Tuesday 24 January 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .



FOR TODAY,  January 24th, 2017 

Outside my window ...
It is cold and frosty, which is incredible to me because yesterday afternoon it was so mild out we had midges flying about the back garden!  The weather sure is crazy!

I am thinking ...
I am on the cusp of something incredibly amazing and cannot wait to be at the point where I can tell you about it.  It is so hard to keep it all in.  Shhh . . .  for now.

In the kitchen ...


Using the meat leftover from yesterday's roast chicken.  Dijon Chicken and Dumpling Casserole.  Incredibly delicious!

On my "To Cook" list ...


Black and White Biscotti.  From King Arthur Flour.  I adore biscotti.  With 20 five star reviews they must be really good.

Good to know ...


I am so grateful for that knowledge.

I am creating ...





Mini Star Book Tutorial.  From Cards and Co.  It doesn't have to be a Christmas one, it could be for Valentines  or any other occasion.

 

Tea Bag and Cookie Holder Card.  There is a link to the PDF file which you can download for free.  I love it!  What a unique gift idea!  From Split Coast Stampers.
















 

 Habitual Homebody.   I love these colourful coasters to crochet.  They would go up in a flash and make a great gift for someone and would be a wonderful way to use up scraps!



 DIY Rubber Bike Tyre Stamps.  From Good Ideas For You.



 Wind Chime made from Bottle Caps.  DIY from Garden Fuzz Garden.

 I am reading ...
  

Proof of Heaven,
a Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife, by Eben Alexander MD
Internationally acclaimed neurosurgeon Dr Eben Alexander always considered himself a man of science. His unwavering belief in evidence-based medicine fuelled a career in the top medical institutions of the world. But all this was set to change.

One morning in 2008 he fell into a coma after suffering a rare form of bacterial meningitis. Scans of his brain revealed massive damage. Death was deemed the most likely outcome. As his family prepared themselves for the worst, something miraculous happened. Dr Alexander's brain went from near total inactivity to awakening. He made a full recovery but he was never the same. He woke certain of the infinite reach of the soul, he was certain of a life beyond death.

In this astonishing book, Dr Alexander shares his experience, pieced together from the notes he made as soon as he was able to write again. Unlike other accounts of near-death experiences, he is able to explain in depth why his brain was incapable of fabricating the journey he experienced. His story is one of profound beauty and inspiration.

Fascinating.

I am looking forward to ...
Tina and Tony are coming for lunch tomorrow so I am looking forward to that, plus this Sunday is our Ward Conference and I am also looking forward to that!

Dreaming about ...


A Cottage in the woods  . . .



Pink glass cake stands  . . .

 

Shabby Chic cases  . . .



Pretty bowls to eat from . . .



A shabby Chic Kitchen  . . .

Something to watch ...


Road to Avonlea. We love it. Its nice.  I like nice tv.

A favourite quote for the day ...

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
                   ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
"I have had countless prayers answered. Not a day has gone by that I have not communicated with my Father in Heaven through prayer. It is a relationship I cherish—one I would literally be lost without."
~Thomas S Monson

I love President Monson.

Makes me smile ...



Window stars  . . .

One of my favourite things ...



Tiny boxes filled with things  . . .  small vignettes . . .

Corners of my Kingdom  ...


Devon, photo by Wardo, 1984


And that's my daybook for this week!


 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
 ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


7 comments:

  1. Good morning to you Marie,

    I didn't think weather was that variable in England. The heat has dropped a little here but the humidity is high and that makes everything a little more uncomfortable. How I miss England today.

    God bless you today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH I hate high humidity Suzan! I really do! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Marie! Oooo... but what is happening behind the scenes there that sounds so wonderful??!! Can't wait until you can spill the beans, then!! ;) I hope it has something to do with furthering your art work, or recipes??!! And speaking of recipes... that chicken casserole looks sooo good! That gift bag for tea and cookies is so sweet--what a great idea! How do folks come up with these ideas?! I must be short on brains... LOL! Fun creative ideas with recycling things too. WONDERFUL book you are reading, what an amazing story! Road to Avonlea...oh that was a great series, I remember it! LOVELY that image from Devon! Oh, to be in England...*sigh*... Happy Week, my friend ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can you keep us on pins and needles? LOL..
    Whatever it is..I am excited for you!

    Looking forward to hearing ..

    I love the start= curtains..I once had a hoop..Ikea that had stars like a mobile..unfortunately the stars stoppe shining..long gone..
    I love the star book..

    we have freezing rain right now..turning to snow..

    I love thos bowls too..I crated 2 French ones back..if you remember I was on a very limited budget..not old ones..new from a delightful shop..
    I follow an IGmer..all English cottages..so much charm..

    uncannily..I have that cake stand:)

    it's a funny rose though..leading towards peach..
    Can't wait to hear.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to hearing about your news, Hope your Tuesday is a terrific one !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh a secret....oh how long will we have to wait, I can hardly contain myself with the curiosity...or could it be I am a nosey Parker....
    There are so many things going round in my mind that the moment I can hardly contain myself and now you come and tell me we have to wait....well some friend you are !!!LOL...
    We have just finished dinner I always feed Peter on tuesdays days and Thursdays as we are one day short of Burns Night I decided that Haggis was the thing for dinner with the traditional mashed neeps and turnip..( mashed potato and swede) it was delicious and even peter who professes not to like Haggis had a second helping ! So it was good.....
    Taking car to garage in the morning there is a shudder on the steering wheel but I am not looking forward to it as it has to be at the garage by 10 am and the forecast is for fog and maybe even frost...my neighbour Val is following me up as she will have to bring me back but I know she is worried as well. Please pray that the forecast is wrong....
    Night night nGod Bless xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy, you and TJ will have to come over and visit us here in the North West so we can introduce you to the North of Wales and the Lakes. Oh what a wonderful dream that would be! xoxo

    MOnique I think I follow the same IG'er. Very nice. I would love a cake stand like that!xoxo

    Sorry Sybil, Monique, Tracy, Pam, I don't dare breathe a word until it is a sure thing, but once the contracts are signed I will be telling all! In fact it will be part of my duty as an author to tell all! Oops, I did let a little bit slip there. Shhh . . . please keep your fingers crossed that all goes as it is supposed to go! Thanks! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!