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。


 

In The English Kitchen today . . .  Ginger & Honey Bread & Butter Pudding, served with fresh Nova Scotia strawberries.  Sized for two and delicious! 

I hope that you have a lovely day.  Its raining here this morning.  We needed rain.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 




5 comments:

  1. Lots of Friday finds, Marie. It never ceases to amaze me at how creative we all are given the chance. Time for breakfast. Enjoy your day. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of the picture frames you've shown today. A bit unique and I have a lot of pictures to show off. I am all in favor of the gratitude journal. Showing what we're thankful for is important. And there is always something to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas today...thanks! I think that curtain for over the kitchen sink (or anywhere one would need to reach in order to open or close) is just perfect!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun Ideas today. I loved looking through them all. Of course, I'm drawn to the crocheted items as always. I loved the suggestions on organizing photos, four generation photos and gratitude journaling prompts.
    Loving thoughts and prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!